3 Things You Didn’t Know About Window Rebates
Do you know you can save money on your window purchases? Regional utility companies give away 20% rebates to save on any window purchases. Besides saving money, your home gets to look good, more energy-efficient, and much safer when you have the right type of window.
What Are Window Rebates?
Energy Star Windows offers residents rebates for any replaced windows, doors, and skylight as a way to save money and be more energy-efficient. The windows don't just reduce heating and cooling costs in your home; they also get rid of drafts and make your home's temperature even.
The company offers rebates for;
|Door and window upgrades cost||$40 and $15|
You will get to replace your windows with those that are energy-efficient and high-performance. Eligible homeowners who want to save up can claim rebates in the following ways:
- Plan your upgrades by deciding on what type of installation you would like
- Choose a contract to help you install the windows. If you don't want a contractor, you can install them yourself
- Apply for rebates
Applications for rebates are open until 21st December 2022.
Who Is Eligible for Window Rebates
To be eligible for windows rebates, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a residential customer
- Submit the rebate application within six months of purchase
- The rebates are available for single-family homes or four-unit housing with meter
- Oblige to all the code of requirements
- Only one rebate is permitted per single-family home
- The rebates are only available for new equipment
How to Submit a Claim for Windows Rebates
Before applying for window energy rebates, you must have installed the windows and door with a BC licensed contractor.
You can apply for rebates in either one of the following ways:
Apply for Your Window Rebates Online
First, ensure that you have the following:
- An email
- Scanned copies of invoices
- A scanned copy of the installed window
- Copies of Stickers National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC)
- Measurements for each window that needs upgrading
Visit the login page on the PSE website; if you don't have an account, create one using your name and account number. Ensure you write your name as it appears on the invoice.
Once you are logged in, go ahead and fill in the application form and ensure you attach all the necessary documents.
Mail Application for Windows Rebate
Download the energy star window rebate form on the website. Fill out all the information and attach the necessary documents.
Send it to:
Puget Sound Energy/Energy Efficiency Rebates
PO Box 97034 BOT-01H
Bellevue, WA 98009-9734
Email the Application Form for Windows Rebate
Download the application form and fill out all the necessary information. Include the required documentation, then email it to email@example.com.
How to Track Windows Rebates
Once you have submitted your application form, the company will receive the paperwork and reach out in case of any missing information. If there are no mistakes, the company representatives will schedule a visit to inspect whether the windows were installed correctly.
You will receive your rebate check after eight weeks if everything checks out.
You can also track the progress of the rebates on energy-efficient windows through the following ways:
- Calling the Energy Advisor at 1-800-562-1482 any day between Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m
- Visiting the rebates website
How to Claim Window Rebate With the Help of DoNotPay
Claiming rebates on your own is challenging, given that you have to visit the company offices and fill out complicated forms. This is why most people never really claim them, to the benefit of the companies. Another challenge you may encounter when trying to claim your rebates is password setting to gain access to the online application portal.
DoNotPay provides you with an easy way out, so you can claim any rebates literally within minutes.
Here is how it works.
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
In those three simple steps, DoNotPay will file your rebate claim on your behalf, online or by mail, depending on your specific rebate campaign. Thereafter, you'll receive your rebate by check within 30 days or less.
Besides Window Rebates, DoNotPay Can Help You Claim Any Other Rebates, Including:
- Electronic devices
- Car accessories
- Food products
- Household items
- Amazon products
What Else Can DoNotPay do?
Besides claiming window rebates, DoNotPay can help you claim Menards rebates, mass-save rebates, Micheline tire rebates, and Macy's rebates without much effort. Other services offered by DoNotPay include:
- Helping you claim for new car rebates
- Help you get rebates from Verizon care center
- Help you reduce property taxes
- Help you file Goodyear tire rebates claims within a short time