Reach an Inmate at Wheeler Correctional Facility Hassle-Free
The Wheeler Correctional Facility (also called the Wheeler State Prison) is a men's-only prison that was opened in 1998. It's owned by CoreCivic, a private prison company that offers its inmates basic education courses and vocational training. It's located in Alamo, Georgia, and houses over 3,000 inmates in dormitory-style housing.
Wheeler Correctional Facility also offers inmate visitation, and prisoners are allowed to receive packages and letters. Since incoming mail is heavily monitored by the prison staff, some people may have difficulty reaching their family and friends inside the facility. DoNotPay can help you streamline the process and guarantee that your mail gets delivered.
How to Contact an Inmate at Wheeler Correctional Facility
You can easily visit the jail's physical location by car, bus, or rideshare service. Here's how to contact Wheeler Correctional Facility itself for more detailed directions:
|Physical Address||195 North Broad Street, P.O. Box 466, Alamo, GA 30411|
|Website||Wheeler Correctional Facility|
Guidelines for Sending Mail to Wheeler Correctional Facility Inmates
If you're trying to send mail directly to a prisoner, use this address:
Inmate Name and DOC Number
Wheeler Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 466
Alamo, GA 30411
Your letter must also include a full return address, and this facility only accepts mail from USPS.
You are not permitted to send letters with any of these prohibited items:
- Polaroid photos, framed photos, photo albums, or photo negatives
- Items that you have glued or stapled to the mail
- Greeting cards that are larger than 8x10 inches and/or contain any electronic parts
Instructions for Sending Money to Inmates at Wheeler Correctional Facility
Money cannot be sent to prison pen pals or incarcerated family members through regular mail. Cash can be sent through the MoneyGram service using the receive code 6857.
If you'd like to send funds with your credit or debit card, use JPay. You can download the app through your mobile device's app store. If you don't have a smart device, call JPay's support line at (800) 574-5729.
How to Visit a Loved One at Wheeler Correctional Facility
You can visit an inmate on Saturday or Sunday. Visiting hours depend on where the prisoner is located in the facility:
- Saturday hours for units 100, 200, 400, and 900: 2:30 PM-7:30 PM
- Saturday hours for units 500, 600, 700, and 800: 8:30 AM-1:30 PM
- Sunday hours for units 100, 200, 400, and 900: 8:30 AM-1:30 PM
- Sunday hours for units 500, 600, 700, and 800: 2:30 PM-7:30 PM
Each prisoner can only visit with two outside persons at once. The visitation process goes like this:
- Arrive at the facility at least 30 minutes before your scheduled visit.
- Remain in your vehicle until a staff member assigns it a visitor sticker number.
- You will be guided into the facility by a staff member. You must pass through a metal detector and receive a temperature check.
- You can then proceed to the visitation area and are permitted to stay for no more than two hours.
If you'd like to call an inmate, you can't use the prison's direct telephone number. Instead, you must set up a collect account with SecurusTech.
This will allow you to correspond with inmates via the public payphones provided at the facility. Calls are limited to 15 minutes, costing $1.95 for the entire session. You must also be on the prisoner's Call List: otherwise, you won't be able to contact an inmate.
Tips to Contact an Inmate Successfully on Your Own
Mailing a letter or package to a prisoner seems straightforward, but your letters/packages could be returned (or even destroyed) if you make a mistake on the address. If you make too many mistakes or accidentally send contraband items, you may have your mailing privileges revoked.
Visiting an inmate can be even more complicated. If you forget your government-issued ID or driver's license, you won't be permitted inside the facility. You can also be turned away for wearing certain articles of clothing, such as tank tops or anything with mesh material.
If You’re Stuck, DoNotPay Is the Best Solution for Contacting Inmates
DoNotPay has helped its users make meaningful memories with incarcerated loved ones across hundreds of prisons, including Wheeler Correctional Facility. The Connect With an Inmate product has multiple uses, with clear instructions for each. Because it's so successful, DoNotPay is the preferred solution for sending letters and other kinds of mail to prisoners!
To start reaching out to any inmate at Wheeler Correctional Facility, you just need to follow these steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
It's always that easy! For the virtual letter feature, feel free to take advantage of DoNotPay's prison letter templates, conveniently located in the product itself. You can also use Connect With an Inmate to send as many letters as you'd like!
DoNotPay Has Even More to Offer
After you've successfully made contact with an inmate at Wheeler Correctional Facility, you may be wondering about DoNotPay's other services. Here are just a few of the resources we provide:
- Receive missing money that's attached to your name
- Speeding ticket forgiveness
- Bypass phone verification requirements for any service
- Pursue refunds
- Obtain robocall harassment compensation
- Avoid charges on free trial expirations
- Compensation for canceled/delayed flights (or missing in-flight services)
- Managing stalkers and harassment from any entity
- Guides to sue someone in small claims court
- Eliminate email spam
- Get connected to customer service associates ASAP
- Parking ticket appeals
- Permanently cancel any membership
- Make DMV appointments with zero hassle
- Manage overdue bills
- Credit card services
Create your DoNotPay account now: it's quick and easy!