The Simple Way to Fly on the Cheapest Airlines
If you're traveling by air, it's likely that the cost of the airline is a factor in your travel choices. But what are the cheapest airlines in the United States and how can you be sure you're getting the best available airfare? DoNotPay can help you find the cheapest airlines and even find discounts on the already-low fares.
How to Save Money on Airline Tickets on Your Own
There are a variety of ways to save money on airline tickets, even when you're not flying on the cheapest airlines.
- The first tip for saving money on airfare is to be flexible with your travel plans. If you can, book your flights for weekdays. Tuesday and Wednesday tend to be the cheapest days to fly, according to Airfare Watchdog. Fridays and Sundays, on the other hand, tend to be the most expensive days to fly, so you should avoid them whenever possible.
You may also consider booking a red-eye flight since many airlines have trouble filling seats on flights that depart late at night, you can often find great deals there. Finally, consider flying into a smaller, nearby airport (such as Chicago's Midway airport instead of O'Hare). This can make air travel both cheaper and more pleasant for you.
- Another way to save money on airline tickets is to book your flight early. Flights are cheapest if you book them between four months and three weeks before your travel date; the closer to your travel date, the more expensive the tickets get.
- Also consider booking a pair of one-way flights instead of a round trip. This allows you to mix and match airlines for your trip, as well as taking advantage of promotions in multiple ways.
What Airlines Offer Coupon/Promo Codes?
Most airlines offer occasional promotions on their websites, but they're often hidden and hard to find. Some of these promotions require you to book through a specific vendor, or stay a certain length of time, but it's always worth taking a look before you book your flight!
The Cheapest Airlines
The United States has a lot of discount airlines, but which ones are the cheapest to fly with? We've done the research and found the top five cheapest airlines in the US. These fares do not include extra fees, which most of these airlines charge for features such as checked bags, Wi- Fi, and priority seat selection, but if you're able to travel light, they can provide amazing deals.
Spirit offers some of the cheapest airfares in the United States, and they have a huge network of destinations within North America, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. The Free Spirit® rewards program helps you save even more money by earning points on qualifying flights, and the Spirit Saver$ Club® provides discounts on flight upgrades such as priority boarding and reduced bag-check fees.
Frontier is another US airline that is famous for offering discounted flights. They offer a huge variety of travel destinations within North America, as well as some Central and South American cities. While they do charge extra for features such as checked bags and carry-ons as well as advance seat selection, you can buy bundles such as the WORKS and the PERKS in order to save on these fees while still getting all the amenities you expect.
If you're looking to save money on a flight within the United States, Allegiant Air is definitely one of the cheapest airlines you can consider. They also fly into a variety of smaller cities and towns, which can save you a lot of time if you're traveling directly to one of those towns.
Sun Country Airlines
Sun Country Airlines is one of the cheapest airlines in the United States, but unless you're flying out of Minnesota, you may not have heard of them before. This budget airline offers flights from Minneapolis/Saint Paul Airport to dozens of destinations in the United States, Mexico, Canada, Central America, and the Caribbean.
Alaska Airlines has one of the most extensive route maps of the airlines on this list. They offer flights throughout the United States (including Hawaii), Canada, Mexico, and Central America.
Here's a summary of the cheapest airlines in the US:
|Airline||Average Cost Per Mile||Number of Destinations|
|Sun Country Airlines||$0.322||59|
Find the Cheapest Airlines with DoNotPay
If you want to find the best prices but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Go to the Find the Best Deals product on DoNotPay.
- Choose the type of purchase you're looking to make (such as clothing, electronics, appliances, flight tickets, hotel reservations, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including any brands or features you're looking for and whether you're open to pre-owned items (if applicable).
- Choose whether to sort your results by just by the lowest price or the price and reviews.
Why Use DoNotPay to Find the Cheapest Airlines
DoNotPay is the easiest way to find all the cheapest airfares in a single search. Many airlines only offer discounts on bookings through their website, and not through third-party travel search sites, meaning that in order to check for the cheapest flights, you often need to visit multiple websites. DoNotPay consolidates these deals into one app, so you know you can find what you're looking for without the hassle.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay is about more than finding you discounts on products! As the world's first robot lawyer, DoNotPay can help you:
- Schedule recall repairs for your car
- Fight email and text spam
- Sue any person or company in small claims court
- Find missing money that is owed to you
And much more! Find out what DoNotPay can do for you today.