How to Find a Free Dental Clinic in Maryland
Millions of Americans have no dental insurance coverage and can't afford to pay for even the most basic treatments. Making matters worse is that an estimated six million Americans who did have dental coverage lost it during the pandemic. Two-thirds of Medicare beneficiaries are also lacking this coverage since it requires patients to pay out of pocket for private dental plans.
To address this issue, many locations throughout the country offer free or reduced-rate dental clinics. Many of these clinics receive federal or state subsidies or funding that enable them to offer oral care to low-income patients.
This article will cover where to find . While locating such clinics is often a tedious and time-consuming experience, DoNotPay simplifies and accelerates the search for you so you can get the dental care you need without further delays.
Who Qualifies for Free or Low-Cost Dental Clinic Visits in Maryland?
The following patients are eligible for . Each practice establishes its own criteria and may require proof of income status.
- Medicaid and/or SSI benefit recipients.
- Uninsured or underinsured families.
- Low-income families.
- Unemployed patients.
Where to Find Free or Affordable Dental Care in Maryland
The State of Maryland has several locations where patients can receive . Locations range from government-funded offices to volunteer and student dentists and hygienists. These locations include the following offices:
|Baltimore City Health Department||(410) 396-4398||The Oral Health Services unit of Baltimore City Health Department provides urgent and preventative dental care to uninsured, Medicaid-eligible, and low-income patients.|
|Chase Brexton Health Services||Baltimore
|Community Clinic, Inc.||Derwood, MD
|Low cost or free care is offered to the uninsured and low-income.|
|Family Health Centers of Baltimore||(410) 354-2000||Non-profit federally qualified health center that helps the working poor, low income, and uninsured.|
|People's Community Health Center||Baltimore, MD
|No one is turned away, regardless of ability to pay.|
|Tri-State Community Health Center||Hancock, MD (301) 678-7256||Care is offered on a sliding fee scale for patients with limited incomes, regardless of insurance coverage. No one is turned away.|
|West Cecil Health Center, Inc.||Conowingo, MD (410) 378-9696||Federally qualified health centers provide help to all residents.|
|Montgomery Volunteer Dental Clinic, Inc.||Silver Spring, MD (301) 384-9795||Federally qualified health centers provide help to all residents.|
|Howard County Health Department||Columbia, MD (410) 752-0954||Administers dental care to patients with no insurance and who meet low-income guidelines.|
|Fortis College Dental Hygiene School||Landover, MD (301) 459-3650||The school provides low-cost dental x-rays, exams, cleanings, and other services at very reduced prices.|
Resources for Locating Free and Low-Cost Dental Clinics
The following websites can assist you in your search for additional clinics across the State of Maryland.
How to Get Government-Funded Insurance for Free Dental Care in Maryland
For those eligible, there are federal and state-run programs that can make dental care more affordable, and in some cases, free, for you and your family.
- Maryland Department of Health The Maryland Department of Health provides dental care to adults ages 21-64 who are receiving full Medicaid and Medicare benefits. The Maryland Healthy Smile Dental Program provides coverage for children under the age of 21, former foster care recipients under the age of 26, pregnant women 21 years of age and older, and adults enrolled in the Rare and Expensive Case Management program.
- Maryland Children's Health Insurance Program (MCHP) MCHP provides coverage for children in families with incomes too high to qualify for Medicaid.
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Program Basic dental care is covered at 100% by in-network providers for federal workers under the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
Find a Free Dental Clinic in Maryland With the Help of DoNotPay
Searching through countless websites for free and low-cost dental clinics takes your valuable time. Instead, let DoNotPay do the work for you in three easy steps:
- Search "dentist" on DoNotPay.
- Enter your current address, so we can find the clinic nearest to you.
- Select whether you would like to ask a question about your eligibility, receive a quote for a specific procedure, or set up an appointment.
DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and notify you with the information you requested.
Why Use DoNotPay to Find Free and Low-Cost Dental Services in Maryland
- DoNotPay expedites the search process for dental offices, so you can get the care you need faster.
- There are no long applications or phone calls required to set up appointments and inquire about eligibility.
- DoNotPay's proven, the successful process returns accurate results without any time-consuming web searches.
What Else Can DoNotPay do?
Not only can DoNotPay find you free and low-cost dental services in Maryland, they also offer solutions for the following situations:
- Get standardized legal documents
- Find unclaimed money
- How to request sick leave
- Getting help with bills
- Cancel any service or subscription
- Discover and apply for scholarships
- Reduce your property taxes
DoNotPay's innovative platform helps you cut through bureaucratic red tape, find money, and resolve many common administrative issues. Instead of digging through endless websites, DoNotPay streamlines the process to deliver accurate information more efficiently!