Understand Wyoming Home School Laws With DoNotPay
Wyoming regulates homeschools fairly heavily, but this does not mean that homeschooling is out of reach—follow the rules, and nothing should stand in the way of you giving your child the best education possible from home.
DoNotPay has all the info you need on Wyoming home school laws—your homeschooling journey begins here!
- Adhering to a standard set of subjects
- Submitting an annual curriculum
- Informing your school district
Under Wyoming homeschooling laws, every child has to be taught a fixed set of core subjects at the elementary level, after which the high school requirements are:
|Subject||Minimum Teaching Period After Elementary School|
|Science||Three years, one year of which can be computer science|
Homeschooling in Wyoming does not require testing for graduation, although you may want to check your child’s eligibility for a college education without a GED.
Many colleges and employers will require transcripts of education for each year, but Wyoming homeschooling parents can create their own ones, assign credits, and determine graduation criteria.
For each year of homeschooling, you have to submit a:
- Curriculum summary
- List of the teaching materials to be used
This has to be submitted to your school district in advance, and any mid-year changes should be communicated before they are implemented.
As a homeschool teacher, you don’t have to keep records of what you have done, but it is a good idea to record:
- Lessons taught and lesson plans used
- Attendance and school hours
- Milestones achieved
You must submit a notification of your intent to homeschool every year.
The most important things you need to prepare before you begin homeschooling your child are your:
To set up your curriculum, you have two basic options:
- Designing your own
- Buying a ready-made program
Depending on your confidence as a subject expert and as a teacher, you can build your own curriculum around the required core subjects.
This gives you the freedom to:
- Assign timetables according to your availability
- Take account of your child’s learning and subject preferences
- Use a range of teaching methods
You need to make sure your curriculum is detailed enough to satisfy your school district when you submit it before each school year, but designing your own curriculum means your homeschooling is truly tailored to your child’s needs and wishes.
Numerous providers offer comprehensive ready-made curriculums, including lesson plans, support material, and all the content you need.
When choosing your off-the-shelf curriculum, you should take account of the:
- Teaching methodology it favors versus your child’s preferred learning style
- Subjects covered and balance between disciplines
- Cost of the curriculum
Ready-made curriculums are far more convenient than DIY ones, but you may sacrifice some of the latitude in teaching methods and approaches a bespoke curriculum can give you. You may also need to get help with teaching subjects you are not comfortable with.
Before you start homeschooling in Wyoming, you have to inform your school district of your intention.
- The name, address, and school grade of the student
- Details of each parent, including contact numbers
- Your curriculum plan for the current year
If you get any of the details wrong, your notice of intent will be considered non-compliant and your child may end up being accused of truancy.
DoNotPay doesn’t want this to happen, so we can help you create the perfect letter of intent in a few clicks!
DoNotPay is here to make homeschooling your child as easy as possible!
We can get you over the first hurdle in the process by generating your letter of intent as required by Wyoming law.
In a few seconds, we can generate a fully compliant letter and even send it automatically if you choose!
Here’s how to set your letter up:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay in your web browser
- Go to our Notice of Intent to Homeschool feature
- Answer a few on-screen questions to submit your details
That’s all you need—your letter will be ready in an instant!
Do you believe you may have some missing assets? Use DoNotPay’s nifty product before the government claims them! Have you ever wanted to enter sweepstakes without purchasing anything? Our app will sign you up for them instantly! Trying to figure out how to reduce your property taxes or utility bills? DoNotPay can show you the way. Want to avoid getting charged for free trials that never fail to auto-renew into paid subscriptions? We’ll help you cancel them before they expire.
Anything else you may need? Check out how our app can:
- Create legal documents, including marital settlement agreements and powers of attorney
- Jump the phone queue when reaching out to customer service
- Discover and apply you for no-essay scholarships
- Help you apply for any clinical trial hassle-free
- Help you contact government representatives
- File an item return request in your stead
- Draft a notice of intent to homeschool
- Get you a chargeback or refund
- Appeal any banned account
It doesn’t stop there—DoNotPay can help you send a defamation demand letter, create passport photos, get gift card cash back, get any document notarized, request access to public records, claim insurance and warranty, request a college application fee waiver, appeal parking tickets, and much more.
Sign up now to get access to any of our products for one low monthly fee!