Get a Copy of Your Madison County Marriage Certificate Effortlessly
Marriage certificates can be necessary for simple tasks like filing taxes and applying for a passport. If you need to get your the process can be frustrating and may take some time. We can help you get a copy of your marriage certificate easily, so you can move on to more important things.
A marriage certificate is an important form of identification, but getting a certified copy of your marriage certificate can take longer than you might expect. If you are frustrated trying to get a copy of your Madison County marriage certificate, we can help. We will show you how to fill out a marriage certificate and request marriage certificate documents without frustration. With DoNotPay, requesting an online marriage certificate has never been easier.
How to Get a Marriage Certificate in Madison County, IL
There are several reasons why you might need a marriage certificate to prove your identity or marriage. The following are common reasons to get a copy of your marriage certificate:
- Your tax return
- Opening a bank account
- Applying for a passport
- Filling out a health insurance application
- Changing your name
There are three ways to get your : by mail, in person, and online.
Get Your Marriage Certificate by Mail
Applying for a copy of your Madison County marriage certificate by mail tends to be a slightly longer process than applying in person or online. Follow these steps to request your marriage certificate by mail:
- Download and complete the following vital records form.
- Include your name and your spouse's name along with any previous names, contact information, and marriage date
- Include a check or money order of $20 plus $8 for each additional copy
- Mail the completed form and payment to the address listed.
Get Your Marriage Certificate in Person
Requesting your Madison County marriage certificate in person can be faster than applying by mail, but it can be difficult to find the time to go to the county clerk's office and deliver the form in person. Fill out your vital records form and visit the county clerk's office at the address above. The county clerk is open from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM on weekdays and may be closed on holidays.
You can call ahead to verify their operational hours at the phone number provided above. You can pay cash or credit at the county clerk's office.
Get Your Marriage Certificate Online
Applying for your marriage certificate online may be the most convenient method to request your marriage certificate. You can fill out the online form for your certified marriage certificate and pay the fee of $20 plus $8 for each copy. You can also request overnight delivery for a $30 credit card fee.
|Madison County Clerk Contact Information|
|Website||Madison County Official Records Online|
|Phone Number||(618) 692-6290|
|Mailing Address||Debbie Ming-Mendoza, Madison County Clerk, PO Box 218, Edwardsville IL 62025|
|Office Address||Office of Debbie Ming-Mendoza, Madison County Clerk, Administration Building, 157 North Main, Suite 109, Edwardsville, IL, 62025.|
Get Your Madison County Marriage Certificate Faster With DoNotPay
There is a more convenient method of requesting your marriage certificate from Madison County. DoNotPay can help you request your marriage certificate instantly online. We can also make an appointment for you to have the certificate notarized if necessary.
If you want to order a Marriage Certificate Copy in Madison County, IL but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay Can Help You Solve a Range of Legal and Financial Issues
DoNotPay helps users solve various problems. We can give you an advantage when dealing with corporations, government agencies, and courts. Our services include:
- Get compensation for canceled flights
- Cancel any membership
- Take passport photos online
- Send formal defamation letters
- Request the return of an item
- Get fast refunds or chargebacks