Protect Yourself from Unwanted Charges After Your Avid Free Trial
Avid Media Composer is a film and video editing software. Initially released in 1989, it has since dominated as the premier non-linear editing software in the film and television industry. It was first introduced on Macintosh and later on Windows.
Users are invited to try the service with a no-obligation 30-day However, if you forget to cancel before the trial expires, you may be charged for the service whether you want to keep it or not. Let help you give it a try for free without worrying about being charged for the service.
Does Avid Offer a Free Trial?
Avid offers a 30-day of their service. According to the Avid website, "Your free trial includes Media Composer | Ultimate and software options—PhraseFind, ScriptSync, Symphony, NewsCutter—as well as learning resources and how-to videos."
How Can I Get an Avid Free Trial?
To get your free trial, the website states that you need to follow these steps:
- Go to Pro Tools | Ultimate trial page or
- Go to the website and click the Pro Tools from the left panel of the website.
- From the Pro Tools page, click Pro Tools | Ultimate.
- From the upper right corner of the same page click Free trial, to go to the trial page.
- Now from the trial page, you can now choose if you want to Sign In or Create an account if you don't have an Avid account yet.
- After signing in, it should show the iLok account linked to your Avid account.
- If your iLok account is not yet linked with your Avid account, you can simply enter the iLok user ID from the space provided and click Submit.
- If you don't have an iLok account at all, you can check the box to create one.
Does the Avid Free Trial Automatically Renew Into a Paid Subscription?
Yes. Once the free trial has ended, your card will be charged automatically. You will need to cancel before the trial ends. If you fail to do so, you will not be eligible for a refund.
The Avid website states, "Avid subscription products are not eligible for return or early termination. If you are a subscriber and the laws of your resident country provide for a cancellation or a return period, your decision to subscribe means you have agreed to the Avid Subscription Terms and Conditions. By doing so, you waive any right you may have to return or terminate your subscription before its designated expiration period (either after one month or one year, depending on your subscription choice).
Avoid Paying for a Service You Don't Want With DoNotPay Virtual Credit Card
Free trials are a great way to test drive a service before committing to purchasing. Unfortunately, if you forget to cancel, you may end up paying for a service you don't need. Many businesses bank on the fact that you will likely forget to cancel and will be obligated to keep the service. With the use of a virtual credit card, DoNotPay can help you avoid charges and let you enjoy your free trial worry-free.
Here's how it works.
- Go to the Avid website and create your account.
- When asked for billing information, simply head over to DoNotPay to create your virtual credit card.
- When the free trial expires, the subscription will self-terminate since there is no funding attached to the virtual card.
How Much Does Avid Cost After the Trial?
Here is a brief overview of the cost associated with Avid.
|$49.99 1-Year Subscription, Paid Monthly||Save money when you commit to 12 months||Get access to the Media Composer | PhraseFind Option, ScriptSync Option, Symphony Option, and NewsCutter Option throughout your subscription|
|$499.00 1-Year Subscription, Paid Upfront||Get a discount of 2 months when you pay in full upfront||Get access to the Media Composer | PhraseFind Option, ScriptSync Option, Symphony Option, and NewsCutter Option throughout your subscription|
|$74.99 Monthly Subscription, Paid Monthly||N/A||Access Media Composer | Ultimate on an as-needed basis.
Get access to the Media Composer | PhraseFind Option, ScriptSync Option, Symphony Option, and NewsCutter Option throughout your subscription
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help with life's issues including
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from companies
One of the best things about a free trial is being able to test drive a service without the commitment. However, if you forget to cancel, you may end up with a service you don't use. Let help you avoid paying hundreds of dollars of your hard-earned money and alleviate the hassle of remembering to cancel subscriptions with a few easy steps.