How to Get Azure Free Trial Securely With a Virtual Credit Card
Microsoft Azure is a public cloud computing program from Microsoft offering a range of cloud services, including analytics, computing, networking, and storage. To check whether Azure best fits your computing and budget requirements, you can try an account before subscribing to the paid plan.
However, it is very unlikely that Microsoft Azure will provide a free trial account without asking you to provide your credit card/payment details. Luckily, you can use DoNotPay to get the Azure free trial without providing your card details. Not sure how to do it? Read on as we dig deeper.
Does Azure Offer a Free Trial?
Yes. When you sign up for an account, you get $200 credit to spend the first 30 days after you sign up. You also receive free monthly offers for two types of services:
- Popular services - free for 12 months,
- Over 40 other services are free for a lifetime.
Throughout the 12-month duration of using free services, you will receive periodic email communications with tips, tricks, training, best practices, and offers from Azure.
How Can I Get an Azure Free Trial?
When registering for an account, ensure you have a credit card, phone number, and email address. Here are the steps to follow when registering:
- Visit the Azure Home Page, click on "Free Azure Account" on the top right corner, and click on "Start Free."
- Sign in or sign-up for a Microsoft account using your email address and password. Then, click on "Sign In."
- Enter your country/region and date of birth, then click next
- Key in the verification code sent to your email and click next.
- Type the captcha that appears on your screen and click "Next"
- You will be redirected to the Azure sign-up page. Key in your name, phone number, email, and region. Ensure you use the same email address for your Microsoft account and Azure sign-up.
- Verify your phone number by clicking "Call Me" or "Text Me" and key in the verification code you receive.
- Enter your payment details. Ensure you have an American Express, Master Card, or Visa Credit card, and don't forget to enable international payments.
- Keenly read through the terms and conditions and click "Sign up."
That's it. You have successfully created a free Microsoft account and awarded $200. Once you exhaust your free credits, you will have to subscribe to the "Pay as you go" plan.
Does Azure Free Trial Automatically Renew Into a Paid Subscription?
Yes. Once your free trial expires, your subscription will automatically shift to the pay-as-you-go subscription. It's therefore essential to cancel your free trial 24 hours earlier before the renewal to avoid being charged.
Fortunately, Azure offers a full refund if you cancel your subscription within 72 hours after purchase. Refunds are, however, not available for subscriptions canceled after 72 hours nor issued for variable charges.
Avoid Automatic Renewal With DoNotPay Virtual Credit Card
Losing track of all your subscriptions can be a nightmare. This could result in unnecessary charges at the end of the month, which will significantly eat into your budget. To avoid wasting money on unwanted charges, you can use DoNotPay Virtual Credit Card to create an unlimited number of virtual credit cards with random numbers. You can then use these cards to sign up for Microsoft Azure free trial without being charged. Here is how DoNotPay Virtual Credit Card will help protect you against extra charges:
- DoNotPay generates a random number and credit card info that you can use to subscribe to any service
- Once the free trial expires, the service can't charge you because there's no money on that card, so you get unsubscribed automatically.
The Cost of Azure Subscriptions
Azure costs start at $13 per month for the pay-as-you-go usage model, but they get higher depending on the services you use. Azure offers a wide range of services, from computing, networking, and storage to advanced analytics.
All these services have different prices depending on their use. Therefore, if you require a complex configuration of resources, expect to fork out more money. To help you know how much you are likely to incur depending on the services you use, a Microsoft Azure calculator is available on the Azure website.
How Will Azure Charges Appear on My Statement?
Microsoft Azure charges will be visible on your credit card statement. Here is how they will appear on your statement:
|CHKCARD MICROSOFT TECH SUPPORT 800-936-3500, WA|
|CHECKCARD DRI*MICROSOFT HUP http://supporMN|
|CHKCARDDRI*MICROSOFT HUP http://supporMN|
|PENDING MICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA|
|Misc. Debit MICROSOFT TECH SUPPORT 800-936-3500, WA|
|CHECKCARD MICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA|
|Misc. Debit MICROSOFT.COM REDMOND WA|
|PRE-AUTH MICROSOFT.COM REDMOND WA|
|POS PURCH MICROSOFT.COM REDMOND WA|
|POS REFUND MICROSOFT.COM REDMOND WA|
|Visa Check Card MICROSOFT.COM REDMOND WA MC|
|POS REFUND MICROSOFT.COM REDMOND WA|
|POS PURCHASE MICROSOFT.COM REDMOND WA|
|POS PUR MICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA|
|PENDING MICROSOFT.COM REDMOND WA|
|Visa Check Card MICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA MC|
|POS PURCHASE MICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA|
|CHKCARDMICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA|
|Misc. Debit MICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA|
|POS Debit MICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA|
|POS REFUND MICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA|
|CHKCARD MICROSOFT.COM REDMOND WA|
|CHKCARD MICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA|
|POS PURCH MICROSOFT.COM 8007595474 WA|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you with almost anything Including
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Getting rid of spam text messages