Three Steps To Report Animal Related Incident in Sarasota.

iEditorial Note: These blog posts represent the opinion of DoNotPay’s Writers, but each person’s situation and circumstances vary greatly. As a result, you should make sure to do your own independent research. Because everyone is unique, our self-help tools are never guaranteed to help with any specific situation. DoNotPay is not a law firm, is not licensed to practice law, and is not equivalent to the services of a licensed lawyer. DoNotPay provides a platform for legal information and self-help, and does not offer legal services. Third party news articles mentioned on our website do not necessarily reflect the views of the company, or the current services that we offer.

How to Easily Report Incidents with Dogs to Animal Control Sarasota

If you have a dog in your neighborhood that frequently comes onto your property, scares your kids, or bites someone in your family, you should know that there is a way to make it stop. The easiest way if you live near Tampa, Florida, is to contact animal control Sarasota.

When you make contact, you should tell them what is going on and why you feel that they should become involved with the animal. You should also include dates and other information to help you prove your point.

If you are not sure of how to handle everything. DoNotPay can act as a useful guide to ensure that you can take care of the situation and avoid worrying over how to report a dog bite or annoyances.

About Sarasota Animal Control

In Sarasota, incidents involving animals are taken very seriously, whether it is the animal being abused or an animal annoyance for the county's residents. Therefore, depending on the situation you are dealing with, there are numbers for you to call and get help if you are searching Sarasota County animal control.

Sheriff's Office Animal Services

The sheriff's office will assist with wildlife or domesticated animals including:

  • Nuisance Complaints
  • Animal Bites
  • Animal Cruelty Reports
  • Lost and Found Pets
  • Injured Animals

You can visit their office at their address or call their number during their hours of operation.

Address8451 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota
Phone Number(941) 861-9500
EmailNot Applicable

Their hours of operation are:

Administrative- Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Pet Adoptions or Lost and Found- Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturday 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 3 p.m.

If you feel that you are in immediate danger, and you cannot wait until the next morning, you can still contact the sheriff's office to ask for help. Simply call 911 anytime or (941) 861-5800 between the hours of 7 a.m.-7 p.m.

The Humane Society of Sarasota County

This is the place to go for pet adoptions and to get help if you feel that an animal is in danger rather than you, personally. They may not be able to help you get rid of the animal bothering you, but they may be able to help you get in touch with someone who can. The HSSC is located at 2331 15th Street, Sarasota or you can call them at (941) 955-4131. Hours of operation are Tuesday-Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Sarasota Animal Control Options

During off-hours, if you notice that there is a wild animal in your yard or your home, you can contact animal control companies that offer 24-hour a day service. These companies are not a part of the county, so you may have to pay for their services.

When you search for, "Sarasota County animal control phone number" you will be presented with a variety of options. Any will make it possible for you to get the help that you need, but it may not always be as quickly as you want.

Animal Control Laws in Sarasota or Venice Florida

It is the job of animal control in Venice, Florida, and those in Sarasota, to protect the people and the residents who call it home. Therefore, there are many rules and laws that should be followed to ensure the well-being of everyone.

An animal may be considered a nuisance if:

  1. Is Repeatedly Found Wandering
  2. Damages Property
  3. Chases Vehicles
  4. Barks Constantly
  5. Is Found in Public Areas (parks, beaches, playgrounds, schools, etc.)
  6. Attacks People or Animals

Beyond this, the law states that any known vicious animal should be registered with the Sarasota Police Department. This includes pit bulls and other breeds even if they have not attacked anyone.

Therefore, as a resident, if you notice that an animal is frequently on your property, whether they cause damage or not, you have the right to protect your property. To retake possession of the pet, the owner will have to pay the county and will be told to do what they must in order to keep the animal at home.

How to Report a Dangerous Animal on Your Own?

Only you know when an animal is causing you too much trouble. Even though you may want the pet owner to step up, it may sometimes be necessary to contact animal control Sarasota. If the animal on your property seems aggressive, it is better to deal with it before someone gets hurt.

You are urged to contact the Sarasota Sheriff's Office at (941) 861-9500 whether you are in Sarasota or the surrounding areas during business hours when possible. If it is not during the normal hours of operation, you should call 911.

If you sustain an injury, you should contact 911 immediately.

A dog or a group of feral cats that are frequently getting in your trash may not take priority. You may have to wait for help. This gives you plenty of time to gather your evidence showing that the animals in your neighborhood are causing problems for you. You can:

  • List Dates of Animals on Your Property
  • Capture Photographs of the Damages
  • List Times When You Contacted the Pet Owner About the Problem
  • Photograph or Video Record Instances of Aggression Toward Family or Pets That You Own

*Please Note: you should always avoid aggressive animals and get pets or your family members out of the way of danger as quickly as possible.

The more information you can provide, the faster animal control Sarasota will be there to deal with your situation. In the event of a bite or serious injuries, the Health Department should be notified, photographs should be taken, and medical care should be received.

From there, it may be time to contact an animal bite lawyer to help you get compensation for your medical bills as they relate to the incident. If you are concerned about the process or the cost of suing someone, DoNotPay would be happy to assist you.

If You Cannot Deal with Animal Control Yourself, DoNotPay Can Help

DoNotPay understands that no one truly wants to call out their neighbor's pets as a problem for them. We generally don't want to be "that neighbor" or get others into trouble. However, sometimes it is necessary if you want the issues to stop.

We have helped people all over the United States from Los Angeles to Atlanta with their animal control issues. As the world's first AI Consumer Champion, we have success stories and understand the animal law for all states including:

  1. Pennsylvania
  2. California
  3. Texas
  4. Ohio

If you want to report an animal incident to , DoNotPay can help. In just 3 easy steps we can ensure your report is taken seriously by animal control and your neighbor.

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.

  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.

  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).

And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details! You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?

DoNotPay can do much more than submit a claim to the or Venice, Florida area. Some other services that may interest you during this time may include:

  • Seeking Compensation for Damages or Injury
  • Going to Small Claims Court for Help
  • Contacting Your Government Officials
  • Complaints Against Your Neighbor

No matter what type of situation you are dealing with in your life, DoNotPay has the help you need to get through it. All you have to do is contact us for assistance.

Want your issue solved now?