Can You Donate Plasma if You Have HPV?
If you have the Human Papilloma Virus, you've probably asked .
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 80 million Americans are currently HPV-positive, and about 75% of the U.S. population has been HPV positive at one point in their lives. That means a lot of people who want to donate plasma are asking the same question as you.
The answer is yes if you can find a center that allows HPV+ people (who otherwise qualify) to donate plasma. But if you don't use DoNotPay to do your research for you, be ready to do some digging, because regardless of your pre-existing medical conditions, you'll still want to find the plasma center with the best reputation and the biggest payouts!
7 (More!) Common Questions About Plasma Donation Health Requirements
It's important to know what physical requirements can prevent you from donating before you put the work into finding the right center. Note, some centers have different rules than others, but the following answers apply to most plasma donation facilities.
|How old do I have to be to donate plasma?
|You must be at least 18 years old to donate plasma.
|Can I donate plasma if I'm HIV-positive?
|No, people with Human Immunodeficiency Virus are prohibited from donating plasma. Most plasma centers go so far as to ban gay males and those who have traveled to some African countries. It's also the primary reason you probably can't donate plasma if you've had tattoo work or piercings within six months, though modern tattoo, piercing, and cosmetic enhancement shops tend to be extremely safe.
|Can I donate plasma if I have Herpes Simplex Virus?
|If you have HSV-1 or HSV-2, you can donate but you must be symptom-free.
|Can I donate plasma if I'm very petite... or very large?
|You must be at least 110 pounds to donate plasma. Many locations pay more to people who are larger than the average, as they can donate more plasma at each session, and possibly donate plasma more frequently.
|Can I donate plasma if I have blood pressure problems?
|Your blood pressure must be between 90/50 and 180/100 on your donation dates. Plasma center staff routinely records blood pressure and temperature.
|Can I donate plasma if I have diabetes?
|You can donate plasma if you have diabetes, but your blood sugar levels must be within an acceptable range. Your donation center might want to check your levels before giving you the green light to donate that day.
|How has Covid-19 affected donation eligibility?
|You may be required to take a rapid Covid test, whether or not you've been vaccinated. If you recently got a Covid vaccination or booster shot, you must be symptom-free, including those specifically related to the vaccine itself.
How to Find Places Where You Can Donate Plasma if You Have HPV
Finding the right plasma donation center for you can be an aggravating, time-consuming process, and the last thing you want to do is spend hours getting approved only to find out they don't pay nearly as well as their local competitors, they don't allow HPV+ donors or their center doesn't seem like a safe, clean, efficient place. Here are some useful tips for making the best-informed choice, if you're not going to use a service like DoNotPay to do the legwork for you:
- Do an internet search using the following keywords:
- Plasma donation centers near me
- Plasma centers HPV+
- Plasma donation centers in (your city)
- Call the plasma donation center and find out if people with HPV can donate plasma at their facility.
- Ask them to e-mail you a copy of their health requirements, and any paperwork they'd require you to sign.
- These requirements should include a list of viruses and other pre-existing health conditions that would bar you from donating.
- Ask them exactly what's required to get the most of any new-donor bonuses.
- Ask what days of the week are the least busy. Donating plasma takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes, but your wait time could be hours!
- Carefully read all the documents.
- Call the center with any questions you might still have about how to donate plasma at their location. If the person on the phone gets impatient with you, cross that center off your list; you have a right to be informed and to advocate for yourself!
Even though you can expect to spend a lot of time on hold, you should follow these steps for every nearby plasma donation center listed in the search engine results. Be sure to factor in travel time and costs when making your choice, as you could be traveling back and forth several times each month!
Let DoNotPay Screen Your Plasma Donation Centers for You!
You'll spend enough time getting "vetted" by plasma donation centers, so why not have someone help you choose which center you feel deserves your time? DoNotPay can bring you estimates for payments, find out whether you're eligible, and even give you the low-down on each center's donation process so you'll be better prepared to make a decision.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups with The Click of a Button
At DoNotPay, we can also help you:
- Donate plasma for money.
- Know how often you can donate plasma, how old you should be for you to donate plasma, as well as how long it takes to donate plasma.
- Know if you can donate plasma after the Covid vaccine, if people with diabetes can donate plasma, and who is not eligible for donating plasma.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
Once you've settled on a , you can look forward to making a generous side income. What's next? DoNotPay has hundreds of other advocacy services, including these:
- Create an advance directive for important health care decisions
- Find and apply to clinical trials
- File an insurance claim
- Request sick leave from your employer
Finding a plasma donation center is the perfect way to find out how DoNotPay can pay for itself. Let's get started! The sooner we win you over, the sooner we can help you clear out your "to-do" list!