Credit Limit Increase: Ross Card Guide to Maximizing Department Store Cards
There are various reasons people seek a credit limit increase. Perhaps people are looking to spend on something essential and it could be a big purchase. Others may be eyeing a credit limit increase as a way to raise their credit score. Whether it is a bank credit card or a store card, a credit increase is definitely a good thing.
Whatever the reason, it is important that people have the ability to request a credit limit increase if they need one. DoNotPay can help you get the credit limit increase you need.
How Can One Qualify for A Credit Limit Increase?
Not anyone who asks for a credit limit increase will receive one. The credit issuer will have to make a decision based on multiple factors about the creditworthiness of the person applying for a credit limit increase.
They will look at the following factors:
- The borrowers previous credit history (via their credit score)
- The borrower's current income
- The borrower's debt-to-income ratio
- The borrower's history of paying on time on their Ross card specifically
Each one of these factors weighs heavily into the decision that the people at Ross will make. They will review your profile carefully and determine if a credit limit increase makes sense.
Factors to Consider Before Requesting a Credit Limit Increase
You might think that it is always a good time to ask for a credit limit increase. After all, who wouldn't want to have the ability to spend even more money on their credit card if they have the option? However, there are times when this simply doesn't make a lot of sense to do. For example:
Timing of the request
It is not ideal to request an increase if your income is not able to keep up with additional credit payments.
Hard Credit inquiry
Your credit score may take a hit if Ross performs a hard credit inquiry against your account to determine your credit history.
Current credit history
If you are already struggling to meet your current credit obligations, then now may not be the right time to ask for even more credit.
While you definitely need to consider some factors before making a request for a limit increase, don't think that you can't do it. In fact, many people who believed that they would not qualify for an increase were happily surprised when they did qualify by using DoNotPay.
Requesting an Increase By Using DoNotPay
If you want to request higher credit limits but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the product on DoNotPay.
- Select which type of card you own and your credit provider.
- Tell us more about your card, such as when you first created this card, your current credit limit, what you would like your new limit to be, your card number, and whether you've missed past payments.
- Tell us more about your current income and expenses and why you would like to request a limit increase.
- Indicate whether you want to allow hard inquiries to be made into your credit history. Upload a copy of your ID and provide your e-signature
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will deliver the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the card provider with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
Use DoNotPay to Help Identify Account Restrictions
There could be reasons that you have not qualified for a credit limit increase that have nothing to do with your credit score or history. Some of the reasons why requests get denied include:
- The account has not been open long enough (many require at least a 60 day waiting period)
- There are delinquent payments on the account
- There has been suspicious activity on the account
These are roadblocks that may be put up by credit card companies, but DoNotPay can help you navigate them. While the companies may stick very hard to certain regulations (such as the minimum length of account), there are other things that are more flexible. DoNotPay helps you make more informed decisions going forward.
Why People Trust DoNotPay
If you are not already convinced, you should know that plenty of people have put their trust in DoNotPay to help them get their credit limits lifted because they have seen the results. DoNotPay is known to:
- treat you as more than just a credit score
- work across all credit card companies
- know which approaches to take to truly get results for their users
You don't have to struggle with the credit card companies to get a any longer. You can trust DoNotPay to help make these issues go away for you, and in doing that, you are helping yourself to a better credit score and access to more credit.