Connecting With Inmates At Kirkland Reception And Evaluation Center Made Easy
Inmates located at may only be at the facility temporarily. That is because the facility serves as the intake and assessment facility for the entire state of South Carolina. The facility is said to process 15,000 inmates yearly.
This article discusses how to determine if the inmate you wish to connect with is at the facility and how to connect with inmates in South Carolina. One option that is discussed, the Connect with An Inmate product from DoNotPay, promises to let you connect with an inmate quickly, easily, and successfully.
Check out these other product series from DoNotPay as well.
- Missing Money
- Customer Service
- Parking Tickets
- Spam Collector
- Credit Cards
- Robocall Compensation
- Help With Bills
- Text Spam
Where Is Kirkland Reception And Evaluation Center Located?
The Kirkland Reception and Evaluation Center is located in Columbia, South Carolina. Though it is located in the far southern portion of the state, all male inmates sentenced in South Carolina must be processed at the facility. In addition to reception and evaluation processing, the facility serves as the state's maximum-security facility, housing the state's most dangerous and violent offenders. The inmates that have been sentenced to the death penalty are housed at the facility as well. A summary is as follows, with more details below:
|Physical Address||Phone||Visitation Hours|
4344 Broad River Road
Columbia, South Carolina 29210
|(803) 896-1521||Once approved, visitors are allowed Monday through Friday from 12:00 PM until 2:00 PM by appointment only.|
Connecting With Inmates At Kirkland Reception And Evaluation Center By Yourself
Before you can connect with an inmate, you must determine which facility they are located at.
- Go to the South Carolina offender search website.
- Enter the offender's first and last name.
- If the offender is located at a state facility, the website will tell you which one and the offender's inmate ID number.
- If the location cannot be found, you will need to check the federal offender search website.
- If still not found, you will need to search for the local city or county jail inmate listings.
Inmates at the facility are allowed to make prepaid or collect calls but not receive them. To set up a prepaid account, you can go online to the GTL Connect Network website or call either 1(800)483-8314 or 1(866)230-7761. All calls are monitored and recorded.
All mail is opened and inspected and is subject to being read in an effort to keep contraband out of the facility. Inmates not housed in the Restricted Housing Unit (RHU) can receive 4x6 photos. The photos cannot include nudity or illegal activities and they must not be Polaroid or instant photos. Not inmates are allowed to receive stationery, stamps, food, cash, or other items by mail.
How to Properly Address a Letter to an Inmate:
Inmate Name, Inmate ID Number
Kirkland Reception, and Evaluation Center
4344 Broad River Road
Columbia, SC 29210
Offenders must be at the facility for 30 days to be considered for visitation. Those who wish to visit will need to submit an application. Once approved, visitors are allowed Monday through Friday from 12:00 PM until 2:00 PM by appointment only.
Sending Money To An Inmate
- Walk-in: Deposits can be made at any MoneyGram location for a flat fee of $4.95.
- Online: Visit the JPay website, fees are determined by the amount being sent.
- By Phone: Call JPay at 1(800)574-5729, fees will be determined by the amount being sent.
- By Mail: Go online to print a deposit slip, send along with a money order purchased from the US Postal Service. Money orders should be payable to JPay with the offender's name and ID number listed on the memo line. Send to JPay, PO Box 260177 Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
Let DoNotPay Connect With An Inmate On Your Behalf
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Successfully Locate Inmates At Any Facility
This product makes finding the location of an inmate as easy as entering a name and the state where they are incarcerated. The product searches state facilities, federal facilities, even city and county jails. No need to search multiple websites for information. DoNotPay handles the search for you quickly, easily, and successfully. Check out some of the other articles in the Connect With An Inmate product series.
- Write A Prisoner
- Writing Letters To Inmates
- Prison Pen Pals
- How To Address A Letter To An Inmate
- Inmate Visitation
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
With so many products intended to save you time and money, the possibilities are endless. Check out the other product series from DoNotPay and find even more ways to save.
- How To Cancel
- Small Claims Court
- Stalking and Harassment
- Clinical Trials
- Traffic Tickets
- DMV Appointments
- Chargebacks And Refunds
- Copyright Protection
- Speeding Tickets
- Airline Flight Compensation
- Free Trials
- Burner Phones