How to File a Police Report in Boston
Filing a police report helps the authorities to solve crimes and prevent future crimes from taking place. But as a victim or witness to a crime, you may have no idea how to file a police report in Boston. From contacting the police to presenting the proper evidence, the entire process can be intimidating. But you don't have to struggle alone. DoNotPay can help you through the process in easy steps.
DoNotPay is a consumer advice service that helps people like you file reports with ease and convenience. With DoNotPay, you can file a police report in Boston and report issues like identity theft, car accident, hit and run, stolen phones, scams, stolen packages, stolen wallets, or stolen items fast. And the best part is you can do everything in the comfort of your home.
What Types of Reports Can Be Filed Online?
Here are types of crime reports that can be filed online:
- Abandoned vehicle
- Vehicle tampering
- Assault or Battery
- Vehicle damage or burglary
- Traffic complaint
- Minor vehicle accident
- Identity theft
- Fraudulent use of credit card
- Vandalism or graffiti
- Vehicle burglary or damage
- Stolen vehicle
- Harassing phone call
- Lost property
What Do You Need to File an Online Report?
To file your report online, the incident needs to meet the following conditions:
- The incident must have happened in Boston
- It should not be an emergency or in progress
- There should be no known suspect – meaning no one knows the offender or their location
- It didn't happen on a state highway
- You must have a valid return email
- You must be over the age of 18
You also need to have the following information handy to submit your report online:
- The date and time of the incident
- Address and location where the incident happened
- Your name, date of birth, contact details
- Name, date of birth, and contact details of the person who was involved in the incident
- Make, model, description, serial number, and the estimated value of the property, if your report involves property
How to File a Police Report in Boston on Your Own
There are different ways to file a police report in Boston. Your method of choice will largely be influenced by the nature of the incident you're reporting. For example, if it's an emergency, you'll call 911 immediately instead of filing a report, and so on.
|Online||You can use the online citizen report system to submit your report online and print a copy of the police report. But you'll need to confirm a few details to ensure your report meets the criteria for filing a police report online.|
|Over the phone||The online citizen police report is only suitable for non-emergency cases. So, if you are reporting an emergency case, please call 911. Also, call the Public Safety Dispatch Center at 508-647-9500 for fraud and identity theft as the online system doesn't support this nature of cases. Dispatchers will ask questions about details of the incident, contact details, and incident details.|
|In-Person||Lastly, you can file a report in person with the Boston Police Department. Be ready to discuss the incident with the officer. They will ask about your contact details, the incident, and where it happened. If you have evidence, bring them if possible.|
Filing a police report can be daunting, especially when you do not know where to start. Luckily, you can skip the hassle and get everything done with DoNotPay.
How to File a Police Report Boston With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay's new Police Report product makes it easy to file the police report. We'll point you to the needed evidence and even contact the police on your behalf through this product. All you have to do is:
- Search "police report" on DoNotPay and select the type of incident you would like to report.
- Tell us more about the incident that occurred, including the location, date, time, and sequence of events. Include information on financial losses, personal injuries, or property damage that happened as a result.
- List any suspects or witnesses you are aware of, verify your contact information, and submit.
And that's it. DoNotPay will take care of the rest for you, so you don't have to. We will file the police report to the police officer in charge of the town/city the incident happened in. Expect an email from them with status updates and further details within two weeks.
DoNotPay Files Police Report With a Few Clicks
DoNotPay will file your police report in Boston in three easy steps. Many people who file reports with DoNotPay appreciate the fact that it's:
Fast— No need to spend hours trying to file a police report in Boston.
Easy—No need to download forms or fill them online.
Successful—You can rest assured knowing your report will be filed.
DoNotPay Also Solves a Ton of Other Problems
DoNotPay does a great job helping you file a police report in Boston. But that's not the only thing we do best. We also solve a range of other issues, including:
- Sex offender search
- Small claims court
- Standardized legal documents
- Insurance claims
- Neighbor complaints
- Divorce settlement agreement
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Request jury duty leave
If you're having a hard time filing a police report in Boston, we can help. Head on to DoNotPay's website and sign up to get started.