How Can I Contact Aurora Animal Control
Do you want to report animal cruelty or neglect within the city of Aurora? Are you interested in adding a furry friend to your family? Do you have a lost or found animal? Are you looking to surrender your animal to a shelter within Aurora?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, Aurora Animal Control will take care of that, among other things. Additionally, you should consider using DoNotPay when reporting an animal-related incident.
What Services Does Aurora Animal Control Offer?
There are various services you can access through Aurora Animal Control. These include
- Talks to groups regarding proper pet care, being safe around animals, and responsible pet ownership.
- Animal cruelty investigations on animals within the city of Aurora.
- Removal of stray dogs or cats from the city.
- Addressing barking dog complaints.
- Removing road-killed animals from the streets of Aurora.
- Investigating animal bites.
- Providing pet adoptions of pets at the shelter.
More Information About Aurora Animal Control
How Does Aurora Animal Control Address Animal Bites?
If an animal within the city of Aurora bit you, seek medical attention immediately. Also, remember to report the bite as soon as possible. If you are threatened, chased, or attacked by an animal still running at large, you should report the incident to Aurora Animal Control.
Aurora Animal Control's Advice Regarding Feeding of Stray Cats
First, understand that feeding stray cats within Aurora is prohibited. The reason is that feeding stray or wild/feral cats encourages the formation of cat colonies. Note that if the cats you are feeding are not neutered/spayed, these colonies can form fast.
As such, you should consider contacting Aurora Animal Control regarding such situations.
Aurora Animal Control Wild Animals Removal
Apart from looking after pets, Aurora Animal Control can also handle wild animals. So, if you want to request the removal of animals like squirrels, raccoons, opossums, and the like, you should get in touch with a licensed human trapper.
Aurora Animal Control can mail, fax, or provide a list for pickup of licensed humane trappers within Aurora that you can call when you need their services.
Aurora Animal Control Adoption Steps
- Begin by filling out an adoption application.
- Before the actual adoption, everyone in your family needs to see the pet you are adopting. There is no guarantee regarding the temperament of the pet you are adopting with adults, children, and other pets or if it is housebroken. That is why your family needs to interact with the pet before adoption.
- If you have a dog at home, you need to introduce it to the one you intend to adopt.
- A written documentation from your landlord confirming that you are permitted to have a pet in your residence is necessary if you live in a rental.
- Neutering/spaying of all animals adopted from a public animal shelter is required by law, which happens before adoption. The law also requires that all adopted animals over four months old be vaccinated for rabies within 30 days.
- Visiting a veterinarian within seven days of adoption to have your pet checked and discuss future care and office visits deemed necessary is also part of the requirements.
- If the veterinarian discovers a serious health condition, they should include the details when signing and dating the adoption contract. As the owner, you can return the pet to the shelter within three days of the exam.
- There is an adoption fee for any animal you wish to adopt from Aurora Animal Control.
- You need to register any pet you adopt within Aurora.
How Do You Report An Animal-Related Incident on DoNotPay?
Perhaps, you want to report an animal-related injury, but you do not know where to start. If that is the case, you can follow the simple steps below when using DoNotPay.
- Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.
- Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.
- Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).
Why Should You Use DoNotPay to Report An Animal-Related Incident?
DoNotPay is proven to be
|Successful||The step-by-step guidance that DoNotPay provides promotes success.|
|Fast||You will save a lot of time by using DoNotPay to report an animal-related incident.|
|Easy||You will avoid the need to track all the steps involved in reporting an animal-related incident when you decide to use DoNotPay. Also, you will not need to fill out tedious forms.|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Aurora Animal Control offers a wide range of services and if you intend to adopt a pet, consider visiting the shelter. On the other hand, signing up with DoNotPay today comes in handy when you wish to report an animal-related incident. DoNotPay may also assist you in
DoNotPay also has a large collection of information regarding the different dog bite laws in different locations:
Aside from animal-related issues, DoNotPay could also help you in other legal matters:
- Allows you to sue anyone in small claims court
- Facilitates compensation for victims of crime
- Addresses neighbor complaints
- Helps you to contact government representatives