Is InmateAid Legit? DoNotPay Has the Answers You Need!
When you have a loved one or a friend who ends up in jail or prison, you might not know where they are or a good way to contact them. It can be challenging to get a phone call or send a letter, but you know they want to hear from you. You need to locate them and reconnect. However, there is a crop of services that claim to be able to help you, but it's hard to know who you can trust.
You've heard of one company, but you need to know if InmateAid is a legit company and can help you connect with an inmate. While InmateAid has helped some people locate inmates and reach out to them, they also have a reputation for reporting on inmates that aren't incarcerated and never have been, which makes the service overall unreliable.
This won't work for you, so you're back to square one. DoNotPay is ready to step up and help you.
What Is InmateAid?
InmateAid is an online service to find and connect with an inmate in the United States. This web portal claims to be able to do a variety of things, including:
- Locate an incarcerated person
- Send items, such as:
- Funds for their inmate account
- Phone calls
How Does InmateAid Work?
InmateAid works with you providing information about the incarcerated person. If you want to send something, you can make arrangements through their portal. You can also use the portal to make phone calls.
Does InmateAid Charge a Fee?
Yes, InmateAid charges a monthly fee for phone calls. Your cost is determined by the type of prison, and you're limited to a certain number of minutes:
|Type of Prison||Fee||Duration|
|Federal prisons||$5 per month(400 minutes a month during November and December)||maximum of 300 minutes|
|ICE Detention, local jails, and state prisons||$19.95 per month||up to 1,000 minutes|
If you have a loved one in prison, you already have an emotional and mental burden. Don’t add the worry of being scammed to your concerns. Get the help of a trusted professional to connect with an inmate so you don’t lose your money and your peace.
DoNotPay Can Help You Connect With an Inmate!
Now that you know InmateAid is not legit, you wonder if there's a better way to connect with a friend or family member who is in a jail or prison facility. It can be challenging to find out where your friend or family member is incarcerated and reach out to them through the mail or for a visit.
You don’t have to wonder why it's so complicated to reach them. DoNotPay is your easy way.
In five short steps, DoNotPay can help you connect with an inmate:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive for your loved one!
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Help You Connect With an Inmate
With so many services vying to help you connect with an inmate, it's hard to know which one to trust. You worry that they're trying to rip you off, and your friend or loved one won't receive a letter or other items. There are three reasons to trust DoNotPay with this task:
- It's easy! You can connect with your loved one in a few simple steps.
- It's fast! You don’t have to wait long hours or fill up long forms.
- It's successful! DoNotPay has been tried and tested by many satisfied customers. It surely isn’t a scam. Experience the same success yourself.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies, Entities, and Groups With the Click of a Button
It seems like each week a new website or app pops up promising to help you take care of everyday tasks or especially challenging chores, but you have no idea if these are legit companies or out to scam you in some way. It's essential that you stay vigilant and know who you're dealing with before providing any information that someone can use in a risky way.
However, it's also hard to know who you can trust for accurate information about these companies. DoNotPay wants to be your trusted partner in determining the websites and apps you can trust. Here are a few to get you started:
- Experian Boost reviews
- Equifax free credit report review
- FormSwift reviews
- Lifelock reviews
- Fastweb reviews
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
After you discover how easy it is to connect with a family member or friend in prison using DoNotPay, you'll be curious about other ways the app can help you. The app can partner with you to perform a variety of tasks. You'll find yourself relying on DoNotPay each time a new chore arises. Check out a few of these to get you started:
- Generate the necessary paperwork to sue someone or a business in small claims court
- Arrange your next DMV appointment to skip the lines
- Locate programs to help you with bills
- Register for free trials of subscription programs and avoid future charges
Use DoNotPay to connect with an inmate today!