How to Obtain Your MountainView Hospital Medical Records
Reviewing your medical records is your right, as stipulated by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Doing so lets you update any relevant information you feel might be helpful to your care. It also helps your healthcare provider know more about your medical past and prescribe accurate dosages.
If you want to get your MountainView Hospital medical records but don't want to go through the tiresome procedure, DoNotPay is the solution. offers a quick, convenient and safe way of getting your hospital records.
HIPAA and Your Right to Access Health Information
The 45 CFR Section 164.525 mandate stipulates that all entities under HIPAA are legally required to avail a person's protected health information upon the individual's request. Under this mandate, you can not only obtain your medical records but also inspect the copies and direct the facility to transfer the documents to another person.
Contrary to common misconception, you and your designated individual aren't the only ones who can access your medical records. Other third-party organizations covered by HIPAA can also access all your medical records. Additionally, your healthcare provider usually has access to the documents granted you signed them the right when you filled in your patient intake form.
How to Get Electronic Copies of Your Medical Records
Almost every sector today has embraced the use of technology. Technology has made things easier, convenient, and fast, and the healthcare sector has not been left behind. Today, you can access your medical records, diagnosis, or even your prescription online from the comfort of your home.
Getting your hands on electronic copies of yourmedical records can be done through the hospital's patient portal or in writing. If you opt to submit your request in writing, ensure to include the following details about yourself:
- Social Security Number
- ID number or MountainView Hospital's member number if provided
- Date of birth
- Contact information (address, phone number, email address)
- Records you'd like to access
- Delivery method (print, fax, mail)
Why Might You Need a Copy of Your Medical Records?
There are several reasons why you may need a copy of your MountainView Hospital medical records. Some of the reasons include:
- You want to know about your medical history- Getting your medical records helps you understand your genetics and how they impact your health. It also lets your doctor learn about any hereditary issues.
- You're relocating- If you are moving to a new state, you may need your complete medical records to give your doctor an overview of your medical past so that they can be able to diagnose you accordingly.
- Your doctor is retiring- Moving from one physician to another isn't usually the rosiest situation. If your doctor is retiring, your medical records are essential in helping your next physician get up-to-date with your medical history.
- You've been referred to a specialist- If your doctor referred you to a specialist for your issue, obtaining your medical records lets them know what they need to know about your medical history.
How Much Does It Cost to Obtain Medical Records?
HIPAA prohibits healthcare professionals from charging you for any labor or retrieving your medical records. Your hospital is also not allowed to deny you any copies of your medical records if you haven't paid the fees. However, you can get charged a small fee for your MountainView Hospital medical records.
Every state has its own laws regarding the length of time a provider can retain your medical records. The statutes also define what an entity can charge for making copies of your documents.
For most states, the typical charge for obtaining medical records starts from $0.25 to $2 for every page. In many states, you will have to part with $0.25 for the first 25 pages and an additional reasonable fee for any extra pages. However, states like Alaska and Idaho have no limit on copy fees mandated by state law.
What Type of Medical Records Are Restricted From Being Released?
A hospital may prevent releasing your medical records for various reasons. For example, your MountainView Hospital medical records may be withheld if:
- Releasing them directly results in harm
- The records have information about other people who may get harmed
- STD diagnosis and treatment information
- Drug and alcohol abuse treatment
- Sexual assault and child abuse information
- Mental illness records
- HIV/ AIDS testing and treatment
How to Request Medical Records From MountainView Hospital
If you'd like a copy of your MountainView Hospital records, you can:
- Visit the facility or contact the hospital's medical records department by phone.
- Fill out their medical request form online or in person.
- Select the records you'd like access to
- Submit your request and wait
MountainView Hospital will get back to you within 48 hours with your records.
Get MountainView Hospital Medical Records With The Help of DoNotPay
Under the HIPAA Privacy Rule, you have every right to access your MountainView Hospital medical records. Still, getting in touch with facilities requesting your medical records can be an uphill task. Additionally, it can get awkward when the reason for the request is changing doctors. However, DoNotPay is here to take away the hassle of the entire process.
If you'd like to get your hands on your medical records, DoNotPay can help in three steps:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
And that's it. DoNotPay will take care of the rest.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies
Helping you obtain your MountainView Hospital medical records isn't the only thing we can do. With DoNotPay, you can also access medical records from various entities such as:
You can also:
- Learn how long a hospital can keep your medical records
- Request medical records from any entity
- Obtain a medical records release form
- Learn medical records
- Electronic health records
- How to get my medical records
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
With DoNotPay, you can:
- Learn everything there is to know about advance healthcare directives
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Obtain birth certificates
Sign up for to get your MountainView Hospital medical records today.