How to Find an Affordable Dentist in Denver
Cost is a major obstacle preventing many Americans from obtaining regular dental care. However, finding an affordable dentist in Denver is possible. Dental schools, nonprofit organizations and individual dentist's offices all may offer free or discounted services to those who qualify. If you can't afford a traditional dentist, one of these options may allow you to take care of your teeth without breaking the bank.
Since each low-cost dental provider has its own procedure offerings and requirements for eligibility, sorting through them to find the right one for you can be a stressful and time-consuming process. DoNotPay can help you save time by simplifying your search. Here's what you should know about finding the right and the surrounding area.
Who Qualifies for Affordable Dental Care in Denver?
Dental services can be expensive and difficult to access whether you have insurance or not. Fortunately, you have a number of options available to you if you're unable to afford the care you need. Requirements vary depending on the specific dental care provider, but there are some common ones many affordable providers impose. These include:
- Living in the area served by the clinic, with documentation such as a utility bill
- Earning less than a certain amount
- Enrollment in Medicaid or CHP+
- Photo ID in some cases
How to Find an Affordable Dentist in Denver
These are the basic steps you should take when looking for a low-cost dentist.
- Find a clinic offering the services you need: Not all low-cost dental clinics offer more involved procedures like oral surgery or root canals. If you think you may need these, make sure the dentist you're considering offers them.
- Confirm your eligibility: Check the provider's specific eligibility requirements.
- Complete prerequisites: Some low cost dental providers require an initial screening exam or dental health education before you can receive care.
- Schedule your appointment: Once you've confirmed that the dentist is a good fit for your needs, schedule an appointment. You may need to provide proof of income or address depending on the provider.
The table below lists five good options for .
|Clinic||Address||Phone Number||Services||Costs and Eligibility|
|Clinica Family Health||1735 S. Public Road
Lafayette, CO 80026
|303-650-4460||Exams, cleanings, root canals, extractions and emergency care, Spanish speaking dental care providers available||Clinical treats children and adults and accepts Medicaid and CHP+. The clinic also offers a discount program and payment plans.|
|Community College of Denver Dental Hygiene Program||1062 Akron Way, Denver, CO 80230
Lowry Campus, Building 753
|303-365-8338||Exams, cleanings, x-rays, sealants||Screenings are free and cleanings and X-rays range from $10-60. The program treats children, adults and seniors.|
|Denver Health clinics||Multiple locations||303-602-2300 for discount program enrollment, 303-436-4949 for appointments||All dental maintenance and treatments except orthodontics||The cost depends on your income level. Photo ID and proof of address are required for patients using CHP+|
|Five Points Dental||1701 E 31st Ave
Denver, Co 80204
|303-394-0231||All procedures, including fillings, cleanings, oral surgery and x-rays||Five Points charges fees that are lower than the average dentist's and accepts Medicaid.|
|Inner City Health Center||3800 York Street
Denver, CO 80205
|303-296-4873||Dental emergencies, regular treatments, oral hygiene classes||Fees are set on a sliding scale based on income and household size for patients who are uninsured. The Center accepts Medicaid, Medicare, CHP+, Colorado Access Advantage and CoFinity. Emergency visits for new patients are $90.|
Additional Resources for Affordable Dental Care in Denver
In addition to those listed in the table above, some more affordable dental providers in the Denver area are:
- University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine (located in nearby Aurora, CO)
- People's Dentist
- STRIDE Community Health Center (multiple locations in nearby suburbs)
- Denver Rescue Mission
Easily Find an Affordable Dentist in Denver With DoNotPay
While many low-cost dental offices exist, sorting through all of them to find a dentist that offers the services you need and whose eligibility requirements fit your situation can be time-consuming. DoNotPay's fast, easy and successful system simplifies your search process so you can save time and eliminate stress.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to :
- Search "dentist" on DoNotPay.
- Enter your current address, so we can find the clinic nearest to you.
- Select whether you would like to ask a question about your eligibility, receive a quote for a specific procedure, or set up an appointment.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and get back to you with the information you requested.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you successfully navigate bureaucracy and solve problems, so you can easily:
- Sue in small claims court
- Make a DMV appointment
- Save on your property taxes
- Use free trials without paying
- File a complaint
If you're looking for an affordable dentist in the Denver area, contact now!