Where to Get a Divorce Certificate in DuPage County, Illinois, Fast
Divorce is always a complicated and stressful process, especially when attorneys and courts get involved. You are adjusting to your new reality, trying to get your finances together, and maybe figuring out how to co-parent and work simultaneously.
Once your divorce is complete, you need to get your divorce certificate and ensure that all the divorce facts are correct. Getting your divorce certificate by yourself can be a draining process, given that you are already going through so much. Read along to discover how DoNotPay can help you get your divorce certificate in DuPage County, Illinois.
Where to Get a Divorce Certificate in DuPage County, Illinois, by Yourself
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Division of Vital Records does not house copies of divorce certificates. You can get certified copies of divorce certificates from the DuPage County circuit court clerk. You will pay $5 to verify the facts of the dissolution of your marriage, and you can request the verification in person, by mail, or by fax.
How to Get Verification of Dissolution of Marriage in DuPage County, Illinois
To get verification of the specifics of the information on your divorce certificate, you will have to provide:
- Valid government-issued ID
- A filled-out application for verification of dissolution of marriage
Check out the table below for more information.
|Ordering For Verification By Mail||You should mail the completed application for dissolution of marriage to:
Illinois Department of Public Health
Division of Vital Records
925 E. Ridgely Ave.
Springfield, IL 62702-2737
Note that your mail will be processed in 4 to 6 weeks.
|Make An Order By Fax||You can fax your order to 217-523-2648. Remember to attach your application for verification of dissolution of marriage forms in PDF format. Alternatively, you can include the names of the divorced parties and the date and location of the divorce on the cover sheet of your application form.
You also need to provide the following information:
You may have to wait for up to seven business days to process your order. Incomplete applications will be declared invalid.
|Make The Order In Person||You can make an in-person order by dropping your order for mail out at the Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records office. It is worth noting that the person making an in-person order will be asked to show a copy of their government-issued ID.|
Get Your DuPage, IL Divorce Certificate With the Help of DoNotPay
As evidenced above, getting a copy of your DuPage divorce certificate can be a tiring and stressful process. You are already dealing with your divorce. The last thing you want is to add more stressors to your life.
This is where DoNotPay comes in. DoNotPay can help you get a DuPage County divorce certificate in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.*Please note: some states only allow people named on the certificate to apply.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued on.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay can help you get divorce certificates in different states, such as:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Learning where to get your divorce certificate in DuPage County, Illinois, is one tiny sampling of the tasks you can handle with the app. DoNotPay has many other amazing services to offer, such as:
- Helping you notarize any document
- Helping you handle cases of stalking and harassment
- Helping you sue anyone in a small claims court
- Helping you with credit cards
- Helping you get a divorce settlement agreement
- Helping you find missing money
- Helping you with insurance claims
And many other amazing services. Sign up with DoNotPay today to get easy solutions for all your legal issues.