Dispute a Broward County Parking Ticket
Disputing a parking ticket in Broward County can be a lengthy process - let DoNotPay help! We’ve helped fight 160,000 parking tickets from all over the world!
This article will cover the different ways you can pay and appeal your Broward County parking ticket the conventional way, how the hearing and court process works, and how can help you dispute any of your parking tickets in record time.
Do I Have to Pay a Ticket from Broward County?
You are obligated to take action on a parking ticket received from a city, institution, or private parking company. Broward County is particularly strict, and requires you to take action on your ticket within 10 days of ticket issuance. These actions can be:
- Pay (detailed in the chart immediately below)
- Appeal (detailed in the section further below)
If you choose to ignore your tickets, or do not take action within the required period, your fines can increase or you can face other penalties. Most often, your fine will increase every couple weeks.
How to Pay or Appeal your Parking Ticket
|Online Fine Payment
This option is available if your citation appears in the system within 10 days. If it does not show up, you are still responsible for paying the fee within 10 days of the ticket issuance.
|Pay by Mail:
DO NOT MAIL CASH
|Clerk of Courts Parking Division
P.O. Box 14610,
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33302-4610
Mailing envelopes are included in your ticket citation.
|Pay in Person:
check, money order or cash
|You can pay in person at any of these locations:
201 SE 6th Street Fort Lauderdale FL 33301
1600 West Hillsboro Boulevard Deerfield Beach FL 33442
3550 Hollywood Boulevard Hollywood FL 33021
100 North Pine Island Road Plantation FL 33324
How to Appeal your Broward County Parking Ticket
- If you choose to appeal your ticket, you must file your request for an appeal hearing within ten days of ticket issuance.
Requests can be submitted in person, or by mail to:
Brenda D. Forman, Clerk of Courts P. O. Box 14610 Fort Lauderdale FL 33302-4610
- You will then receive a notice in the mail informing you of your hearing date. If you need to reschedule this date, you must complete an Affidavit of Defense Form. These are available for purchase for $1.55 USD from the Clerk of Court directly, or online via their website. This must be returned before your original hearing date.
- You must then attend your hearing on time, prepared with any additional evidence you wish to present.
- If you think there has been an issue in your hearing, and you have a further legal case to make, you can file an additional case with the Circuit Civil Court by filing a writ of certiorari with them. You must file this 30 days within your hearing date.
What Happens If I Don’t Pay My Ticket?
If you don’t pay or appeal your ticket, you will be subject to the following:
- Vehicle will be tagged
- DMV registration blocks
- Case sent to collections
That’s why it’s important to take charge, especially if the ticket was wrongfully issued. Feel free to use this article as a guide on how to pay/appeal yourself, or read below to see how you can use DoNotPay!
How to Use DoNotPay to Fight Your Parking Tickets
Our robot lawyer has a great track record of getting parking tickets overturned, and can make the process much more accessible. Follow these three easy steps, and never get frustrated trying to deal with a parking ticket ever again:
- Go to and log-in
- Fill out some information about your ticket and provide a statement
- Upload some photo proof and choose whether you want us to mail the appeal for you
- Get your appeal letter mailed or available for download! A state traffic code relevant to your case will also be included
Sit back and wait for the results! It’s really that easy, and it’s always worth it to try your best to appeal!
What Else Can I Do on DoNotPay?
Modern adult lives are busy and every different little task can get really overwhelming. is here to try and make your life easier, and get more things off your plate. Check out our list below of different services we offer and let us help you out!
- Fight Workplace Discrimination
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Free Raffle Tickets
- Neighborhood Complaints
- Sex Offender Searches