How to Get a Lowe’s Credit Limit Increase With DoNotPay
A Lowe’s Advantage card offers some profound benefits if you work on home renovations or update your yard. The Lowe's Advantage Card is a credit card provided through Lowe's retail storefront. Lowe’s website offers benefits such as 5% off purchases, reduced financing on select purchases, and six months of special financing.
However, a specific line of credit isn't guaranteed - which is why you might be interested in getting a Lowe's credit limit increase. An increase in your credit limit can give you more buying power and possibly boost your credit score. This guide will explain how to ask for a Lowe's credit limit increase on your own, as well as offer you a simple, convenient alternative.
How a Credit Limit Increase Works
A credit limit refers to the maximum spending limit through a credit card. Individual lenders set their credit limits based on specific factors such as your overall credit score, your payment history, your income, and responsible credit card usage.
A can only be used at Lowe's stores and is exclusively available to cardholders who qualify for this particular line of credit. After an initial application, you will be assigned a specific credit limit when you are approved for the card. However, you might decide that you want more buying power. This might be the case if you have a large home project coming up and need to buy more at Lowe's - or you might simply want to increase your Lowe's Advantage Card credit limit to boost your credit score. You could consider asking for a Lowe's credit limit increase in these cases.
Who Can Request a Higher Lowe’s Credit Limit?
If you wonder whether to ask for a Lowe's credit limit increase, you might have some questions about your eligibility. While approval for a higher credit limit is based on several factors, these specific indicators are good signs that you could get a credit limit increase on your Lowe's Advantage Card:
- If your income has recently gone up.
- You could get approved if you've not opened any new lines of credit newly.
- If you have a good credit score of 750+
- If you have been a Lowe's Advantage Card member for at least six months
There are a couple of things to consider before officially starting the process of asking for a Lowe's credit limit increase.
- A credit limit increase usually prompts a hard inquiry on your credit report. If your credit score is fair or poor (under 649), you might want to hold off on asking for an increase.
- If you have recently undergone a significant life change, such as a job change or even unemployment, starting the process of a Lowe's credit limit increase might not be a good idea.
What Are the Things to Consider When Asking for a Credit Limit Increase
Before requesting a credit limit increase on any business card, it's essential to make sure that you're financially ready. Among some of the most important factors to go over are:
|Your Payment History
|If you've been able to make all of your card payments on time, every time, you're likely ready for the increased responsibility of a higher credit limit.
|The Potential Impact of a Hard Pull on Your Credit Score
|Requesting a higher credit limit for any business credit card will likely initiate a hard inquiry on your credit report. If you're just starting to build your credit, having a hard inquiry now could knock more points off of your score. Cardholders with extensive credit histories are less affected by challenging questions.
|Your Current Financial Standing
|If you've recently lost your job, lost a significant customer, or experienced other adverse changes in your personal or business finances, it may be best to wait for things to level off before applying. Having consistent income and being in good standing with all of your creditors will give you the greatest likelihood of getting a credit limit increase.
|How Increased Spending Power Will Impact Your Business
|Getting a higher credit limit on your card could significantly improve your bottom line. With extra money at your disposal, you can implement more aggressive marketing campaigns, expand your inventory, or invest in much-needed equipment, tools, and other resources. If getting a credit limit increase will make your business more profitable and better able to meet your clients’ needs, use DoNotPay to get the process started today.
How to Request a Higher Lowe’s Credit Limit on Your Own
If you are ready to ask for a Lowe's credit limit increase, here is what you should do.
- Call Lowe's customer service number at 1-877-898-1970. Explain that you would like to get an increase on your Lowe's Advantage Card.
- The representative will verify your account information, including asking for some personal info.
- Lowe's customer service department will ask you to consent to an inquiry on your credit report. They will then conduct the investigation to see if you are eligible for a credit limit increase.
- The customer service representative might be able to tell you immediately if you are eligible for a Lowe's credit limit increase. However, they might have to call you back with a verification, depending on the results of the credit report inquiry.
The prospect of spending so much time on the phone with customer service might seem daunting. However, there is an easier option. is your one-stop solution for getting a Lowe's credit limit increase.
Get a Lowes Credit Limit Increase With DoNotPay
How to request higher credit limits using DoNotPay:
If you want to request higher credit limits but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Credit Limit Increase product on DoNotPay.
- Select which type of card you own and your credit provider.
- Tell us more about your card, such as when you first created this card, your current credit limit, what you would like your new limit to be, your card number, and whether you've missed past payments.
- Tell us more about your current income and expenses and why you would like to request a limit increase.
- Indicate whether you want to allow hard inquiries to be made into your credit history. Upload a copy of your ID and provide your e-signature
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will deliver the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the card provider with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
DoNotPay Is an Easy Credit Limit Increase Solution
is a fast, easy, successful solution for getting a Lowe's credit limit increase. DoNotPay saves you hours on the phone with a customer service representative, submitting a request letter to Lowe's on your behalf. Credit limit increases don't have to be stressful or time-consuming - with DoNotPay, asking for and receiving a Lowe's credit limit increase is easy, giving you more time to work on your home projects.