Connect With an Inmate at Reception Diagnostic Centers Easily
The is a facility in various states where inmates are held as they go through the reception and classification processes. After the multiple processes are completed, the inmate is recommended for appropriate placement depending on the level assigned to them by the classification committee.
Most reception and diagnostic centers are rated maximum security facilities. But the terms of connecting with an inmate at one of these facilities are slightly different.
Where Is the Reception Diagnostic Center Located?
There are several located across the country. The main ones are in Denver, Indiana, and Missouri. The contact information for the different reception and diagnostic centers is as follows;
|Physical Address||Denver RDC; 10900 Smith Rd, Denver, CO 80239, United States
Indiana RDC; 737 Moon Rd, Plainfield, IN 46168, United States
Eastern RDC; 2727 Hwy K, Bonne Terre, MO 63628, United States
Western RDC; 3401 Faraon St, St Joseph, MO 64506, United States
|Phone Number||Denver RDC; +1 303-371-4804
Indiana RDC; +1 317-839-7727
Eastern RDC; +1 573-358-5516
Western RDC; +1 816-387-2158
How to Contact Inmates at a Reception Diagnostic Center
using various platforms as stated by the facilities. You can contact the inmate through;
- Video calls
- Telephone calls
- Writing letters to the inmates
New inmates at the center are given a phone call within the first week and every month after that as part of the reception process. You can also visit the inmate once the visiting application process is complete and approved. However, the visit takes place behind the glass and by appointment only.
Visitation rights and other privileges vary depending on the classification of the inmates at the center.
How to Send Money and Packages to an Inmate at a Reception Diagnostic Centre
Inmates at can receive packages and mails like legal mail and publications from publishers only. The items are reviewed to determine whether they constitute a danger to safety and security and if they are obscene. It's important to know how to address an inmate's letter or the envelope containing the package. The letter should be addressed as follows;
Offenders Name, DOC #
Name of the facility
Street address/ PO Box
City, IN ZIP Code
Steps to Take Before Contacting an Inmate
Initiating communication with an inmate requires prior preparation and complete paperwork. You can follow this guide to know what to do before contacting an inmate.
- First, you should know where an inmate is located before accepting any inmate phone calls. Interstate phone calls are more expensive than calls within the state. If you're not sure about how to find an inmate, DoNotPay has a handy feature that can help you. Using our Connect with an Inmate feature, we can help you locate any inmate regardless of the Reception Diagnostic Center they are at. You can try out this feature by opening your DoNotPay account in your web browser.
- Click on the Connect with an inmate tab to start locating someone.
- Provide the inmate's name and the state they are in.
- Submit the request.
Using this feature will give you the current location of the incarcerated person within seconds. It's fast, easy and convenient.
Difficulties You May Experience Contacting Inmates at Reception Diagnostic Center
is a tedious and frustrating process. Some of the challenges you're like to face
- Limited communication
- Expensive telephone rates
- Frequent cancellation and postponement of visitations
- Highly monitored communications
Most Reception Diagnostic Centers have further tightened visitation regulations because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
DoNotPay can save you the frustration that comes with trying to get in touch with a loved one in a Reception and Diagnostic Center. You just need to follow these five simple steps;
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you with more than locating and getting in touch with inmates. Some of the other challenges that DoNotPay can help you with include:
- Signing up for services with no telephone verification
- Protecting against harassment and stalking
- Suing people and companies in small claims courts
- Blocking spam text messages
- Helping you get refunds from airlines
With DoNotPay, you can do more than learn how to write letters to the inmate. It's the first robot lawyer globally to help you solve a slew of problems.