The Fastest Way to Get a Cobb County Marriage Certificate
When you're ready to assume your spouse's last name, change your last name back to your maiden name after a divorce, apply for a passport, or get a home mortgage loan, you'll need a copy of your . This document is typically issued to married couples shortly after their weddings.
However, much like all other records, they can easily be lost or damaged. Sadly, requesting a copy of your marriage certificate in Cobb County can be a real pain.
As the world's first AI-driven robot attorney, DoNotPay is designed to make submitting records requests a breeze. With DoNotPay, you can get your Cobb County marriage certificate fast. DoNotPay makes this process a seamless and easy one. In fact, you can even use DoNotPay to have your new copy of your marriage certificate notarized.
What's the Difference Between a Cobb County Marriage Certificate and a Marriage License?
There's a big difference between a and a Cobb County marriage license. If you need a Cobb marriage license, you and your significant other will have to apply for this document together. To get a Cobb County marriage license, the two of you must provide:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of legal age
- A Certificate of Completion for a Qualified Premarital Education Program
A marriage license is a document obtained from the Cobb County court system that allows Georgia couples to legally wed. Once a couple gets married, they'll return their signed marriage license and receive a marriage certificate in turn. Ultimately, a marriage license allows you to get married and a marriage certificate proves that you have.
Who Can Request a Copy of a Cobb County Marriage Certificate?
Anyone can request copies of Cobb County marriage certificates. Unlike many other records, certificates of marriage are deemed a public record. You simply need to have the names of the parties listed on the certificate and the year of their marriage. You will also need to pay the related records request fee.
How Much Does a Copy of a Cobb County Marriage Certificate Cost?
It costs just $10 to request a copy of a Cobb County marriage certificate. This fee is non-refundable and can be paid by cash, debit card, credit card, check, or money order. If you choose to use a debit or credit card to remit this payment, you will be assessed an additional processing fee of $2.50.
How Long Does It Take for the Cobb County Clerk to Process a Marriage Certificate Request?
It takes 10 to 14 days for Cobb County to process mailed requests for marriage certificates. However, if you opt to apply for a copy of your marriage certificate online, processing times may be faster. Be sure to account for an additional five to 10 days of the shipping time as all copies are sent by regular mail.
What Documents Do I Need to Request a Copy of My Marriage Certificate in Cobb County, Georgia?
There are no special marriage certificate documents for requesting these records in Cobb County. You simply need to submit your own hand-written or printed request when mailing your application in. This request should include:
- The full names of both parties
- The date of their wedding ceremony
- Your full name
- The address where you want the certified copy mailed
How to Request a Cobb County Marriage Certificate on Your Own
There are two ways to request a marriage certificate in Cobb County, Georgia. You can submit your request by mail or you can request a marriage certificate online. To submit a mailed request, simply write a quick letter stating the names of the individuals on the certificate and the date of their marriage. Be sure to state where you want your copy mailed and your name. Before sending this off, include a check, money order, or cash payment in the amount of $10.
How to Request Your Cobb County Marriage Certificate Online
To request a Cobb County marriage certificate online, visit the website for the License Division of the Cobb County Probate Court. Then:
- Complete the online document request form.
- Select the record type you're requesting.
- Use the linked LexisNexis Vital Check payment platform to submit the required fees.
Contact Information for the Cobb County Probate Court
The best way to get in touch with the Cobb County Probate Court if you have questions about how to fill out a marriage certificate request is by phone or email. If you want to submit your request for a copy of a Cobb County marriage certificate by mail, you can use the address below.
|Mailing Address||Cobb County Probate Court - License Division
32 Waddell St.
Marietta, GA 30060
|Phone Number||(770) 528-1900|
|Send an email|
Get Your Cobb County Marriage Certificate Fast With DoNotPay
Processing documents such as a marriage certificate can be time-consuming and exasperating. DoNotPay can take care of all the legwork so you can get the said document in no time.
If you want to Order/Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Cobb County, Georgia but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Request a Copy of Your Cobb County Marriage Certificate?
There's no easier way to get a copy of your Cobb County marriage certificate than by using DoNotPay. With DoNotPay, you can bypass long lines at the County Clerk's office and avoid the hassle of using the Cobb County Probate Court online ordering system. With DoNotPay, this process is quick, simple, straightforward, and successful!
Take Advantage of These Other Services DoNotPay Provides
DoNotPay can help you solve a number of your most frustrating problems. You can also use the friendly robot lawyer to find valuable opportunities, save cash, get help, and more. When you sign up for DoNotPay you can:
- Draft and submit defamation demand letters
- Access and complete a child travel consent form
- Submit item return requests
- Instantly initiate refund requests or chargebacks
- Can unwanted subscriptions and memberships
to get started!