Get a Copy of Your Erie County Marriage Certificate In Less Than 5 Minutes
A marriage certificate is an official document that proves a marriage took place. You will need this document for things such as changing your legal name on documents such as your passport or driver's license, opening a bank account, or applying for loans and mortgages.
In most instances, you will receive your marriage certificate within a month after you are married. However, if it is lost in the mail or you misplace it and you live in Erie County, let DoNotPay help you get a new one fast and easy in a few simple steps.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Erie County?
There are a few people eligible to get a , namely:
- Other people who have a documented judicial or other proper purpose or New York State Court Order.
If you are not a spouse, you must document a judicial or other proper purpose. For example, you may need a marriage certificate to claim a benefit. You would need an official letter from the agency saying that you need the marriage record to process the claim.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Erie County?
Here is a list of the required documents to get your marriage certificate in Erie County.
The application must be submitted with copies of either A or B:
- One of the following forms of valid photo-ID:
- Driver's license
- State-issued, non-driver photo-ID card
- U.S. Military-issued, photo-ID
- Two of the following showing the applicant's name and address:
- Utility or telephone bill
- Letter from a government agency dated within the last six months
How to Get a Copy of an Erie County Marriage Certificate Own
There are a few different ways to get an Erie County marriage certificate on your own.
Unfortunately, walk-in services are canceled until further notice.
- You can print the forms you need from the Department of Health website and mail them to:
New York State Department of Health
Vital Records Certification Unit
P.O. Box 2602
Albany, NY 12220-2602
You will need to include a Personal Check, Postal Money Order, or Certified Check made payable to NYS Department of Health.
- You can also order them online through VitalChek.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Erie County?
Here are the corresponding fees:
|Online or Phone orders||$45 + $8 vendor processing fee per transaction (not per copy)|
(currently not available)
Get a Marriage Certificate From Erie County Instantly With the Help of DoNotPay
As you can see, the process of getting a marriage certificate can be somewhat difficult. However, DoNotPay can make the process simple so you don't have to spend your valuable time wading through paperwork or standing in line.
If you want to order a but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- Next, you can notarize your document by scheduling a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Order a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate
Here are just a few reasons to use DoNotPay:
- Everything is done online saving you a trip
- We offer virtual notary and check mailing services
- We file the application on your behalf so you can relax and let us do the work.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you get a copy of a marriage certificate is one of just a few ways DoNotPay can help. We can also help with:
- Defamation demand letters
- Airline flight compensation
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Child travel consent
- Cancel any service or subscription
Getting a copy of a marriage certificate can be a hassle, but it doesn't have to be. Let DoNotPay help you get a copy of your marriage license in Erie County with just a few clicks.