How to Request South Miami Hospital Medical Records
If you live in southern Florida, you may have been a patient with the Baptist Health South Florida system. As the largest healthcare organization in the region, Baptist Health South Florida encompasses many high-quality hospitals, including:
- West Kendall Baptist Hospital
- Mariners Hospital
- Homestead Hospital
- Fishermen's Community Hospital
- Doctors Hospital
- Baptist Children's Hospital
- South Miami Hospital
South Miami Hospital, in particular, has an excellent reputation for quality care in many areas and is proud to provide the highest level of trauma care to the Miami community as a Level I Trauma center. If you're unsure how to get your , follow these directions and helpful tips from DoNotPay.
South Miami Hospital Confidentiality Rules
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), all patient health care information at Baptist Health South Florida, and by extension South Miami Hospital, is highly confidential. HIPAA laws protect patients and their privacy and have helped reduce health care fraud and abuse. As a patient, you also have the right to access your health records at any time, for any reason. Protected Health Information (PHI) and certain medical records can only be released from South Miami Hospital with proper authorization from the patient or legal representative.
Depending on the kind of health information you need to access and its level of confidentiality, DoNotPay can help you request your .
How to Access the South Miami Hospital Online Patient Portal
As a part of the Baptist Health South Florida network, South Miami Hospital offers patients access to a world of online information through a website called myBaptistHealth. It is a helpful online patient portal that lets you control and access a lot of your medical details.
Here's what you can do when you sign up for a myBaptistHealth account:
- Access test results
- Pay your bill
- Set up family accounts
- Track health conditions, allergies, and medications
- View some medical health records
- Access Patient Education
- Renew some prescriptions
There will most likely come a time when you will need to access PHI that you cannot obtain simply through the online patient portal. Certain medical records require a formal request for access, such as laboratory results, history & physical, consultations, pathology reports, or discharge summaries.
How to Request Medical Records South Miami Hospital
Getting access to your medical records through South Miami Hospital isn't overly complicated if you know what you're looking for. The truth is there are security measures put in place for your protection when it comes to your personal health information. Here are some helpful facts to know before you request South Miami Hospital medical records:
- Retrieving certain records will require you to submit an authorized form in writing per the laws of HIPAA and specify the exact dates of service, all patient information, and the type of records needed.
- All requests must be signed and dated by the patient or the legally authorized representative of the patient. If the patient is a minor, the authorization must come from the parent or guardian.
- When choosing which form to fill out, make sure it correctly designates whether you are the patient or a patient representative.
- Baptist Health South Florida accepts requests made both online of submitted by mail.
- Authorization for Release of Health Information forms is made available in English and Spanish.
- Fees for medical records will be charged by applicable State and Federal regulations.
How to Request South Miami Hospital Records by Mail
- Download medical record release form, the Baptist Health Authorization for Release of Health Information:
- Print out a paper copy of the form.
- Be sure to fill in each necessary field meticulously. If your form is somehow incomplete, it may be deemed invalid.
- Mail it to this address:
South Miami Hospital Attn: Health Information Management 6200 SW 73 Street Miami, Florida 33143
How to Request South Miami Hospital Records Online
Electronic versions of the Baptist Health release forms can be submitted online. The links for the forms are available through the patient resources web pace under medical records. Here are a few things to keep in mind about submitting your South Miami Hospital medical records request online:
- Online forms are available in both English and Spanish versions.
- Be sure to select the designated form for whether you are a patient or a patient representative.
- You will have the option of choosing your preferred delivery method of medical records: email, mail, or pick up by appointment.
- Please note, the office hours of operation for pickup appointments are currently limited to 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
How to Request Medical Records From South Miami Hospital With the Help of DoNotPay
The easiest way to successfully obtain tricky medical records from your current or past health care provider is through the Medical Records service offered by DoNotPay. Our legal expertise makes us the perfect solution for submitting clear, concise requests for medical records on your behalf. Here's how easy it is to request medical records with the help of DoNotPay:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
That pretty much sums it up! Why put the pressure on your own shoulders, when you can trust the expert services of DoNotPay to deliver the results you need with minimal effort on your part? In fact, don't you just wish you could get more help like this in other areas of your life?
DoNotPay Does More Than Medical Records
Aside from South Miami Hospital medical records, we can also assist you with the following inquiries:
Helping you request medical records is only a drop in the bucket of our services. These are just a few examples of how we can advocate for you:
- How to Find Lost Items
- How to Get Help With Bills
- How to Request Sick Leave
- How to File Insurance Claims
- How to Get a Birth Certificate
- How to Reduce Property Taxes
- How to Sue in Small Claims Court
- How to Cancel Any Subscription or Service
- How to Claim Compensation From Airlines
- How to File a Complaint Against Any Company
Any time you need directions or a definitive solution to a difficult task, think of DoNotPay as your do-it-all hub for help. Want to learn more? .