How to Connect with an Inmate at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility
Bedford Hills Correctional Facility serves Westchester County, New York, is a maximum security level facility, and is the largest facility for women in the state of New York. Previously operating under the name Westfield State Farm in 1901, the prison nursery was established at that time, and is the longest operating prison nursery in the United States. Bedford Hills is considered a model for family-centered programs in prisons. If you have a loved one who is incarcerated at , DoNotPay can help you through the process of connecting with them quickly and easily.
Bedford Hills Correctional Facility Contact Information
To contact Bedford Hills Correctional Facility or learn more about their programs:
|Bedford Hills Correctional Facility||(914) 241-3100||247 Harris Road
Bedford Hills, NY 10507-2400
|Bedford Hills Correctional Facility|
Bedford Hills Correctional Facility Visitation Information
The New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervisions list their current visitation information as going into effect on 12/16/2021.
Days and Hours
Bedford Hills inmate visitation is allowed daily, including weekends.
Weekday Hours - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm, with the latest arrival allowed being 3:00 pm.
Weekends/Holiday Hours - 8:30 am to 3:30 pm with the latest arrival allowed being 3:00 pm.
There are several important considerations to keep in mind when scheduling visits with an inmate at Bedford Hills.
- Individuals incarcerated in the Special Housing Unit (SHU) are permitted one non-legal visit in a seven-day period.
- Weekend visits are scheduled in segments, alphabetically by the inmates' last names.
- General confinement inmates can have unlimited visits (except the previously mentioned SHU inmates) on weekdays.
- Initial reception incarcerated individuals that have been in the facility for at least 30 days have an unlimited number of visits on weekdays.
- Reception status inmates who have been at Bedford Hills for less than thirty days are limited to the approved weekend visits scheduled only.
- There is no limit to the number of separate visits on a scheduled weekend visitation day.
- Visitors per visit are limited to three visitors and one child under the age of five, and the child must sit on an adult's lap.
- Overcrowding will be addressed by requesting voluntary terminations, or the "first in, first terminated" policy will take place to allow room for new visitors.
- If visitors are traveling long distances, especially with young children, they may receive special consideration if the visiting room reaches capacity, but this is at the discretion of the watch commander or highest-ranking official in the facility at the time.
Sending Letters and Packages to Inmates at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility
Writing letters to inmates and sending packages is encouraged. However, it is your responsibility to make sure you do it properly, and do not send anything that is not allowed, because it will be disposed of or returned at the inmate's expense.
To send mail to an inmate, you must:
- Write your return address in the top left corner of the envelope
- Clearly address the letter to the inmate with their name, Department Identification Number (DIN)
- Include no more than 5 pages of printed or photocopied material
- DO NOT INCLUDE nude photographs, Polaroid photos, postage stamps, letters from other people (except children), contraband
Any mail sent to an inmate will be opened and inspected. Any money/checks/money orders should be credited to the incarcerated individual's account.
In general, inmates can receive packages during visits or by mail, but each facility has different policies and procedures. You are responsible for verifying what is allowed--including how many packages Bedford Hills Correctional Facility allows an inmate to receive each month, what items are allowable, and if there is a weight limit.
Inmate Mailing Address
Inmate Name, ID Number
Bedford Hills Correctional Facility
247 Harris Road
Bedford Hills, New York 10507-2400
DoNotPay Can Help You Connect with Loved Ones at Bedford Hill Correctional Facility
If you want to connect with a friend or family member who is in , but feel the process is overwhelming, DoNotPay can make sure you get in touch without violating any policies.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Our process is fast, easy and successful. We help you quickly connect with loved ones and save you time and stress. in the process.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do Today?
DoNotPay can do more than just connect you with loved ones in or other prisons. We can also help you:
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Get your refund for a delayed or canceled flight
- Negotiate bills
- Contest parking tickets
- ... and more!
Whatever your problem or concern, DoNotPay has a solution.