Easy to Follow Wyoming Car Registration Renewal Guide
If you wish to operate your vehicle in Wyoming, you must have valid registration from the DMV office in the state. The initial registration expires in three years and renewals are after every 12 months. Failure to renew your registration may lead to hefty fines or jail time. DoNotPay can help with the Wyoming car registration renewal and eliminate the long wait hours at the DMV office.
While you can visit a DMV office in person for a vehicle registration renewal, you may have to wait for long hours, experience difficulties calculating your fees, or fail to have all your documents in order. DoNotPay gives you the convenience of renewing your registration online without long forms to fill in or lengthy wait times. Below is a guide on the traditional way to pay for your Wyoming car registration and a cheaper method with DoNotPay.
How Do I Renew My Car Registration in Wyoming?
The State of Wyoming requires all vehicles to have their current registration on file. Your county treasurer will mail you the registration renewal notice a month before the current registration expires.
You do not need the notice to renew your registration. However, some counties require the PIN on the registration renewal notice for online renewals. You may contact your local county office if you believe your registration renewal is due and you have not received a notice.
Renew your Wyoming car registration in person
To renew your car's registration in person, you should visit the local county clerk's office with proper documentation. You will then be given a form to fill in your personal information, address, car's registration number, or the pin that came with the renewal notice.
Renew your Wyoming car registration online
Here is the process for renewing your car registration online in counties that offer the service.
- Visit the official website of the county where you registered your car. (In this case, we use Lincoln County) https://www.lcwy.org/government/treasurer/motor_vehicle.php
- Navigate to the department of transport page
- Locate the Online registration renewal link on the page https://services.lcwy.org/iReg/
- Input the PIN you got from the mailed renewal notice and then click search
- When the notice appears in the search result, click the link
- Fill in the popup form with your personal details as required (They include the name, address, and security code).
- Click next to fill in your credit card information
- Finish the registration renewal by clicking okay
This process may change from one county to the other. After the renewal, give the county up to three days to process your request. You will be emailed the registration certificate along with the tabs you filled out online for confirmation.
How Much Does it Cost to Renew Your Car Registration?
Here is the cost you need to pay for vehicle registration renewal in Wyoming.
- Passenger $30
- Trucks & Trailers $5 - $90 (determined by weight)
- Motorcycles $25
- Commercial $198 - $1,400 (determined by weight)
These charges are for Natrona County. You may get different figures for other counties.
What Do I Need To Renew My Car Registration In Wyoming?
If you are renewing your car's registration in person, you need the following:
- Proof of the current auto insurance policy
- Your current car registration certificate, your license plate number, or the registration renewal notice of your current registration
- The required payment. (you may pay with card, check, money order, or cash)
- If your car weighs over 55,000 pounds, bring the IRS form 2290 or a copy of it
On the other hand, you need the following to renew your car registration online in Wyoming.
- Your name and security code
- Your debit or credit card number
- Your address or the address where you want the registration mailed
- The PIN on your renewal notice (You should check with your county if this is a requirement.)
How Often Do You Need to Renew Your Car Registration in Wyoming?
Your initial car registration is valid for three years. Once it expires, you will need to renew it yearly. Plates also expire on the last day of the expiration month. Unfortunately, Wyoming does not have a grace period for car registration. You may be fined up to five times the renewal fee if caught driving a vehicle without a valid registration certificate.
Renew Your Car Registration Easily With the Help of DoNotPay
Renewing your car's registration in Wyoming is a long, tiring process. If you go to the county offices in person, you will likely contend with long lines and slow service. You may also forget some documents and end up going back home to fetch them.
On the other hand, the online process may be faced with downtimes, problems getting your renewal notice on the website, and issues completing the payment. All these may cause you to repeat the process, wasting time, and leaving you frustrated.
How to renew your car registration using DoNotPay?
If you would like to renew your car registration but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make, and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options).
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
Why Use DoNotPay to Renew Your Car Registration in Wyoming?
Unlike the traditional method of renewing your car's registration in person or via online portals, the DoNotPay service offers such benefits as follows:
- Fast: It takes a far shorter time than doing it yourself.
- Easy: There are no tedious forms to fill in or a requirement to keep track of all steps you take when doing online renewals.
- Successful: We guarantee successful car registration renewal without any additional effort from your side.
You can use DoNotPay for car registration renewals across the 50 states as follows:
DoNotPay is the hub for solving car registration issues and eliminating delays to avoid fines or disruption of the ability to drive your car on public roads.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help solve various other issues with ease, including:
- Schedule a fast DMV appointment
- Dispute any seatbelt ticket
- Notarize any document
- Deal with speed and parking tickets
Renewing your car's registration should not be long and tedious. Sign up at DoNotPay to complete the task fast and conveniently.