Connect With an Inmate at Putnamville Correctional Facility
Putnamville correctional facility is a correctional institution for male offenders and was initially called the Indiana State Farm. It is a medium-security prison situated in Greencastle, Indiana. It was established in 1914, and since its establishment, the population has grown from 1650 to 2504. It is the first of the older IDOC institutions to receive environmental awards and be accredited by the American Correctional Association.
Putnamville Correctional Facility Contact Information
The Putnamville correctional facility is near Greencastle, Indiana, in Warren Township, Putnam County. This facility is located on 4350 acres of land around 3.8 miles west of US route 231 and 40 in the west-central part of the State. If you're driving to this facility, you can use Google Maps directions.
|Physical Address||Putnamville Correctional Facility
1946 West U.S. Hwy 40
Greencastle, IN 46135
|Website||Putnamville Correctional Facility’s website|
How to Contact Inmates at Putnamville Correctional Facility
You can contact your loved ones at the Putnamville correctional facility using the following methods:
You can send a mail to an offender at the Putnamville correctional facility using the following mail address:
Inmate Name and DOC Number
1946 West U.S. Hwy 40
Greencastle, IN 46135
You can visit an offender at the Putnamville correctional facility from Tuesday to Sunday, from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Visitors receive a minimum of one-hour visit and a maximum of two hours. Keep in mind that you will need to register online as a visitor.
Although you can't call a convict at the Putnamville correctional facility, the convicts can access the phones at specified times and contact you.
How to Send Money to Putnamville Correctional Facility Inmates
You can send money to a convict at the Putnamville correctional facility through the JPay money orders. The money order needs to have the inmate’s name, IDOC, convict's ID, address, and the sender’s name. The money orders can be sent through the address below:
PO Box 531399,
Miami Shores, FL 33153
How to Send Packages to Putnamville Correctional Facility Inmates
It's allowed to send packages to convicts at the Putnamville correctional facility. However, the packages need to be sent directly from verified vendors. The packages are also inspected to ensure only allowed packages enter the facility.
Steps to Take Before Calling or Writing to a Prisoner
Before writing or calling a prisoner in Putnamville correctional facility, you must locate the convict. Here is how you can conveniently find an inmate:
- Open the DoNotPay app or website and choose the Connect With an Inmate tab
- Choose Locate Someone option
- Enter the information of the offender like the state and the name of the convict
- Send the request
DoNotPay will search in the various facilities in the United States and provide you with the current location.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved One in Putnamville Correctional Facility
- You may have challenges knowing the time the inmates can use the phone.
- You might not know the regulations on addressing letters to an inmate in Putnamville correctional facility.
- Understanding the visiting regulations might be challenging.
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
Communicating with your loved ones held at the Putnamville correctional facility via phone calls can be costly, especially if it is an intrastate call.
On the other hand, writing to them can also pose a challenge, especially if you don't understand the Putnamville correctional facility regulations on how letters should be reported. Going to the post office to send the letter can also be time-consuming.
Fortunately, you can use the DoNotPay prison product feature to write to your loved ones held at Putnamville correctional facility much more conveniently using the following procedure.
- Open the DoNotPay website or application and then choose the prison product feature.
- Enter the details of the convict, such as the facility, ID, and name, using the guided steps.
- Write the message you intend to communicate to the inmate directly on the app or website.
- If you have the message already written on a document, you have an option to upload it as an attachment.
- Upload any additional attachment or image you may want to send with the letter.
- If you're not familiar with the Putnamville correctional facility regulations on writing letters, you can use one customized letter template.
- DoNotPay will print the letter for you and then send it to the inmate, and so you'll be guaranteed reception.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
It can be troubling if your loved one has been imprisoned, but you can't locate him. Finding a loved one is complicated, time-consuming, and expensive.
Fortunately, you can use the DoNotPay website or app to locate your loved one in any correctional facility in the United States. Follow the below procedure to find your loved one using the DoNotPay prison product feature:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive for your loved one.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
On top of writing to convicts at the Putnamville correctional facility, DoNotPay can also help you in:
- Applying for clinical trials
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
DoNotPay is the new, effective and convenient tool to use if you want to connect with an inmate at Putnamville Correctional Facility.