Can You Donate Plasma If You Had Cancer?
Kind-hearted people often wonder "Can you donate plasma if you had cancer?". The type of person who asks this question is someone who has literally faced cancer and yet still wants to do their part to help others by donating their plasma. It is a beautiful question to ask, and it is something that needs to be sorted out. DoNotPay has the answers for you, and can even help you take the steps that you need to take to become a plasma donor. If you have the drive and ambition to get involved with this life-saving process, then please read on.
Why Donate Plasma?
Sometimes people have to ask themselves why they should get involved with plasma donation in the first place. It is not as though they are opposed to the idea of donating plasma, but sometimes a little extra reason to do so is just what someone needs to get motivated. There are three big reasons why someone might choose to donate:
|It is the gift of life to another person||Patients with blood-clotting issues or a variety of other medical ailments may find themselves in dire need of the plasma of another person. When you donate, you provide that life-saving plasma to someone else.|
|Only a small number of eligible people donate||There are millions of people in the United States who are qualified to give blood and/or plasma, but only a small percentage do. Thus, there is a great untapped resource out there that could help society in so many ways. Perhaps you would like to contribute to it.|
|Some plasma donation facilities will pay you money||You don't have to donate plasma for the monetary reward of doing so, but many people find this is a nice added incentive. After all, getting a little instant cash in one's pocket can be useful in an emergency.|
Are People With Cancer Eligible to Donate?
The question is often asked about if people with cancer are eligible to donate their plasma given the potential health impacts that cancer might have taken on their bodies. There are a few restrictions on this that everyone should know about including:
- You cannot donate until your cancer has been in remission for at least 12 months
- You cannot have a recurrence of cancer
- You cannot be actively undergoing cancer treatment and donate
It is heartbreaking that people with cancer are often barred from donating their plasma, but these regulations are in place to try to protect the safety and well-being of those who receive the plasma. The damage that cancer can do to one's blood cells makes it impossible for the safe donation of plasma in many cases.
How Can You Find Where to Donate?
People who are eager to donate their plasma can take a little bit of time and look up where they are eligible to donate. It turns out that most zip codes have a plasma donation center somewhere near them. A great resource to use to look up where you need to go is CSL Plasma. Use their location finder by plugging in your zip code to see where some centers are within a certain mile radius from you.
Once you have that information in hand, you will want to do some research on the various centers that it turns up to figure out which ones make the most sense for your needs. You might want to read some reviews of those centers as well to make sure they conduct their business fairly and ethically.
Use DoNotPay to Become a Plasma Donor
If you are interested in becoming a plasma donor, the fastest way is to use the tools provided by DoNotPay. They have a step-by-step guide for how you can use their website to quickly become a donor.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
How Else Can You Successfully Use DoNotPay?
While you are looking for information about plasma donation through DoNotPay, perhaps you would also like to take a look around at what they have to offer in terms of other services. DoNotPay is now famous for offering these services as well:
- Help to file insurance claims
- Forms for requesting sick leave from work
- Forms required to get yourself onto ongoing clinical trials
There are many medical bureaucracies out there, but DoNotPay does everything in its power to help you discover how to cut through the paperwork and get to the kind of results that you want to see. They save you time and help you get on to the medical treatments that you require.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
At DoNotPay, we can also help you:
- Donate plasma for money.
- Know how often you can donate plasma, how old you should be for you to donate plasma, as well as how long it takes to donate plasma.
- Know if you can donate plasma after the Covid vaccine, if people with diabetes can donate plasma, and who is not eligible for donating plasma.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
We can also help you:
- Manage credit card issues
- Cancel memberships or subscriptions
- Get rid of parking tickets
- Manage bills
And much more!
Sign up on our website today to familiarize yourself with more of our services!