How to cancel Zipcar membership in a flash
Zipcar is one of the largest car-sharing networks in the world. Dozens of vehicles are available on-demand by the hour in many cities and campuses across the globe. Sharing a car is one of the most cost-effective alternatives to owning a vehicle. On average, American citizens save around $600 every month when sharing a car instead of owning one.
Canceling Zipcar membership on your own
When you realize that Zipcar no longer works for you, it is good to know that shutting down your account can be done quickly. Zipcar allows you to request membership cancelation by:
- Submitting a request form
- Reaching out to them by phone
Canceling Zipcar membership by submitting a request form
One way to cancel your membership with Zipcar is to go to request the cancelation from the company’s official website. Here is how you do it:
- Log into your account
- Choose Account Settings & Information from the dropdown menu
- Select Close my account from the second dropdown menu
- Click on Submit a Request
Canceling Zipcar membership via phone
You can bypass the request submission form by giving Zipcar a call. Here is what you should do:
- Call 1-866-4ZIPCAR
- Request to have your account closed
- Share your account information
- For safety reasons, ask for a confirmation number or email
|Can you cancel with||Yes / No|
Frequent problems when canceling Zipcar membership
When calling Zipcar to get your account closed, you might encounter some persuasion by the customer service representative in the form of offering a one-month free of charge subscription. You also might have to repeatedly confirm that you want to cancel your membership, which can be somewhat annoying.
Waiting in phone queues is also a common issue when trying to sort out your membership over the phone. DoNotPay helps you work your way around it, as it reaches the customer service representative without waiting on hold.
Canceling Zipcar membership with DoNotPay
Instead of filling out tedious forms or having to waste time in phone queues, you can dedicate the task of canceling your subscription to DoNotPay. It takes no more than a few minutes, and you get to save both your time and energy. Here is how you do it:
- Access the DoNotPay platform through a
- Select “Find Hidden Money”
- Enter the name of the service you are looking to unsubscribe from
When your membership gets canceled, we will inform you with a notification.
Identify Zipcar charges on your credit card statement
Zipcar can appear on your credit card statement in the following forms:
CHECK CARD PURCHASE ZIPCAR INC. 08664947227 MA
|ZIPCAR INC. 08664947227 MA 02210 USA||ZIPCAR INC. 08664947227 MA|
|DEBIT CARD PURCHASE - ZIPCAR INC. xxx-xxx-7227 MA
POS DEBIT ZIPCAR INC. BOSTON MA
|Dispute ZIPCAR.INC ZIPCAR||ZIPCAR INC. 866-494-7227 MA 02210 US|
Debit Card Purchase ZIPCAR INC. ...47227 MA
|ZIPCAR CANADA INC||ZIPCAR.INC ZIPCAR BOSTON MA|
|: ZIPCAR INC. 866-494-7227 MA||Debit Purchase -visa Zipcar Inc. 866-494-7227ma||ZIPCAR INC. 866-494-7227 MA|
|ZIPCAR INC. BOSTON MA 02210 US||VISA DDA PUR 423168 ZIPCAR INC 866 494 7227 * MA||: ZIPCAR INC. BOSTON MA
Debit Card Purchase - ZIPCAR INC 08664947227 MA
Other options besides Zipcar
Zipcar is not the only car-sharing network available. Here are some of our top picks that do an excellent job of providing car-sharing services to customers:
|Turo||Free of charge||
|Car2Go||$5 to join||
Can you pause instead of canceling your membership with Zipcar?
Though it is not possible to pause your membership for a while, Zipcar account owners can re-open their previously closed accounts by following these simple steps:
- Open the registration page, and under Join as an individual select I want to re-open an existing account;
- Type in your previous username and password;
- Go through the application process and update or confirm previously submitted information.
Having trouble with Zipcar? Sue them with DoNotPay!
We have created the world’s first robot lawyer. It can help you sue companies in small claims court within minutes, and without having to pay legal representatives. The robot will guide you through all the necessary steps, ensuring justice for everyone.
Keep your finances in check with the help of DoNotPay
Did you know that, on average, Americans spend upwards of $200 on monthly subscriptions without actually using all of them?
Our app can sort out this issue quickly. You can connect either your bank account or email with it, and the app will sort out your unused memberships and unsubscribe you from them.
DoNotPay is a gift that keeps on giving
Put your mind at ease by letting DoNotPay do the hard work. Canceling subscriptions is merely a fragment of what we have to offer. Use the DoNotPay app to:
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Make virtual credit cards to avoid being charged after your free trial
- Cancel any other subscription service or membership
- Fight speeding tickets
- Get an appointment with the DMV faster
- Contest parking tickets
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Get compensation for delayed and canceled flights
- Jump the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps