Does Your Website Look Too Square? Cancel Squarespace With DoNotPay!
Squarespace is a website building and hosting platform that offers numerous pre-built templates and drag-and-drop elements for creating and editing web pages. It launched in 2004 and currently offers e-commerce tools, domain names, and analytics services.
The company offers four distinct subscription plans that automatically renew monthly or annually:
- Basic commerce
- Advanced commerce
How To Cancel Squarespace Subscription Plans
Based on Squarespace’s Support page, you have two options to get rid of your subscription:
- Cancel the subscription plan
- Disable the auto-renewal option and let your website expire
The table below shows available cancellation methods:
|Can You Cancel With||Yes/No|
Cancel Your Squarespace Subscription on the Website
Canceling your Squarespace subscription using this method will be immediate, and your website or online store won’t be visible any longer. The steps are as follows:
- Log in to your Squarespace account
- Choose Settings from the Home Menu
- Go to Billing & Account and click on Billing
- Select Website or Commerce under Subscriptions
- Hit Cancel Website/Store Subscription
- Provide the cancellation reason or click on Skip
- Pick Cancel Subscription one more time to confirm
Disable the Auto-Renewal Option on the Website
Disabling the auto-renewal option will stop your subscription, but only when the current billing cycle expires. Your website or online store will remain active during that period. Follow these steps to proceed:
- Pick Settings from the Home Menu when you log in
- Click on Billing & Account and then Billing
- Select Website/Store from the Subscriptions section
- Uncheck the Auto-Renew option
- Hit Save to finalize the process
How To Cancel Squarespace the Easy Way
DoNotPay offers the most convenient way to handle any unwanted subscriptions or memberships. The method we use takes three simple steps and can be done in one minute:
- Set up your DoNotPay account in any
- Select the Find Hidden Money option
- Type in Squarespace when the app asks which service you want to cancel
It doesn’t get any simpler than that. When you connect your email address or bank account to DoNotPay, our AI bots will scan your inbox or bank statements for all recurring charges and help you identify the subscriptions you forgot about. This feature saves time and money, no matter how small the monthly charge is!
Potential Issues With Squarespace Cancellations
If you purchased additional services like Squarespace Domains, Email Campaigns, or Scheduling, you should know that canceling your website plan or turning the auto-renewal off won’t affect these tool subscriptions. You will need to cancel them individually in the Billing & Account section of your profile.
After canceling your website subscription plan, Squarespace will permanently delete your site after 30 days unless you change your mind.
Can I Get a Refund From Squarespace After Canceling My Subscription?
Squarespace doesn’t offer refunds for monthly subscriptions or renewals. You will be able to secure a full refund for your annual subscription if you cancel it within two weeks from the initial payment. Refund requests submitted after 14 days are not honored.
Those who qualify for refunds usually get them within three to ten business days.
Does Squarespace Offer a Free Trial?
You can try Squarespace and most of its premium features for free during the first two weeks without providing credit card information. The trial can be extended for seven additional days. After it expires, you have to choose a subscription plan.
Squarespace allows you to create as many trial websites as you want, but after the trial period, you can access them only if you subscribe to a paid service.
How To Recognize Squarespace Charges in Your Bank Statement
If you want to make sure Squarespace is not charging you anymore after you cancel your subscription, look for one of these codes in your next bank statement:
|Debit Card Purchase - SQUARESPACE INC 6465803456 NY||SQUARESPACE INC. HTTPSSQUARESPNY||SQUARESPACE INC. NEW YORK NY|
|SQUARESPACE INC 6465803456 NY||SQUARESPACE INC. xxx-xxx-3456 NY||SQUARESPACE INC|
|SQUARESPACE INC xxxxxx3456 NY||SQUARESPACE INC. 6465803456 NY||SQUARESPACE INC., 6465803456|
|SQUARESPACE INC., 6465803456 USA||SQUARESPACE INC. 6465803456 NY 10014 USA||SQUARESPACE INC., NON-STERLING TRANS|
|CHECKCARD SQUARESPACE INC NEW YORK NY||SQUARE SLICE LTD, LONDON, SW1P||SQUARESPACE INC.|
|SQUARESPACE INC., 6465803456 US||SQUARESPACE INC. 646-580-3456 NY||SQUARESPACE INC. 6465803456|
|SQUARESPACE INC., 6465803456, NY||SQUARESPACE INC. HTTPSSQUARESP NY||Recur Debit Card Purchase SQUARESPACE INC. ...3456 NY|
|SQUARESPACE INC., NON-STERLING TRAN||SQUARESPACE INC. 6465803456 NY US||SQUARESPACE INC.SQUARESP|
|SQUARESPACE INC. NEW YORK||SQUARESPACE INC., SQUARESP||POS DEBIT SQUARESPACE INC NEW YORK NY|
|SQUARESPACE INC. SQUARESPACE.C NY||SQUARESPACE INC. 6465803456 US||SQUARESPACE INC.SQUARESP US|
What Else Is DoNotPay Good For?
DoNotPay can help you get rid of other website and domain hosting subscriptions and get your refund the easy way. We can be of service if you’re dealing with companies like Name, GoDaddy, Media Temple, or WordPress.
You can access the full range of our useful tools and features when you create your DoNotPay account in a . Check them out:
- Fixing credit card issues
- Eliminating subscriptions or memberships
- Saying goodbye to text spam
- Saving time when calling customer support centers
- Protecting your work by stopping copyright infringement
- Securing refunds from various companies
- Applying for clinical trials
- Using free trials without risks of getting charged
- Serving revenge to robocall scammers
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Getting refunds or compensation for delayed and canceled flights
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Stopping spam mail forever
- Scheduling a DMV appointment without waiting in lines
- Protecting yourself and your loved ones from stalking and harassment
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Challenging traffic tickets