Remove Williams and Fudge From Your Credit Report
Whether applying for a new credit card, setting up a mobile phone or utility service, or seeking an auto or home loan, making sure that you've got a stellar credit score is essential for reaching your goals. If you have entries on your credit report from , these entries could harm your chances of getting the funding you need. The good news is that it's often possible to dispute charges from collection agencies.
Companies like are known for making frequent reporting errors. Many of these entities also fail to adhere to regulations that are meant to protect the rights and interests of consumers. Popular among DoNotPay subscribers, the Clean Credit Report product is designed to make it easy to fix your credit score. With Clean Credit Report, you can learn how to:
- Remove inquiries from your credit report
- Remove late payments from your credit report
- Remove collections from your credit report
By identifying solid reasons to dispute debts that you aren't responsible for or that have been misreported, DoNotPay can show you how to improve your credit score in no time at all.
What Is Williams and Fudge?
Founded in 1986, is a third-party debt collection agency that focuses solely on student loans and student receivables. If you have an entry on your credit report, it's likely for a:
- Nursing loan
- Health profession loan
- Campus-based institutional loan
- Perkins loan
Williams and Fudge also collects debt for unpaid library fines, on-campus parking tickets, tuition, and other student receivables. Contact information for Williams and Fudge:
|Website||Williams and Fudge Website|
|Mailing Address||300 Chatham Ave
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Common Reasons to Dispute an Entry on Your Credit Report From Williams and Fudge
Third-party debt collectors like Williams and Fudge buy debts from companies that have been unable to collect them on their own. By law, these entities are required to send debt validation letters to all consumers they are attempting to collect from. Moreover, these letters must be sent within five days of having made initial contact. A debt validation letter lets you know:
- The name of the company where the debt in question originated
- How much you are now being asked to pay
- What you can do if you want to dispute credit report entries from Williams and Fudge
If you did not receive a debt validation letter from Williams and Fudge or if this letter was lacking any of the information above, you have a solid reason for disputing the information they've provided to credit reporting bureaus.
What You Should Know About Your Rights as a Consumer Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
The requirements for debt validation letters are outlined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The Fair Credit Reporting Act protects the rights of consumers by making it unlawful for third-party debt collection agencies to misreport financial information. Thus, other infractions that justify a credit dispute include:
- Personally identifying information that's incorrect
- A debt amount that conflicts with the amount you believe you owe
- Illegal collection fees
You also have the right to dispute credit report entries from any third-party debt collection agency that reports your debt multiple times or that reports a closed account as being open.
How to Dispute an Entry on Your Credit Report From Williams and Fudge
The very first step in resolving any dispute that you have with an entry on your credit report is by contacting the company that made the entry. You can contact Williams and Fudge by mail, phone, or fax. When doing so, be sure to:
- Clearly state the reason for your dispute
- Send copies of the documents that support your dispute and maintain the originals for your records
- Keep copies of all fax transmission reports or return receipts for certified mail
Sue Williams and Fudge for an Unresolved Credit Dispute or Other Legal Missteps
The FCRA grants you the right to sue third-party collection agencies that fail to adhere to its guidelines. Countless consumers have successfully taken large corporations like AT&T and Comcast to small claims court using the DoNotPay Sue Now product. If you're tired of waiting for Williams and Fudge to respond to your complaints, let DoNotPay advance your issue by taking legal action on your behalf.
Next Steps if You're Having a Hard Time Dealing With Williams and Fudge on Your Own
Your first step in resolving any credit dispute with Williams and Fudge is to contact the company directly. According to FCRA regulations, collection agencies have just 30 days to:
- Reinvestigate your debt
- Respond to your complaint
- Provide a suitable resolution
- Report your debt as disputed
Much like failing to send out debt validation letters, failing to do any of these things constitutes an FCRA violation. The good news is that there is federal support available. This is provided by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). You can contact CFBP here:
|Phone Number||(855) 411-2372|
|Mailing Address||Consumer Financial Protection Bureau PO Box 27170
Washington, DC 20038
|Email or Contact Form||Email Portal|
You also have the option of contacting the three main credit reporting bureaus directly to ask that they remove your disputed debt. When doing so:
- Share copies of all correspondence with Williams and Fudge
- Clearly state your reasons for disputing the credit report entry
- Send your request by certified mail and request a return receipt
- Retain all original documents from William and Fudge in case further legal action provides necessary
How to Get in Touch With the Three Main Credit Reporting Bureaus
Experian, Equifax, and Transunion are the three main credit reporting bureaus. You'll need to contact each of these companies individually. If you choose to send a credit dispute letter to any of these companies by fax, be sure to keep a copy of the full transmission report. You can contact them here:
|Credit Bureaus||Phone Number||Mailing Address|
|Equifax||(866) 349-5191||Equifax Information Services LLC, P.O. Box 740256, Atlanta, GA 30348|
|Experian||(888) 397-3742||Experian, P.O. Box 4500, Allen, TX 75013|
|TransUnion||(800) 916-8800||TransUnion LLC Consumer Dispute Center, P.O. Box 2000, Chester, PA 19016|
Let DoNotPay Handle Your Credit Dispute With Williams and Fudge
There's no easier way to dispute a credit report entry from Williams and Fudge than by using DoNotPay. The Clean Credit Report product is designed to help consumers identify and address FCRA violations and fix their credit scores by negotiating "Pay-to-Delete" arrangements when appropriate. When you use DoNotPay, you don't have to spend weeks waiting for collection agencies and credit reporting bureaus to respond. How to clean up your credit report using DoNotPay:
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more.
DoNotPay Works Across All Agencies, Bureaus and Other Entities With Just One Click
Cleaning up your credit report will likely be a multi-step process. If you have entries on your credit report from multiple third-party collection agencies, DoNotPay can help you deal with all of them. As the world's first and most powerful robot lawyer, DoNotPay works across all agencies, bureaus, and other entities with just one click.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help?
Clearing up credit issues with debt collection agencies like is just one way DoNotPay can make your life easier. DoNotPay can help you:
- Draft and submit appeal letters for financial aid
- Find and contact agencies that will help you with your past-due bills
- Cancel subscriptions that you no longer wish to pay for
Sign up for DoNotPay now to start saving time and money, solving complicated issues, and finding outstanding opportunities.