How to Apply for Maternity Leave at Deloitte
It's essential you take some time off work to bond with your new child after becoming a parent. Sadly, of the 38 OECD member nations, the US is the only one without any mandatory federal paid parental leave statutes. Sure, the FMLA leave helps, but it's unpaid. The good news is, you can access that comes with pay.
While this may be music to your ears, accessing this maternity leave isn't as jolly. Maybe you don't know where to start, or your request is met with a vindictive response, or worse, rejected.
We understand the importance of bonding time with your child. That's why we promise you, with our faster, more convenient, automated, less frustrating way, you'll be bonding in no time.
What does Deloitte Maternity Leave Policy Entail?
Becoming a mother is a fulfilling experience, whether through childbirth, adoption, or surrogacy. The first few months are vital for bonding and creating long-lasting connections with your child.
Additionally, it would help if you had adequate support financially and emotionally as you adjust to your new routine. For this, offers:
- 16 weeks of fully paid maternity leave
- Resources to express, pack, and ship in dry ice for next day shipping (through Deloitte University's Nursing mothers program)
- Infertility therapy and egg conservation in case of future health complications
- The LifeWorks® Program supports the New Parent Program, which supplies new parents' invaluable resources. LifeWorks® also assists in promoting the well-being of the new parents
- Lactation support covering counseling with a lactation specialist for six months, a top-notch breast pump, and recompensation for expenses incurred to ship expressed milk while on business trips
- Coaching to help transition back to work
Are you Eligible for the Deloitte Maternity Leave?
As you can see, Deloitte maternity leave has many goodies to offer new parents. In a country where 90% of new mothers suffer from postpartum depression, you can see why these benefits are ever so significant.
You qualify for leave if you:
- Became a mother through adoption
- Became a mother through surrogacy
- Became a mother through childbirth
While the real goodies come from bonding with your bundle of happiness, DoNotPay can help attain all the above benefits and more.
How to Request For Your Deloitte Maternity Leave by Yourself/On Your Own
After becoming a mother, it's up to you to begin your Deloitte maternity leave application process, that is if you have the time to do so. Luckily, FMLA also gives you the right to start your leave before the arrival of your child.
Whether before or after your baby arrives, you can use these methods to apply for your maternity leave:
You can call the HR department and request your leave early enough. They will explain to you the steps you need to follow through
Having a face-to-face conversation with your HR can help you get feedback instantly. Going to the HR office can also help you complete any forms on the same day, if possible. However, with social distancing being a priority in most workplaces, do you want to risk your health?
You can write an email to your HR department via the organization's intranet or via regular mail. Either way, ensure you write it professionally and address it to the proper superiors
Letter of request
If you are more comfortable writing a letter of request, you can do so. This letter is similar to an FMLA request letter containing the reason for leave requisition, your department, immediate supervisor, leave commencement, and a possible return to work dates. You can hand in the letter in person or use US Mail.
Now before you decide to DIY through any of these methods, answer this: in your current condition, do you have the time to fill in any forms the HR department will hand you? Do you have the time to go through all these processes, whether online or in-person? Whether pregnant or not, is it worth risking your health and that of your child by overexerting yourself, finding the right ways to write emails and letters, or the stress of waiting while completing numerous archaic forms? Let DoNotPay handle your request.
Your DIY Deloitte Maternity Request Has Been Denied. What Next?
Maternity leave denial is more common than you think. Maybe you incorrectly filled a form or letter, or just a form of workplace discrimination. In worst cases, your Deloitte maternity leave request can be met with retaliation, which is illegal.
If you are eligible for maternity leave but are denied, DoNotPay will help you file a claim in a court of law or lodge a complaint against Deloitte with the US Department of Labor. You have a right to maternity leave under FMLA.
Request for Your Deloitte Maternity Leave with the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to request parental leave but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Tell us which state you work in (if you work in CA, NY, NJ, MA, WA, or DC, your state has a paid family leave program).
- Choose whether you want us to apply to the program for you or contact your employer with your leave request. If you want to apply for the program, we will walk you through the questions on the form and mail the application form for you.
- If you want us to contact your employer, enter your leave details, including the starting date, number of weeks of leave, and how many weeks of paid leave you are requesting (for example, you may take a 12 week leave, but only request 8 weeks of paid leave to make the request reasonable).
- Indicate whether you are the birth parent or not (birth parents have a few additional legal protections).
- Enter the name of your company and the person to address this request to.
- Select whether you want us to email the request to your employer on your behalf.
And that's it! If you selected that you wanted us to apply for benefits on your behalf, we will mail your completed application form and you can expect to hear directly from them within a few weeks.
Learn more about your specific state’s FMLA process here:
|California||New York||New Jersey||New Mexico|
Why Use DoNotPay to Request for Your Deloitte Maternity Leave
It's vital you get enough resources, enough time, and support after the arrival of your child. You shouldn't worry whether your Deloitte maternity leave will be successful. Luckily, with us you won't have to, as we promise:
- Fast procedures — we'll reduce the time you spend on issues to do with the maternity leave so you can focus on your child
- Easy — we do everything online, so you'll have your maternity leave in no time
- Successful — our extensive experience gives us the confidence to assure you of success.
DoNotPay works across all companies/entities/groups with the click of a button.
Deloitte is among the few businesses that offer paid maternity leave. In the absence of mandatory parental leave in the country, it is up to the states to provide parental leave. In the meantime, DoNotPay can help you with your FMLA leave requests if you are in:
- New York
- New Jersey
Claiming your FMLA leave can be challenging without a professional guide to help you. The application procedures, including the numerous FMLA forms, are brutal. Let DoNotPay handle the application process on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Finally, your Deloitte maternity leave is successful. You now have some resources, time, and support to help you with your child in those critical first months. But that's not all we can do.
We can also help you:
- Request sick leave
- File a formal grievance against any party
Contact us today to learn more.