Making an Inmate Connection at Greenville Federal Correctional Institute
This facility's website says inmates who maintain a connection with friends and family while incarcerated are far less likely to return after their release. If you know an inmate at , stay connected and be more likely to succeed when they are released. If that is not a reason to stay connected, I do not know what it is. Keep reading to find out the facility's acceptable methods of communication. Once you know how to connect with an inmate at Greenville Federal Correctional Institute, then find out how you can connect with an inmate quickly, easily, and successfully. Not only at this facility but any facility nationwide. Here are some of the other product series that DoNotPay has to offer.
- Stalking and Harassment
- Free Trials
- Customer Service
- How To Cancel
- Credit Cards
- Clinical Trials
- Burner Phones
- Missing Money
Where Is Greenville Federal Correctional Institute Located?
Located in Greenville, IL, the is a five-hour drive from Chicago, in northern Illinois. It's only an hour's drive from Saint Louis, MO, because Greenville is in southern Illinois. The facility, also known as FCI Greenville, opened in 1994. It has two central housing units containing a combined 1,500 beds. It generally houses around 1,000 medium security male offenders.
|Physical Address||FCI Greenville 100 US Highway 40 Greenville, IL 62246|
|Phone Number||(618) 664-6200|
FCI Greenville Federal Correctional Institute Satellite Camp
The FCI Greenville Satellite Camp is located at the same address. The camp houses around 200 female minimum-security inmates. Due to overcrowding at the north-central United States facility in 2000, the lowest level security inmates were moved to the camp. They can take part in a wide variety of educational and vocational programs. They can also work for a monthly allowance with the male offenders.
- Address: FCI Greenville Satellite Camp 100 US Highway 40 Greenville, IL 62246
- Email: gre/execASSISTANT@BOP.gov
- Phone: (618)664-6200
Contacting Inmates at FCI Greenville
Before you can connect with the inmate, you will need to know where they are located.
- You will need to go to the federal inmate search website for inmates in federal facilities.
- Enter the offender's first and last name or inmate registration number.
- The site will inform you of the last known location for the offender if they are in a federal facility.
- For offenders in a state facility, you will have to search for the state's offender list.
- For county and city jails, you will need to locate the offender search site for that county or city.
Offenders cannot get phone calls, but they can make them if their status is not restricted and they have phone time available. Inmates can get phone time in the commissary with their spending account. You can purchase time for an inmate through Global Tel Link (GTL)- Connect Network.
All mail is opened, inspected, and read before being delivered to the inmate. Inmates are not able to receive money deposits by mail. They are also not allowed to receive stamps, paper, or envelopes not purchased in the commissary.
Inmate Mail: Inmate name, number, FCI Greenville, Federal Correctional Institute PO Box 5000 Greenville, IL 62246
Camp Inmate Mail: Inmate name, number, FCI Greenville, Federal Correctional Institute Satellite Camp PO Box 6000 Greenville, IL 62246
Visitors are now finally being allowed in for a visit again. Inmates can have two adult visitors per visit, and they have a strict no-contact policy. If contact is made, the visit is to be terminated immediately. All visitors will be searched and pass through a metal detector, and cars are subject to being searched if needed. Visiting hours are divided by housing divisions. Each visit can be up to two hours.
- 7:30 AM until 9:30 AM - Dorm 1 A and B
- 10:30 AM until 12:30 PM - Dorm 1 C and D
- 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM - Dorm 2 A
- 7:30 AM until 9:30 AM - Dorm 2 B
- 10:30 until 12:30 - Dorm 2 C
- 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM - Dorm 2 D
- 8:30 AM until 10:30 - Camp Inmate Visitation
- 11:30 AM until 1:30 PM - Camp Inmate Visitation
Inmates can receive emails of up to two pages of text only. All communications are monitored just like regular mail and phone calls.
When depositing money for an inmate at any federal facility, you can do so digitally using MoneyGram or Western Union. If you want to deposit by mail, you will purchase a US Postal Service Money Order. It should be addressed as follows.
Money Deposits By Mail: Federal Bureau Of Prisons, inmate name, Inmate number, PO Box 474701 Des Moines, Iowa 50947
Using DoNotPay to Connect With an Inmate
The Connect With An Inmate product works three ways. First, by locating the inmate’s facility, then by communicating with the inmate as quickly as sending an email.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you to and easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive for your loved one!
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Connect With an Inmate at FCI Greenville
You should let DoNotPay Connect With An Inmate on your behalf because you do not have time to waste searching facilities and websites. Even if you do have time, it is boring, and you are sure to be able to find a better way to spend that time. When you use DoNotPay, you can Connect With An Inmate quickly, easily, and successfully. Here are some more articles from the Connect With An Inmate product series.
- Writing Letters To Inmates
- Inmate Visitation
- Prison Pen Pals
- Write A Prisoner
- How To Address A Letter To An Inmate
The Connect With an Inmate Product Works at Every Facility Nationwide
The Connect With An Inmate product works for any facility nationwide. Federal facilities, state correctional centers, even local city and county jails. Do not spend hours trying to determine where the inmate is even located. Let DoNotPay Connect With An Inmate on your behalf quickly, easily, and successfully.
Here Is Some More Stuff DoNotPay Can Do on Your Behalf
This product is just one of many products that DoNotPay has developed to save you time and money. Check out the other product series and see how many more ways you can find to save.
- Spam Collector
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Parking Tickets
- Help with Bills
- Text Spam
- Copyright Protection
- Traffic Tickets
- Robocall Compensation
- Small Claims Court
- Airline Flight Compensation
- DMV Appointments