How to Connect With an Inmate at Mansfield Correctional Institution
or MANCI is a level five mixed-custody state prison with approximately 2,680 inmates in close custody units and the minimum security camp. It was established in 1990 in Mansfield, Ohio, and is now operated by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections.
Inmates at MANCI benefit from the prison industries program that offers them work in a box factory, a computer data entry operation, and a YUSA shop that deflates and cleans parts Honda uses. Other inmates in the minimum security camp can train dogs and prepare them for adoption.
The institution also provides vocational training for skills in carpentry, machine operator, masonry, tailoring, plumbing, welding, machine setting, HVAC, landscaping, and horticulture. There are also educational courses like basic literacy for adults and a GED program.
Mansfield Correctional Institution Contact Information
is located at 1150 North Main Street in Mansfield, Richland County, Ohio. It sits on the property adjacent to the historic Ohio State Reformatory, making it easy to locate and access.
Warden: Tom Schweitzer
Here's the contact information of the institution:
|Physical Address||44901, 1150 N Main St.
Mansfield, OH 44905
|Phone Number||(419) 525-4455|
How to Contact an Inmate at Mansfield Correctional Institution
MANCI allows inmates to communicate with their loved ones through:
- Video visitation
- Phone Calls
- In-Person Visitation
Mansfield Correctional Institution has strict policies on sending letters to inmates, according to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections (ODRC). Ensure that you contact the institution or visit the ODRC website to know all the rules.
Address the letter correctly, including the inmate's name and ID number. Use the following address.
Inmate Name, ID Number
Mansfield Correctional Institution
PO Box 788
Mansfield, Ohio 44901
Mansfield Correctional Institution partners with JPay to provide video visitations to offenders in the general population. If you want to visit your loved one through the video visitation kiosk, you must first submit an application, wait for processing, and receive approval from the institution.
Once approved, you can request a visitation through JPay at least 24 hours in advance. Each video visitation lasts for 30 minutes, but you can request a 30 minutes extension if there's no booking on the kiosk after your call.
Video visits are scheduled for Saturday and Sunday from 7:30 am to 10:30 am, 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm and 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
Suppose your loved one incarcerated at Mansfield Correctional Institution would like to contact you on the phone. In that case, they will submit your phone number, and you will receive an automated call from Global Tel Link, the Ohio inmate phone services provider. This call will ask if you would like to receive calls from the inmate so that your number can be added to the CALL ALLOW list.
Inmates can make phone calls to the approved numbers through different call options such as:
- Standard Collect Call
- Prepaid Collect Call through Global Tel Link
- Pin Debit
- Offender Commissary through JPay
All visitations at Mansfield Correctional Institution must be by reservation only and are limited to one reservation per day. Go to the ODRC visitation page and fill in the application form. You can send it via email, fax, mail, or drop it at the institution. You'll be notified once the application is approved.
You can also request visitation through the institution's telephone at 419-525-4455. Or send the application by mail to the following address.
Mansfield Correctional Camp (Visit Office)
PO Box 788
Mansfield, Ohio 44901
Before you are allowed into the institution, you must:
- Show photo identification
- Go through a thorough search at the gate
- Successfully pass through a metal detector
- Dress decently as per the visitation rules
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones at Mansfield Correctional Institution via DoNotPay
DoNotPay is your quickest way to locate an inmate at Mansfield Correctional institution and get in touch with them. DoNotPay has a Connect with an Inmate product that makes it easy to send and receive letters from an inmate.
All you have to do is write or upload your message through DoNotPay, and we'll make sure it gets delivered. The process is as follows:
- Open the DoNotPay prison product.
- We'll walk you through the required steps like adding the inmate's name, ID, and facility.
- Write your message through our app/website or upload your own attachments.
- Upload any photos or images you want to attach to the letter.
- Choose from one of our customized letter templates.
- DoNotPay will instantly print and send the letter upon completion, so it's guaranteed to be received as soon as possible.
To make this experience as personalized as possible, we offer various letter templates the user can choose from and special edition letters for the holidays.
Once the inmate replies to your letter, DoNotPay will digitize it and send the content to you. That's it.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Finding your loved one in a correctional institution and communicating with them can be frustrating, especially because of the bureaucracy imposed on every stage. However, DoNotPay can teach you how to write a letter, how to address a letter to an inmate, and even answer your questions on inmate visitation.
Check out DoNotPay's Connect with an Inmate product page to get the information you need and get started.