Deciphering the Working Tourist Visa for Australia
If you finally got the opportunity to visit the Land Down Under and earn some money during your trip, it is time to apply for a working tourist visa for Australia.
With this type of visa, you can take part in the Working Holiday Maker Program created for college graduates and young people from all around the world.
In this article, DoNotPay explains how to obtain an Australian working tourist visa—from requirements to the application process.
Yes, it is. If you are from 18 to 30 years of age and a U.S. passport holder, you can apply for a working tourist visa. Much like an Australian tourist visa, this visa allows you to stay in Australia for 12 months.
Note there are two types of working holiday visas depending on your country:
- Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462)
- Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417)
As a U.S. citizen, you are eligible for a Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462).
The requirements for a working tourist Australian visa depend on whether you are applying for the working holiday visa for the first time. Check out the details in the table below:
|The Number of Visa Applications||Requirements||Cost||Stay|
|First working holiday visa||
|Second working holiday visa||
Critical COVID-19 work
|Third working holiday visa||
To obtain work and holiday and any Australian visa, you will also have to meet character requirements. That means you will have to pass a character test defined by section 501 of the Migration Act 1958.
To apply for an Australian working tourist visa, you should follow these steps:
- Open the Immigration and Citizenship web page on the Australian Department of Home Affairs website
- Click on Visas and select Getting a Visa
- Tap on List of All Visas
- Find the Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)
- Select the visa you want to apply for—First, second, or third
- Hit Apply
- Create an ImmiAccount
- Complete the application form
After that, you will have to wait for the response between two weeks and 40 days. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, processing time may be longer—sometimes even up to five months—so make sure you apply for your visa on time.
Since January 21, 2021, anyone who travels to Australia or transitions through this country has to:
- Have a negative PCR test not older than 72 hours
- Wear a mask on all international flights and in airports
- Stay in quarantine for at least 14 days—You may need to pay the cost of your quarantine
To get more information about the COVID-19 restrictions and work and holiday visa for Australia, you can contact the Australian Department of Home Affairs by dialing +61 2 6196 0196.
To streamline your visa application process, you should turn to DoNotPay. Our app will provide you with reliable information about Australian visa requirements, costs, and more! All it takes is a few clicks!
To receive help from our app, you will have to:
- Create a DoNotPay account
- Navigate to the Tourist Visa Guide product
- Confirm that you are a U.S. citizen or a U.S. passport owner
- Type in the name of the country you want to go to
We will check if you need a tourist visa for your trip. In case you do, we will present you with a list of documents you need for a successful application.
Helping you receive the right info is not the only thing DoNotPay can do. We can send you a direct link to the visa application form or a PDF version. If you are not sure whether you can apply for a visa online or not, we can contact the embassy of the country you are traveling to and check that for you.
Our Tourist Visa Guide product can help you with the tourist visa application for all countries, including the following:
|New Zealand||Fiji||Papua New Guinea|
Are you looking for additional assistance from our app? We’re happy to inform you that DoNotPay provides you with a number of useful tools that you can use to complete mundane tasks in the blink of an eye! Sign up for our app and let us help you get:
- Free trials with no hidden charges
- Complaint letters to send to your noisy neighbors
- Copyright protection
- Personalized legal documents
- Tourist visas for any country
- Virtual credit cards
- College fee waivers
- Gift card cash back in any U.S. state
- Late, lost, or damaged delivery refunds
- Passport photos at home
- Sweepstake or giveaway entries
You don’t have to struggle to figure out how to resolve financial problems yourself when you have our app at your disposal. In only a few clicks, you’ll be able to discover any unclaimed money under your name, submit insurance and warranty claims, or request compensation for delayed flights.
But that is not all! Lowering your utility bills, appealing parking tickets, or canceling memberships and subscriptions is also something you can do in no time and with minimum effort if you use DoNotPay! Work smarter, not harder!