How to Obtain Your Utah Marriage Certificate Easily
You should be able to get a copy of your marriage certificate in Utah easily. You should be able to apply for your marriage certificate online and receive your online quickly and easily.
Sadly it can be complicated to get your marriage certificate. First, you need to gather your marriage certificate documents and fill out your marriage certificate application, which can be confusing.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses in Utah
Within the State of Utah, a Marriage License and a Marriage Certificate are the same documents. Counties in Utah do not issue a separate Marriage Certificate after a marriage has been recorded and finalized.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Utah?
- To obtain copies of , you must be the person on the record or an immediate family member. Immediate family is defined as a spouse, child, parent, sibling, grandparent, or grandchild.
- Anyone willing to go through the steps can get an informational copy of a marriage certificate in Utah.
DoNotPay can help you get your marriage certificate without jumping through any hoops.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Utah?
|Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate||$18.00|
|Additional Copies of Marriage Certificate||$10.00|
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Utah?
Processing time is three weeks to get a certified copy of your marriage certificate in Utah.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Utah?
If you are applying for yourself, a relative, or a legal representative, you must provide a completed application and a copy of your valid photo identification. Acceptable forms of identification are the following:
- State-Issued Driver's License
- State-Issued Photo ID
- Employment ID
- School, College or University ID
- US Military ID
Guardian or legal representative must submit proof of guardianship/legal representation with this application.
How to get a copy of a marriage certificate in Utah by yourself
Utah gives you a variety of ways to request your marriage certificate.
- You can order online using a debit or credit card for an additional fee.
- You can visit the office yourself in Provo with the account number.
- You can mail in an order to Salt Lake City by using a check.
There are, of course, difficulties with each of these solutions. The additional fee for ordering online is $40, which is expensive for a convenience that should be free, and visiting the office yourself is challenging since they're only open during office hours.
Writing a check is always a hassle, and then you have to wait extra time for the application to reach Salt Lake City and for their reply. There must be a better way!
Next steps for getting a copy of your marriage certificate in Utah if you can't do it yourself
You can send a relative or legal representative to get it for you, but it's still not a good solution. It's unlikely you have relatives free during business hours, and they require you to explain why they are representing you, and it still requires you to write a check.
Don't go to the hassle. Let DoNotPay handle it quickly and easily.
Get a copy of your marriage certificate instantly with the help of DoNotPay
Utah charges an exorbitant fee for getting your certificate online, and no one wants to write a check. So let DoNotPay jump through the hoops and over the hurdles and make life easy for you.
If you want to Order/Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Utah but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why you should use DoNotPay to order a copy of your marriage certificate
DoNotPay has helped thousands of people get their marriage certificates, and they can help you too.
- Fast: You enter some information, and we take care of the rest.
- Easy: We deal with the state government, so you don't have to.
- Successful: We are experienced in getting marriage certificates, so you are in good hands.
What else can DoNotPay do?
- Manage your mailing service
- Protect you from text spam
- Our spam collector is at the top of the field
- Get help filing a complaint.
Let DoNotPay help you get your marriage certificate in Utah today! For more information on what DoNotPay can do for you, click here.