How to Get a Richland County Marriage Certificate
In case you misplace your Richland County marriage certificate chances are good that you won't be asked to provide evidence of your marriage very often, but if and when it happens, it's best to be prepared. That's why DoNotPay is standing by and ready to help you get a copy of your and other important documents.
Reasons to Keep Your Marriage Certificate Handy
If you are newly married and wish to assume your spouse's last name, you will need a copy of your government-issued marriage certificate to do so. Name changes are not the only reason you might need to show official proof of your marriage, however.
You may also need your marriage certificate if you are:
- Applying for a loan at your bank or credit union
- Applying for a real estate mortgage
- Buying a house together
- Filing joint federal taxes
- Filing joint state taxes
- Inheriting property from your spouse
- Obtaining a new visa or passport
- Opening a bank account or credit union account
- Sharing health care coverage with your spouse
- Willing property to a spouse
How to Get a Marriage License in Richland County
If you and your special someone want to get married in Richland County, you will have to ask the county clerk to issue a marriage license, first. The fee for a marriage license or civil union license is $40, and the physical address of the County Clerk's office is 103 West Main Street Suite 12 in Olney, Illinois. According to Marriage Laws, one or more of the following questions may not be asked, but both potential spouses should nonetheless be prepared to present:
- Any and all prior marriages
- Date and exact place of birth
- Email address
- Full legal name
- The highest grade of college completed.
- The highest grade of school completed.
- If of Hispanic origin, specify which
- If you're related to each other, specify the relationship
- Parents' or guardians' birthplaces
- Parents' or guardians' names, including their surname at birth
- Parents' or guardians' residential addresses
- Phone number
- Residential address, including the county of residence.
- Sex or gender
- Social security number
- Surname at birth
- When and how do any prior marriages or civil unions end.
How to Get a Copy of Your Richland County Marriage Records on Your Own
If you are the DIY type and want to get a copy of your marriage certificate without our help, you can ask for it at the same place you got your marriage license. Considered vital records, marriage certificates are maintained by the county clerk whose office is on the second floor of the courthouse at 103 West Main Street in Olney. You can call the county clerk at (618) 392-3111 for office hours and driving directions.
|Online||County Clerk Records|
|Phone Number||(618) 392-3111|
|Mailing Address||Richland County Circuit Clerk103 W. Main St. #21Olney, IL 62450|
|Send a Message|
|In-Person||103 W. Main St. #21Olney, IL 62450|
There's Got to Be an Easier Way
If you want to get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Richland County but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Although you have every right to request copies of your marriage certificate, birth certificate, and other official documents, getting copies on your own can be a hassle. That's why we invite you to let DoNotPay handle the ofttimes frustrating details. We can request your Richland County marriage certificate today, but that's not all we can do to make your life a little easier.
DoNotPay Is Standing By and Ready to Assist
- Marriage certificate online application
- DNP can clean up your credit reports
- DNP can compose and deliver a defamation demand letter
- DNP can demand airline refunds on your behalf
- DNP can help you fight chargebacks
- DNP can help you file a formal complaint or file a small claims lawsuit
- DNP can help you find free raffle tickets
Now that you know how easy it is to use DoNotPay, we hope you'll let us help you get a copy of your . Join us today!