How to Cancel Grindr Subscription the Easiest Way Possible
Since it launched in 2009, Grindr has become the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bisexual, queer, and trans individuals. The app counts over three million daily users in more than 200 countries around the globe.
The basic app is free and doesn’t require a subscription; the upgraded version called Grindr XTRA will set you back $29.99 a month.
How to Cancel Grindr XTRA on Your Own
Grindr states that you can cancel your premium services at any moment, according to the rules stipulated in its terms of service. There are no cancelation fees.
You can cancel in the following ways:
|Can you cancel with||Yes / No|
|Google Play Store||
Cancel Grindr via iOS Device
Here’s how you can cancel your Grindr XTRA subscription in the App Store on your iPhone or iPad:
- Go to your iOS device’s Settings
- Tap App Store
- At the bottom of the page, select your Apple ID
- Go to View Apple ID and sign in if required
- Under Subscriptions, hit Manage
- Select the Grindr XTRA subscription
- Switch off Automatic Renewal to cancel your subscription
Cancel Grindr via Android
You can easily cancel your Grindr XTRA subscription from your Google Play store. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Play Store app on your home screen
- Choose Account
- Tap Subscriptions
- Select the option to cancel your subscription from here
DoNotPay Cancels Your Grindr XTRA Subscription so You Don’t Have to
Perhaps you need a break from the world of dating, or you’ve already met somebody you’re utterly smitten with. As you enjoy your absence from the dating scene, we can take care of your Grindr XTRA cancelation for you.
Here’s how you can pass this task on to DoNotPay:
- Open the app in any web browser
- Find the Find Hidden Money option
- Type in Grindr as the service that needs to be canceled
Once your Grindr XTRA subscription cancelation comes into effect, we will notify you immediately.
You can also let us look at your other unused or inactive subscriptions by linking your email or bank account to our app. We’ll identify those that you should cancel at your earliest convenience and save a decent sum of money.
The Best Grindr Alternatives
If you’re not quite happy with your Grindr experience, try your dating luck with these two alternatives:
Does Grindr Offer a Free Trial?
Grindr’s basic version is free but peppered with ads. If you’d like to upgrade to an ad-free version that offers some other bonus features, you can switch to Grindr XTRA and try it out seven days for free. You’re eligible for one free trial of the app’s premium version per your Apple ID or Google account.
If you don’t intend to use Grindr XTRA, Grindr recommends canceling the trial at least 72 hours before it expires to dodge any unwanted fees from iTunes or Google Play. The free trial will automatically renew into a subscription fee unless you cancel beforehand.
Does Grindr Prorate its Cancelations?
No, all payments that you made to the app are final, and all charges are nonrefundable.
Will Grindr Let Me Pause My Subscription?
No, there is no possibility to pause your Grindr subscription.
DoNotPay Cuts Down Your Subscription-Related Costs
When you link it to your bank or email account, our app runs through your subscriptions and membership costs. When we find those that you're infrequently using if at all, yet are paying for regularly, we’ll:
- Point those out to you
- Propose that you get rid of them
- Offer to do the cancelation on your behalf
Our App Steps In Whenever You Need
Whether you’re struggling with cash, a chronic lack of time, or the know-how that would allow you to complete a task or solve a problem, the chances are that DoNotPay will be able to help you. Our app’s strongest suit is automating otherwise lengthy and tedious processes in order to fix the issue for you.
You can access DoNotPay from any web browser and get assistance with:
- Contesting traffic tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Tracking down scammers behind robocalls
- Dealing with credit card problems
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Disputing parking tickets
- Scheduling a DMV appointment quickly
- Getting rid of spam mail
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Securing refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting refunds from companies
- Holding the line when calling customer service