How To Report a Dog Attack to Johnson County Animal Control

iEditorial Note: These blog posts represent the opinion of DoNotPay’s Writers, but each person’s situation and circumstances vary greatly. As a result, you should make sure to do your own independent research. Because everyone is unique, our self-help tools are never guaranteed to help with any specific situation. DoNotPay is not a law firm, is not licensed to practice law, and is not equivalent to the services of a licensed lawyer. DoNotPay provides a platform for legal information and self-help, and does not offer legal services. Third party news articles mentioned on our website do not necessarily reflect the views of the company, or the current services that we offer.

File a Report With Johnson County Animal Control Easily

If you've been attacked or feel threatened by an aggressive dog, it is essential to report it to the proper authorities. Filing the appropriate reports ensures you have a paper trail if you need to press charges or seek compensation for medical bills. It can also help protect others from potential attacks. For reporting dog bites or aggressive animals to , Indiana, DoNotPay can walk you through the process.

How Can Johnson County Animal Control Help?

focuses primarily on addressing animal neglect, aggressive animals/attacks, and chip readings. For other services, you should contact the appropriate agencies.

Johnson County Animal Control Will Respond To:

  • Bite reports
  • Animals that are running at large (unconfined off property)
  • Reports of aggressive animals
  • Reports of animal neglect
  • Found pets/chip reading, but the animal must be confined during on-call hours.
  • Deceased animals, for chip reading, if it is in a location where it is creating a hazard.
  • Otherwise, contact your local street department.

Johnson County Animal Control Will Not Respond To:

Barking/noise complaintsCall the local police department.
Wildlife Call DNR 812-526-4996
Animals that are stuck in trees, inside or under your residence, etc. Request assistance from the Fire Department or contact a Pest Control removal service if appropriate.

Johnson County Animal Control: Contact Details and Hours of Operation

To file a report with the Johnson County Animal Control, you can contact them during regular hours or on-call hours.

Contact Information

Address2160 Graham Rd, Franklin, IN 46131
Phone Number317-738-6092

Hours of Operation

Their hours of operation vary slightly through the week, so you may not always be able to reach them directly.

Thursday8:00am -11:30pm

Holidays are excluded from these hours, and you must use an on-call method.

On-Call Hours

For reporting animal problems or emergencies after hours:

EmergenciesCall 911 immediately
Non-emergency reportsCall (317)346-6336
Animal Control Officer Line Voicemail (317)738-6092

What to Do When You Get Bit by a Dog in Johnson County

If you or a family member has been attacked, you should do the following:

  1. Tend to the wound immediately. Dog bites can lead to infections. For minor injuries, you can wash with soap and water, apply antibiotic ointment, and cover with a bandage. Apply pressure with a clean cloth for deep wounds and seek medical attention. If you feel faint or weak, or cannot stop the bleeding quickly, go to urgent care or an emergency room. If you seek any type of medical assessment and treatment for an animal attack, ask for copies of your records. It is essential to have everything documented.
  2. Take pictures of the wounds. Get photos from different angles and make sure to include bites, bruises, scratches, and scrapes.
  3. Identify the dog's owner. If possible, get the owner's contact information, or record their address, license plate, or other identifying information.
  • If the dog owner is not present, watch if the dog returns to a nearby home, speak to neighbors or reliable witnesses, etc.
  • If it is a stray, try to remember where it came from, watch which direction it goes, or any other information to help animal control locate the dog.
  1. Report the attack to Johnson County Animal Control. If you have been attacked, or even if an aggressive dog threatens you or your loved ones, you need to report it via one of the methods listed above. Try to relay all details about the attack accurately.
  2. File a police report. If you intend to press charges against the owner, you must file a police report. If you plan to send demand letters to for compensation related to dog bite injuries, you will need to prepare all the documentation.
  3. Seek a Personal Injury Lawyer. While this is not going to be necessary for minor animal bites, an attorney experienced with dog bite injuries can potentially get you the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, loss of wages, or other costs related to the injury. This might be a tedious course of action, but it is one to consider.

Let DoNotPay Help You File Reports With Johnson County Animal Control

Animal attacks can be scary and overwhelming. Once you have sought medical care and are ready to report the incident or seek compensation from the owner, DoNotPay can save you time and stress by helping you through the process.

How to Report an Animal-Related Incident On DoNotPay:

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.

  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.

  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).

And that's it. DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details. You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

Learn More About DoNotPay’s Animal Control Services

DoNotPay knows that your time is valuable, and if you're dealing with something as stressful as animal attacks, we want to make it easier for you. We can help you report dog bites in any county in Indiana or cities across the country, like Los Angeles, Atlanta, or Miami. Whether the attack happens at home, or you are traveling, from Texas to Pennsylvania or Ohio to California, to any other state, we have you covered.

We make the entire process fast, easy and successful. You save time and energy because we do the work for you. Simply give us the pertinent information, and we will take the steps necessary on your behalf to file reports and demand letters. You can rest assured we will make the best case for you.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

Helping you file dog bite incident reports and seek compensation is just one of the many ways DoNotPay can help you. Some of the other ways we can help include:

Let DoNotPay help you today.

Want your issue solved now?