Stop Debt Collectors from Whyte & Co Bailiffs Fast
Whyte & Co bailiffs and debt collectors manage debts on behalf of various lenders. The company also buys off debts at a discount. You may receive a call from Whyte & Co bailiffs and debt collectors requesting you to clear your debt. While the calls can be annoying, you should not ignore them.
Either respond to the calls on your own or through the automated DoNotPay platform. If you do it on your own, the process is usually long and tedious. However, the DoNotPay simplifies the process into three steps.
DoNotPay also helps you in solving issues relating to Moorcroft Debt Recovery, DWP Debt Management, Lowell Financial, Advantis Debt Collection, Marston Group Holdings, Amigo Loans, and Provident Loans refund
Who Is 0800 368 8231, and Why Are They Calling Me?
The number 0800 368 8231 belongs to Whyte & Co bailiffs and debt collectors. Whyte & Co was established in 1981 to offer debt management services in the UK. If you received a call from them, chances are that you have an overdue debt. The company is, therefore, calling you:
- To remind you that you still have not paid the loan
- To inform you that a loan with a previous creditor has been transferred to them
- To make a formal notification of their intention to recover the full amount owed to them
- To harass you into paying the loan
Whatever the reason, calls from Whyte & Co can be annoying. They either put you on automatic calls or assign agents to call you now and then. The best thing to do when they call is to stay calm and request for a written communication explaining why they are calling you.
If you ignore their calls, Whyte & Co bailiffs and debt collectors can sue you in the County Court. If they win the case, they can get an order to confiscate your assets to offset the debt. The debt collector may also cause the downgrading of your credit score making it difficult for you to access credit in future.
|Whyte & Co Contact Information|
|Mailing Address||7 White Oak Square
London Road, Swanley
Kent BR8 7AG
Is Whyte & Co Bailiffs Debt Collectors a Scam?
No. Whyte & Co is a legitimate debt collection company that should not be ignored.
What Happens if I Don't Pay My Debt to Whyte & Co?
Once you receive a call or any other form of contact from Whyte & Co bailiffs and debt collectors, you should:
- Request a written report about the debt
- Respond to the report or letter in 30 days
- Either pay the debt or request for a repayment plan
If you choose to ignore the calls, you only complicate the situation. Ignoring a legitimate debt collection agency risks being sued in a County Court, downgrading of your credit score, and confiscation of your assets to offset the debt.
Has Whyte & Co Bailiffs and Debt Collectors Violated My Rights?
A debt collector is not allowed by law to call and show up at your place of work without your consent. Whyte & Co bailiffs and debt collectors would, therefore, violate your rights if they call you during working hours or show up at your workplace.
The debt collector is also prohibited from confiscating your assets to offset a debt, which was not secured with the asset. The only time a debt collector can attach your assets is through a court order. Any other impounding of assets is a violation of your rights as a debtor. In addition, a debt collector should not harass you with phone calls after you have requested a debt validation.
Alternative Ways to Resolve Complaints With Whyte & Co
If you feel that your rights have been violated by Whyte & Co bailiffs and debt collectors, you can:
- Resolve the issue using available dispute resolution mechanisms
- Raise the issue with the Financial Ombudsman
- Report the agency to the Financial Conduct Authority
- Move to the small claims court
Contact the Company
Whyte & Co has its dispute solving mechanisms that can be utilized by dissatisfied with its clients. You can use the contact details provided in the table above.
Use the Office of the Financial Ombudsman
The office of the financial ombudsman acts as an extension of the alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. It helps you to solve the issues at hand amicably. Contact the ombudsman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Conduct Authority
The Financial Conduct Authority is the regulating body of debt collectors. If you feel the debt collector has violated your rights, you can report them to the regulator at email@example.com.
The Small Claims Court
If the dispute is above £10,000, you can have the matter adjudicated at the small claim court.
How Long Can Debt Collectors Collect Debt From Me?
According to the statute of limitation, you can only be followed for six years. If the debt has been around for more than six years, a debt collector cannot enforce payment.
How to Make a Payment to Whyte & Co
You can make payments to Whyte & Co through the online payment platform.
How to Get Debt Payment Assistance
You can get debt payment assistance by applying for Debt Relief Orders. A debt relief order helps you to:
- Stop the debt collector from harassing you
- Writing off the debt after twelve months
Solve All Issues Relating to Whyte & Co Bailiffs and Debt Collectors With DoNotPay
DoNotPay provides a simplified way of solving issues related to debt collection. With DoNotPay, you do not have to draft letters or contact government agencies on your own.
All you need to do is:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay not only helps you solve debt issues but also the following:
- File a case in small claims court
- Cancel unwanted subscriptions and services
- Get help with your credit cards
- Pay or dispute your traffic tickets
- Schedule a DMV appointment
- Get rid of your email spam forever
- Get help with bills you are having trouble paying
Sign up and get the legal help you need today.