How to Get Rental Assistance In San Bernardino County
Are you having difficulty paying your rent? Help is available with rental assistance in San Bernardino County. We can help you find even if you need help paying rent today.
Rental assistance provides a means of paying your rent when you cannot pay. We can help you find the right resources for rental assistance and teach you how to get help with rent. We will also show you how to conveniently enroll in a rental housing assistance program from your web browser or mobile phone with DoNotPay.
How Can I Apply for Rental Assistance in San Bernardino County?
If you need help paying rent to avoid eviction, you have several options for . HUD rental assistance, Community groups, and government assistance for rent can help you avoid eviction. Three primary rent assistance programs are operating in San Bernardino.
California Emergency Rental Assistance Program
California emergency rental assistance program, also known as ERAP is an emergency fund for landlords and tenants whose ability to pay rent is impacted by COVID-19. It is a federal program available to California residents that meet all three of the following:
- An average income below 80% of the area median income.
- At the risk of eviction, homelessness, or lack of stable housing.
- Shows a decrease in income as a result of the COVID-19 response
If you meet the threshold, you can apply for rental assistance in San Bernardino County by visiting the Housing is Key page and clicking apply now in the language of your choice. Find your location on the map and answer the questions in the web browser. You will need an ID and proof of loss of income due to the pandemic.
City of San Bernardino Rental Assistance Program
If you are within San Bernardino, you can apply for a local ERAP. The program requirements are the same as the California ERAP. Applicants must be below 80% of the area median income, at risk of eviction, and have proof of lower income due to COVID-19.
The city will cover up to 12 months of rent and utilities if you meet the requirements. You can apply online or by phone. You will need an ID, current lease or rental agreement, and proof of lost income due to COVID-19.
Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino
The Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino is a local nonprofit that provides various forms of support to the community. They can produce vouchers and funds to pay for housing and utilities, along with transient shelter. Requirements include:
- Meet with a Family Development Specialist
- Not have received support from the partnership in the last 12 months
You can apply online, by phone, or by walk-in to the Community Action Partnership office at 696 S. Tippecanoe Ave, San Bernardino, CA 92408, on weekdays until 4:30 PM.
|Name of Program||Type of Aid||Phone Number||Application Link|
|California Emergency Rental Assistance Program||Rent funding up to 12 months, Utilities||1-833-430-2122||CA COVID-19 Rent Relief|
|City of San Bernardino Rental Assistance Program||Rent funding up to 12 months, Utilities||1-855-722-7759 (1-855-SB-APPLY)||San Bernardino Emergency Rental Assistance Program|
|Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino||Rent funding, Voucher, Housing, Utilities||1-909-723-1558||Eviction Prevention Assistance|
Apply for Rental Assistance in San Bernardino County
Applying for rental assistance on your own can be overwhelming. There are numerous programs with different requirements. The process can also be intimidating and time-consuming. These steps will help you apply for rental assistance in San Bernardino County:
- Find rental assistance programs willing to serve you. It will depend on your location, rental situation, and other factors like pandemic impact.
- Read the requirements and see if you will likely meet them. Gather the required paperwork, such as your lease agreement and income information.
- Fill out the application(s) and wait for a response.
How long does it take to get rental assistance? With many applicants looking for rent relief due to COVID-19, it can take 30 days for funds to be disbursed. DoNotPay can help you get faster assistance by sending a letter directly to your local housing authority.
Apply for Rental Assistance in San Bernardino County With DoNotPay
Choosing the right rental assistance program in San Bernardino County can be difficult. You may need to fill out several forms and wait weeks for a reply. With DoNotPay, there is an easier way to get rental assistance. DoNotPay will send a letter on your behalf and help you take inventory of your assets to get relief faster.
We can compose a letter to your local housing authority based on your situation and inquire about your best options for receiving assistance. Here are the four steps:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
Can DoNotPay Help Me With Other Problems?
DoNotPay can help you deal with companies, agencies, and organizations. DoNotPay can help with the following:
- Take Advantage of Risk-Free Trials
- Apply for the Best Scholarships
- Claim Missing Money in Your Name
- File a Formal Complaint
- Schedule DMV Appointments Without the Wait
- File a Lawsuit in Small Claims Court
- Reduce Your Property Taxes
- Get Help Paying BIlls
Get rental assistance from the convenience of your web browser or phone with DoNotPay. Sign up today.