How to Request Rady's Medical Records the Easy Way
Whenever you switch to a new healthcare provider or visit a hospital separate from your primary care physician's practice, it's important to request a copy of your medical records to share with your new or current healthcare provider. It is to make sure that you receive consistent care from practitioners and avoid duplicate procedures.
If you or your child were recently a patient at Rady Children's Hospital and you need to obtain medical records, there are several ways you can do so on your own. However, if you are looking for an easier and faster way, this DoNotPay guide will walk you through requesting without taking unnecessary steps.
Why Might I Need Rady's Medical Records?
There are many reasons you may need to request your or your child's medical records from Rady Children's Hospital. They include:
- To avoid receiving duplicate procedures or medications
- To inform a new or current primary care physician of care outside of their practice
- To apply for a new health or life insurance coverage
- Searching for a new practitioner
- Gathering information about your family medical history
- Providing health information for legal proceedings
Whatever your reasons for requesting your , you have the right to obtain this information. However, keep in mind that you may not have legal access to all of your medical records, especially ones that involve other patients or facilities.
Which Medical Records Do I Not Have Access to?
Rady Children's Hospital allows patients’ medical records to be released to the proper people if the correct steps are followed. Rady is located in San Diego, and California allows patients to request their medical records up to seven years before the current date. However, there are some reasons why you may not be allowed to access your medical records. They may include:
- A parent requesting a minor's medical records without the individual's consent, in specific cases
- Medical records that have been subpoenaed for an ongoing court case
- Medical records that contain confidential information about another patient
- Records that contain specific information about the health facility and not the patient's care
- Psychotherapy or mental health notes that could potentially cause harm to the patient
How Do I Request Medical Records From Rady Children's Hospital?
If you need to request Rady's medical records for yourself or your child, you can do so using one of the following options:
- You must create a MyChart account with Rady Children's Hospital to request medical records online.
- Medical records can be requested by phone at 1-855-966-5904 or by fax at 1-855-966-8527.
- Medical records can be requested by mail by filling out an authorization form and sending it to: Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego Health Information Department - Release of Information 3020 Children's Way, MC 5049 San Diego, CA 92123
Certain information is required with the authorization form, including:
- The patient's name and date of birth
- The specific information being requested, along with the purpose of the request
- Where the information should be sent (name and address)
- The patient or patient's guardian signature and date of request
The process of requesting medical records from Rady Children's Hospital is straightforward but could be time-consuming and leave you unsure about when you will receive your records. With DoNotPay's Request Medical Records product, you can easily and successfully request medical records without having to take any unnecessary steps or wasting valuable time. Follow the steps below to get started.
DoNotPay Can Help You
If you need to request medical records from Rady Children's Hospital on behalf of yourself or your child, you do not have to do it on your own. DoNotPay's Medical Records product can help you get access to your medical records in 3 simple steps:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
And that's all there is to it! DoNotPay will reach out to any medical provider in any state to obtain your medical records on your behalf. Whether you need the medical records for personal use or you need them transferred to a new provider, we can get you the help you need.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you access medical records from health facilities in almost any state for any reason. We have helped our customers request their medical records from facilities such as:
In addition to helping you request medical records, DoNotPay has dozens of products designed to take the hard work out of everyday tasks. Our goal is to help our customers complete tedious tasks without having to take any unnecessary steps or waste their precious time, so they can get back to living their lives. Our products can help you:
- Learn more about advanced health care directives
- File a complaint against any company
- Set up automatic payments for your bills
- Request sick leave at work
- Obtain birth certificates
- Sue anyone in small claims court
Sign up for DoNotPay to learn more about what we can do to help you.