How to Connect With an Inmate at Whiteville Correctional Facility
Whiteville Correctional Facility is a male-only private prison. The facility is managed by Corecivic, a private corrections management firm.
The center offers anger management, substance abuse treatment, group or individual counseling programs. In addition, the facility provides vocational programs like electric wiring, small engine repair, woodwork, and carpentry.
Contacting an incarcerated inmate can be tedious and emotionally taxing. Use DoNotPay to connect with an inmate at Whiteville Correctional Facility and help the inmate preserve their sense of self-worth.
Whiteville Correctional Facility Contact Information
The table below shows the contact information of the facility.
|Physical Address||Whiteville Correctional Facility
1440 Union Springs Road
Whiteville, TN 38075
|General Telephone number||+1 731-254-9400|
|Website||Whiteville Correctional Facility|
How Can I Contact an Inmate at Whiteville Correctional Facility?
You can contact an inmate at the facility using the following ways:
1. Scheduled Visits to the Premises
Visitors aged 16 and above should provide a photo ID document such as:
- School ID
- Work ID
- Social security card
- State issued card
- Driver's license
Upon arrival at the facility, the staff will subject you to a search. Also, before visiting the premises, ensure that:
- You are on the inmate's approval visit list,
- You have a photo ID document,
- Passed the visitation background check,
- Clear of any metallic clothes and shoes,
- Dressed in appropriate clothes and shoes.
2. Contact an Inmate via Telephone
The facility has partnered with ConnectNetwork, a Global Tel Link authorized service for e-payments. To access this service, create an account to collect calls from an inmate. ConnectNewtork provides two ways to fund the collect calls:
- Prepaid account - If you have an inmate at the facility, you are advised to open a prepaid account so that when the inmate calls you, the bill will be automatically deducted from the account.
- Inmate phone account - You can deposit funds to an inmate's account. The inmate can then call anyone on their approved calling list.
3. Send a Letter to an Inmate
The prison staff inspects all letters sent to and from the facility for security purposes. The facility has strict rules on the contents of a letter. Any violation of the rules can result in you getting suspended or banned from sending a letter to the institution. The following are the guidelines you should follow when sending a mail:
- The mail should have a return address.
- It should not have any sexual content like photos or use explicit words
- Pictures should not have polaroids and should not be larger than 8"x10",
- Write with a pen or pencil
- The message should be clear and concise
Below is the format you should use to ensure the inmate receives the mail.
Inmate Name/DOC Number
Whiteville Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 679
Whiteville, TN 38075
How to Send Money to an Inmate in Whiteville Correctional Facility
The facility works together with JPay to provide the best options of sending money to an inmate. Register with JPay to access the service. You can use either of the following methods to send money to an inmate:
1. Through phone
Send money to an inmate by phone by calling (800) 574-5729 and speaking to an automated live agent.
Open your JPay account to deposit money through a credit or debit card. The service attracts a transactional fee.
3. Walk-In Cash
You can deposit money at any MoneyGram agent. While at the office, you will submit an official ID, the inmate's full name, and DOC number.
4. Money Order
Download the money order deposit form from JPay and mail it to:
P.O. Box 279010
Miramar, FL 33027
Can I Send Packages to an Inmate at Whiteville Correctional Facility?
Contact the institution to know the prohibited items before sending a package to the institution. Some of the allowed commodities include personal hygiene items like soap, deodorant, and food items such as canned foods. The food items should weigh less than 35 pounds.
How to Get in Touch With an Inmate With the Help of DoNotPay
Contacting an inmate in a facility is a hectic and tedious process that requires serious follow-up. DoNotPay offers you a convenient way of communicating with an inmate using the following steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait for ten days for the letter to reach your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
DoNotPay is not only limited to helping you connect with an inmate at Whiteville correctional facility. We have partnered with service providers to offer you a host of other services. They include:
- Create Passport Photos
- Find Lost Airport Item
- Apply for building permits and licenses
- Participate in government test
Sign up to enjoy user-oriented services.