What To Do When You Need Your Annapolis Marriage Certificate
There are certain situations in life when it is necessary to get your hands on your . What are you supposed to do when you hit one of those situations? Well, you can go through a bunch of bureaucracy and red tape to get your marriage certificate. Or, you can use DoNotPay to get it done quickly and easily.
If you have become confused by the government bureaucracy of it all, you are not alone. There are a lot of people who hit a wall when getting their marriage certificate from Annapolis, and they don't want to have to deal with it either. When they get to this point, they often reach out to DoNotPay for some help. And you can, too.
Let’s start with a look at the differences between marriage certificates and marriage licenses.
What Is The Difference Between A Marriage License And A Marriage Certificate?
You may hear the terms marriage license and marriage certificate used interchangeably by people at some times. However, this is not accurate. An is different from a marriage license.
Here is what each one does:
|Marriage License||A required document that one must obtain before they are legally allowed to get married in the state|
|Marriage Certificate||A document that proves that a couple got married to each other.|
Why Might I Need my Annapolis Marriage Certificate?
A marriage certificate is the legal document that proves a marriage occurred, and was legally conducted. These types of documents are often requested for various official purposes such as buying life insurance. If you don't have access to your , then you may be in a tough spot when it comes to getting the products and services that you need to make this happen.
How Much Does It Cost To Get My Marriage Certificate from Annapolis?
You will be required to pay a fee to obtain your marriage certificate. If you lose yours at any point, you will have to pay the fee again to obtain a new copy. It is best to keep your marriage certificate somewhere safe where the risk of losing it is minimal.
- Right now, the fee for obtaining your Annapolis marriage certificate is $55.
- This fee is paid directly to the Clerk so that they can cover the administrative costs necessary to get your marriage certificate pulled for you.
How To Get Your Annapolis Marriage Certificate by Yourself
In Annapolis, it is necessary to get your marriage license first before you can legally get married to someone.
You should know the following about getting your marriage license:
- There is a 48-hour waiting period
- The application process only takes about 15 minutes
- The license fee is also $55
- You must bring documentation providing that you are of age to be married and proof of residency
The state puts a 48-hour waiting period on anyone seeking their marriage license, so you should expect to fill out the paperwork in a matter of about 15 minutes, but you will need to wait a full 2 days before coming back to get your license.
Should either party back out at that time, the marriage will not yet have taken place, and therefore all parties will remain single in the eyes of the law.
After you’re legally married, you’ll complete some paperwork that is sent to the office of vital records. They will mail you back a marriage certificate document. This is an important document, but like all other papers, they can get lost. You can order a copy using DoNotPay.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get Your Marriage Certificate (it’s Easy!)
Have you ever wondered if you can get some assistance obtaining your marriage certificate? The good news is that you are in luck. DoNotPay has a program that can help you with this today. Here are the steps you need to follow:
If you want to Order/Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Annapolis but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Remember, you can use DoNotPay to easily in just a few clicks. And that’s only the beginning of the tasks you can accomplish with the world’s first robot lawyer.
What Else Does DoNotPay Accomplish?
You can use DoNotPay in hundreds of ways to make and save money. Check out some other paperwork hurdles you can tackle with the app:
These and many other areas are so important to people trying to get things done, and DoNotPay understands this. That is why they work so diligently to continue to add new programs whenever they can to help people out. It is working out quite nicely for everyone so far.