How to Get Your Deep Creek Lake Fishing License the Easy Way
Boasting over 3,900 acres and 65 miles of shoreline, Deep Creek Lake is every fisherman's hub. From smallmouth to largemouth bass, to chain pickerel, and the bluegill if you're lucky enough. As any avid Deep Creek Lake fisher would know, these are some of the most common fish found at the lake.
While the magnificent lake is stocked all year round, you need a fishing license to fish in its waters. This is a regulatory mechanism to protect the fish population. Don't let the hassle of applying for a fishing license prevent you from enjoying a fun hunt in the breathtaking Deep Creek Lake waters. DoNotPay can help you get your Deep Creek Lake fishing license within minutes.
Who Is Eligible for a Deep Creek Lake Fishing License?
To get a Deep Creek Lake fishing license, you need to be above 16 years old. Both residents and non-residents of Maryland are eligible to get a fishing license. The only difference is the cost.
Those exempt from obtaining a fishing license to fish in Deep Creek lake include:
- Children under 16 years
- Fishing on a free-fishing day
- Individuals in possession of a valid commercial tidal fish license
- Individuals in possession of a Potomac River Fisheries Commission recreational fishing license
- Registered anglers with the State of Maryland
- Individuals fishing from a licensed commercial fishing pier
- Individuals fishing from a licensed charter boat
- Residents of Maryland District on active duty with the armed forces or on official leave
What Are the Different Types of Fishing Licenses at Deep Creek Lake?
There are 5 different types of fishing licenses available in the District of Maryland for those who would like to fish at Deep Creek Lake. The licenses include:
1. Tidal Fishing License
This incense allows you to fish for any species of shellfish or finfish in saltwater lakes.
2. Non-Tidal Fishing License
This is a license that allows you to fish for species of char, trout, and steelhead species in freshwater bodies i.e., lakes, streams, rivers.
3. Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport License
The license grants access to all aboard sport water vessels to fish in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries.
Both residents and non-residents of Maryland can use this license to fish in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, and the state waters of the Atlantic Ocean, and the Atlantic coastal bays and tributaries for 7 consecutive fishing days.
4. Senior Consolidated Fishing License
Only senior residents of Maryland, 65 years and above, can use this license. The license allows access to fishing in the fresh waters of Maryland, the Chesapeake Bay, and its tributaries for a period of one year from the date of purchase. The fishing license is available at a reduced rate.
5. Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sports Charter Boat License
This license allows individuals boarding chartered vessels operated by MD licensed fishing guides to fish in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries and the state waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the Atlantic coastal bays and tributaries in place of individual licenses. Charter boats carrying 6 passengers or less and those that carry more than 6 passengers have separate licenses.
What Is the Cost of Getting a Deep Creek Lake Fishing License?
Every fishing license has a different rate.
The table below illustrates a breakdown of the license fees.
|TYPE OF LICENSE||RESIDENT RATE||NON-RESIDENT RATE|
|Non-Tidal License (annual)||$20.50||$30.50|
|Non-Tidal License (7-day)||$7.50||Equal fee charged to a Maryland resident for a similar license by non-resident's home state.|
|Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport License (annual)||$15.00||$22.50|
|Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport License (7-day)||$6.00||$12.00|
|Senior Consolidated Fishing License (annual)||$5.00||Not Available|
|Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sports Charter Boat License||$240- up to 6 passengers||$290- more than 6 passengers|
How to Get a Deep Creek Lake Fishing License on Your Own
There are three different ways to apply for a Deep Creek fishing license. These include:
- Online Application. Apply for your Deep Creek Lake fishing license online via the Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) website. Create an account with COMPASS by filling out your personal information i.e., Name, date of birth, and social security number (for US citizens) and then create a password. Use your credentials to login to purchase a fishing license and make the payment via debit/credit card. You'll have an option to print the license or obtain a DNR ID card.
- In-Person Application. Visit any Maryland DNR office or license agent's office to obtain a fishing license. There are over 250 sports license agents across the state. Click here to find the nearest agent to your location. Fill out the license application form and make the payment.
- Application via Mail. Apply and order your Deep Creek Lake fishing license via mail. Visit the DNR forms website and fill out the form digitally. Once you've filled out the forms, download the fishing license application forms, attach a payment receipt, and mail them to the closest Maryland DNR service center. Note that cash payments sent via mail are highly discouraged.
How to Get a Deep Creek Lake Fishing License With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to get your fishing license but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
1. Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
2. Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
3. Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get a Deep Creek Lake Fishing License
DoNotPay eliminates lengthy wait times by helping you apply for your Deep Creek Lake fishing license within minutes and from the comfort of your home. In addition, DoNotPay works with all service groups, companies, and entities to provide you with access to all documentation within a single platform. Sign up today to enjoy convenience at your fingertips.