Find Your Lost Dog Fort Worth or Report a Lost-And-Found Pet With Ease Using DoNotPay
Losing your beloved pet is devastating, not to mention the psychological distress the pet undergoes after losing its way home. About one in three pets are reported lost in the US, and over 10 million get lost or stolen every year. The Coalition for Reuniting Pets and Families indicates that less than 23% of find their way home.
If you lost your Fido or cat, these are worrying statistics, but you need not fret anymore. DoNotPay has you covered. We provide an easy, fast, and reliable means of reporting your lost dog or cat by helping you submit your furry friend's details to your local government's directory, increasing your chances of reuniting with them.
Steps to Take When You’ve Lost Your Pet
After , you typically have a 90% chance of finding them the same day. But what happens if you've searched the entire house and compound and there are no signs of them? Well, after the first day, the probability of reunification dwindles to 60%, and that's when you start to worry. But there are measures you can take to find your lost dog.
|Narrow down your search radius||Based on how you know your pet's behavior, it's easier to determine the search radius to ease your search. To help know where to search, ask yourself questions like:
|Start your search within the area where you lost them||If you've not yet found them, start searching for your cat within the area where they went missing. Below are some tips to increase your chances of retrieving them:
|File a report of your missing Fido or cat||Contact your local animal shelters, animal control, and pet rescue facilities and report your lost dog. They can help, especially if a stranger delivers your missing dog to the center as a lost-and-found pet.|
Alternatively, use Petco Love Lost to file a report online in the national database. People also post photos of lost-and-found dogs on the website, and you just might find your missing furry friend on the list.
How to Report Your Lost Pet to Fort Worth Animal Control
- You can file a lost pet report through the animal care database by filling in your pet's details on the form provided by PetHarbor. Enter your zip code on the left section of the form to get started with your report.
- People who've bumped into loose pets also use the database system to report the stray dogs and cats spotted away from home. It would be best also to review the lost-and-found section to increase your odds of reuniting with yours.
Otherwise, you can take advantage of social media to create awareness among residents of Fort Worth about your lost dog. On Facebook, the "Lost & Found Pets of Fort Worth" is an excellent place to start. You can upload your pet's photos and include a short description of them, including your name and contact information. You can also browse the page in search of any post from someone who might have uploaded a photo of your lost-and-found Fido or kitty.
Can’t File a Report on Your Lost Dog? Leverage DoNotPay to Help You Find Lost Dogs Fort Worth
It's frustrating to lose your animal companion. It only worsens when you don't understand where to start . You can avoid the hassle and increase your chances of finding them by using DoNotPay.
We are your online robotic lawyer, ready to advocate for you and help you file and submit your lost dog report. Instead of going through that frustration alone, DoNotPay provides an easy, fast, and reliable means of reporting your lost furry friend in three simple steps:
- Search "lost and found pets" on DoNotPay, and select whether you're reporting a lost pet or a pet you've found.
- Enter the date and location you lost or found the pet and tell us more about them, including the breed, gender, whether they are wearing a collar, approximate size, and more.
- Upload evidence a photo of the pet, so they can be identified, and enter your current contact information where you can be contacted with updates.
And that's it!