How to Find a Cheap Dentist in Johnson City, TN
With the average American spending between $500 to $1,000 on dental work every year and only 64% of Americans having dental insurance, it is important to find a , that will not break the bank.
Finding cheap Johnson City dentists on your own requires time and research, and if you do not live or work near an inexpensive dental clinic, you might have to make several appointments before finding a cheap dentist. But thanks to DoNotPay, you can find a cheap dentist using your mobile phone or computer in just minutes!
By using DoNotPay's app or website, you can choose from an exhaustive list of Johnson City dental clinics and select a cheap dentist that is nearby and has positive reviews from other patients. But how exactly do you go about it? Read on as we dig deeper.
Low-Cost Dental Care for Low-Income Individuals/Senior Citizens/Children
Households with low-income, underinsured, uninsured, children and the elderly have difficulty finding low-cost dental care. To ensure affordable care, charitable organizations, dental institutions, local, federal, and state governments offer low-cost dental care and services.
Charitable organizations and local governments often offer limited dental care, while in some states, Medicaid covers the cost of preventive dental procedures such as teeth cleaning, fluoride varnish application, and x-rays for the elderly and children from low-income families.
- Dental schools – Most dental schools are a good source of quality, low-cost dental treatment. Dental schools allow their students to gain experience by treating patients while also providing low-cost dental treatment to the community. Experienced, licensed dentists monitor and supervise the dental students to ensure dental care is performed to high standards.
- Local health departments – Local health departments can provide a list of community clinics where you can receive low-cost dental care. Federally-funded community health centers are supported by the Bureau of Primary Health Care across the country, offering cheap and affordable dental care.
- Medicare – Patients aged 65 and above or people with specific disabilities may qualify for Medicare. However, dental coverage under Medicare is limited, as it doesn't cover most routine dentures or dental care.
- Medicaid – Medicaid is the US government's state-run health insurance program providing medical benefits and, in some cases, dental benefits. Eligibility criteria and services offered are set by each state. While some states provide comprehensive dental care services, most states offer limited dental procedures for patients aged 21 or older. It costs little or nothing, depending on your income. However, coverage for dental treatment is limited. Dental services for individuals under 21 are provided by Medicaid.
Who Qualifies for Low-Cost Dental Care?
The eligibility of low-cost dental care depends on the program and requirements outlined by the governing authority. Most charitable programs, faith-based organizations, and dental schools offer low-cost dental care to patients with low income, lack insurance, the disabled, children, and the elderly. The Keystone Dental clinic is a non-profit dental clinic that offers basic dental care to patients aged 19 and over who meet the federal guidelines on poverty.
There are many reasons why one might qualify for low-cost dental care. Ask about:
- Special programs available at your dentist
- Income qualifications to receive reduced-cost care
- Exceptions that can be made
How to Get Reduced-Cost Dental Care in Johnson City, TN
In Johnson City, reduced-cost dental care is offered by several charitable organizations. You can get low-cost dental services from dental schools, community clinics, health departments, and federally-funded community health centers. However, to qualify for reduced-cost dental care, you must meet specific eligibility criteria. You must be a low-income household, uninsured, or underinsured and lack dental benefits. You must also be a child or an adult eligible for Medicaid. Below, we list some clinics you can visit for low-cost dental care in Johnson City.
|Johnson City Community Health Center (ETSU)||423-926-2500||N/A||2151 Century Ln
Johnson City, TN 37604
|Low-income, elderly, single mothers or fathers, veterans|
|Keystone Dental Clinic||423-232-7919||N/A||603 Bert Street
Johnson City, TN 37601
|Uninsured, low-income, elderly, children|
|East Tennessee State University Dental Hygiene Clinic for Seniors||(423) 439-4514||N/A||156 South Dossett Drive
Johnson City, TN 37614
|Elderly, disabled, uninsured|
|Friends In Need Dental Clinic||(423) 224-5697||N/A||1105 West Stone Drive
Kingsport, TN 37660
|Uninsured, the poor, low-income|
|Healing Hands Health Center||(423) 652-2516||210 Memorial Drive Bristol, TN, 37620||Low-income, uninsured, children, disabled, elderly|
Next Steps for Finding a Cheap Dentist in Johnson City, TN if You Can't Do It Yourself
While you can find a on your own, the process can be arduous. You have to locate a number of dentists in your area and then call them, one by one, asking about the pricing and availability for the dental care you require. This process could be time-consuming and frustrating.
But what if there was a better, super-easy way of locating a dentist near you without having to go through all that trouble? With no need to make calls or knock door to door? Meet DoNotPay, an AI-powered robot that does all of this and more. You will only provide a few details and leave the rest to us.
Find a Cheap Dentist in Johnson City, TN With DoNotPay
DoNotPay offers a convenient, easy-to-use platform that makes finding a cheap dentist in Johnson City, TN. You can get a list of cheap dentists within your area that offers low-cost or reduced-cost dental services with a few clicks.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to find free dental clinics:
- Search "dentist" on DoNotPay.
- Enter your current address, so we can find the clinic nearest to you.
- Select whether you would like to ask a question about your eligibility, receive a quote for a specific procedure, or set up an appointment.
And that's it. DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and get back to you with the information you requested.
Why Use DoNotPay to Find a Cheap Dentist in Johnson City, TN?
There are several advantages of leveraging DoNotPay to find a .
- Fast. You don't have to spend hours on end trying to find a cheap dentist on your own. DoNotPay does all the hard work for you.
- Easy. You don't have to leave your house, office, or other location to look for a cheap dentist. Simply fill out a few details and leave the rest to DoNotPay.
- Successful. With a high success rate and a huge customer base, you can rest assured that DoNotPay will help you find a cheap dentist near you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Finding a cheap dentist is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. You can also use DoNotPay to solve a number of issues, including:
- Sue anyone in a small claims court
- File a complaint
- Find missing money
- Book DMV appointments
- Reduce property taxes
- Discover and apply for scholarships
- Get free trials
- Help with bills