How to Obtain Suburban Hospital Medical Records?
After being seen in the emergency room or spending a few days at Suburban Hospital, you might need or want a copy of your medical records from your stay or visit. You might need them for your insurance company or to start a lawsuit after an accident. Your personal doctor or a specialist might want to review these records to off you the best medical care possible.
While it should be a fairly straightforward process to receive your , it doesn't always work out that way. You might not know who to call or where to send a letter. You're unsure if you need to go to the hospital and request the copies in person. You're unsure of your first step. Your first step should be to let the DoNotPay app help you get your Suburban Hospital medical records.
HIPAA and Your Right to Access Health Information
Designed to protect a patient's privacy and make it easier for you to gain access to your personal medical records, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was passed in Congress in 1996. President Bill Clinton signed it into law. Along with allowing you access to your , the law also makes sure that the medical professionals make it easy for you to get copies. Your health representatives should also be able to easily access your medical records and receive copies if you're incapacitated for some reason.
Why You Might Need Copies of Your Medical Records?
While Suburban Hospital might not ask for a reason as to why you want your medical records, if you send a written request, you might add the reason to the request. There are many reasons that people ask for copies of their medical records. Here are a few of the most common ones:
- Needed for the person's primary care physician
- Needed for a specialist
- Needed for physical therapy
- The person is changing doctors
- Needed for their personal records
- Needed for an attorney
- Needed for an insurance company
How Much Does It Cost to Obtain Medical Records?
The good news is that obtaining your isn't going to cost you a fortune. Most hospitals will charge a nominal fee for each page that needs to be copied to cover their costs.
What Types of Medical Records Are Restricted From Being Released?
HIPAA allows for two exceptions to always allowing you access to your medical records. These are:
- If you see a mental health professional, and they take personal notes or reflections about your condition, they're considered the property of the therapist.
- If there is a pending civil or criminal case involving your medical records, you can't get copies until the case is resolved.
How to Request Medical Records From Suburban Hospital
There are two ways to receive your Suburban Hospital records.
|Over the Phone||call (301) 896-3100 and ask for medical records|
|Sending a Request Letter||mail your letter to 8600 Old Georgetown Rd, Bethesda, MD 20814|
Solve the Challenges of Getting Suburban Hospital Medical Records With the Help of DoNotPay
After being treated at Suburban Hospital, you discovered that you needed copies of your hospital records. You know the process of requesting and receiving your medical records should be an easy one. However, it isn't working out that way, and you're getting close to giving up. This isn't the answer. The answer is to use the DoNotPay app to request your .
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
Doctors and hospitals would like you to believe that there's something mysterious about your medical records and that you don't understand the process of requesting them.
There isn't anything mysterious about the process; it's only something you've never had to do before now. DoNotPay can help you get up to speed with understanding medical records and how to request them. Check out these topics:
- Essential information about medical records
- Essential information about electronic health records
- Essential information about medical records release forms
- Request your medical records from Kaiser
- Essential information about how long medical records are kept
- Essential information about how to request medical records
- Request your medical records from Mercy
- Essential information about how to get your medical records
- Request your medical records from Baptist
- Request your medical records from Cleveland Clinic
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
The DoNotPay app can help you with a variety of tasks. Here are some things to explore:
- Write a health care directive in case there comes a time when you can't make your own medical decisions
- Find help with bills when you don't have the money to pay
- And so much more!
Use DoNotPay to get copies of your Suburban Hospital medical records today!