How to Easily Pay Your Houston Water Bill
When it comes to paying your bills, the process isn't always the smoothest. Paying your Houston Water bill can come with its own challenges.
When you are trying to pay your bill, you may face several problems. For example, you could get stuck waiting on hold on the phone trying to pay your bill. Your mailed check could not make it to its final destination. Or, you could have issues logging into the website portal to pay your bill.
There is a simple solution to all your billing needs. DoNotPay has a simple bill-paying solution that will take most of the work off your back, saving you lots of time.
How Do I Pay My Recurring Houston Water Bills?
There are four main ways to pay your Houston water bill. If you are close to having your water shut off, make sure to reach out to the city office to make sure this doesn't happen.
Pay Bills Online
- Somewhere on your bill, there should be a website listed to pay your bill online.
- Go to that website and create an account if you haven't.
- Then, log in and provide the information requested. You will likely need your account number.
- Make sure to have your credit card handy, so you have everything together to make the process faster.
Pay Bills by Phone
- When you receive your bill, there should be a phone number listed for you to call to make a payment over the phone.
- Call that number, wait on hold for someone to pick up, and then give them the details they ask for.
- The details will likely include your name, account number, the amount due, and how you will be paying.
- Once you are done, you can hang up and then repeat each time the bill is due.
Pay Bills at City Hall
- You also have an option to go to City Hall to pay your bill. This can be done during building hours or after hours.
- If you want to go while they are open, go during the following hours:
- 7:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m. Monday-Thursdays
- 7:30 a.m.-11:15 a.m. on Fridays
- You can also drop off your sealed envelope with your bill tearaway stub after hours in the dropbox.
Pay Bills by Mail
- When you get a bill in the mail, it generally comes with an additional prepaid envelope inside, along with a tearaway piece of the bill.
- On the tearaway piece, you can fill out your information and put in credit card information if you are paying that way.
- If you want to pay by check, you need to completely and accurately fill out a check and put it and the tearaway piece into the provided envelope.
- If there is no provided envelope, you need to get one, fill it out, add a stamp, and mail it out.
- It is best to take your envelope directly to the post office to ensure it goes out as quickly as possible.
How Do I Lower My Houston Water Bills?
There are three main suggestions for lowering your Houston water bills.
- Sign up for recurring payments through DoNotPay, so you don't have to worry about fees for late payments.
- Check for an autopay option and see if it will offer you a lower rate.
- Call your water company and try to negotiate a lower rate.
How Can I Keep Track of My Automatic Payments Easily?
Trying to remember to make all your payments each month can be difficult, so switch to automated payments and take away some of the stress. DoNotPay offers a service for you to set up recurring payments, and then we handle the rest. This means we handle any issues that come up, leaving you more time to do everything else you need.
If you want to set up recurring check payments but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Bill Pay product on DoNotPay.
- Connect a bank account if you haven't already.
- Schedule recurring or one-time payments by entering the person you want to address the check to, the payment amount, and their mailing address.
- Customize the payment with a PDF attachment, image, and memo.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will mail the check on your behalf, and make sure it gets sent each recurring period if you set up recurring payments. You can always return to the product to delete or add new payments.
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve Your Houston Water Bill Issues
There are many reasons why you should use DoNotPay for your billing needs. Here are some examples:
- Once you set up your accounts and all your bills with DoNotPay, you can step away from it and use the saved time elsewhere.
- It is extremely easy to set up your account.
- You can trust DoNotPay to handle all your bills.
DoNotPay Helps You With All Bills
Utility bills aren't the only financial tasks that DoNotPay can handle. Here are some examples of other tasks that DoNotPay can help you with.
- HOA fees
- Subscription services
Here is a list of some companies DoNotPay can help automate your bills for:
|Pay by Plate (MA)||Alabama Power|
|GA Power||Duke Energy|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Here are some more examples of tasks that DoNotPay can handle for you.
- Cancel subscriptions or services
- Find money for you that hasn't been claimed
- Make appeals against parking tickets
- Deal with chargebacks or refunds
- Handle credit card issues
Join DoNotPay today to see how we can improve your bill-paying experience.