What Happens When You Get a Speeding Ticket
There are a lot of things that can ruin a person's day pretty quickly, and getting a speeding ticket is definitely one of them. Many people don't know what happens when you get a speeding ticket, and they get very concerned when they are confronted with this problem. You can quickly go from enjoying your day and not realizing how fast you are driving to suddenly getting pulled over and made to answer for what you have done.
Needless to say, it is uncomfortable and scary for most people. If you want to avoid the worst ramifications of getting a speeding ticket and you want to learn how to get out of it, you may want to reach out for help from DoNotPay.
Be Respectful to Law Enforcement
This is what usually happens when you get a speeding ticket:
- The officer will pull you over by turning on their lights and sirens
- You should get over as soon as it is safe to do so
- You wait in your car with your hands visible on the steering wheel
- Roll your window down so the officer can speak with you
- Answer their questions calmly and accurately
- Accept the ticket from them at this time
- Move back onto the road and obey all traffic laws
Perhaps you feel that you were wronged when you were issued a speeding ticket. Maybe it is true that you were not actually speeding when you were pulled over. Whatever the case may be, you should save it for the courtroom. Law enforcement does not want to hear your complaints, and they don't want to argue with you. They just want you to accept the ticket for now and move on with your day.
You don't want to show aggression even if you think you were in the right because it won't work out well for you. Instead, try to be as calm as possible and just listen to what the officer tells you.
Keep the Ticket and All Documentation With You
It is easy to lose something as small as a piece of paper such as a ticket which is why you need to secure it and make sure you don’t lose it for future use. You will need it as well as any other related documentation when appearing in court, should you decide to go that route.
What Impacts Are Likely to Occur?
It is possible that you will suffer from a few ramifications of getting a speeding ticket, even if it is your first one. At least two things will be affected:
|Your driving record||Depending on exactly what happened that led to you getting a speeding ticket in the first place, your driving record may take a hit. There are certain things such as speeding in a school zone or near a church that may carry extra penalties with it that you were not necessarily expecting.|
|Your insurance rate||Insurance companies have to consider the fact that you might be a higher risk for them to take on after a speeding ticket, and this may lead to an increase in the premium that you pay each month in order to stay legally on the road.|
Both of these are unfortunate outcomes of getting a speeding ticket, but they are also things that you can fight back against if you should decide to do so.
Contest Your Speeding Ticket in Less Than 120 Seconds
DoNotPay is a popular AI lawyer especially in the field of handling speeding tickets. Major publications such as BBC and The Business Insider have raved about how the app has handled more than 200,000 tickets. Yours could be the next.
DoNotPay can step in and help you try to resolve your speeding ticket situation in a way that is most advantageous to you.
Here are the easy steps that you need to follow:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and find the Speeding Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your speeding ticket.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
Pretty straightforward, isn’t it? Now all you have to do is be on the watch for your traffic ticket issuer's response on the result!
DoNotPay Can Answer All Your Ticket-Related Questions
You might have further questions and the internet is just an endless pool of reference, you could easily get lost and confused with the conflicting information. Relax and rely on DoNotPay to provide expert legal advice no matter what state you are in.
Here are some of the most common concerns that we have encountered so far:
- How long will the speeding ticket stay on my record?
- How badly can a speeding ticket affect my insurance policy?
- How can I get the judge to dismiss my ticket?
- What does a ticket for speeding in a work zone entail?
Getting a speeding ticket may seem like a measly offense but it does have adverse effects on your records and finances. This is why DoNotPay is dedicated to protecting you and contesting them on your behalf.
There Are Countless Ways DoNotPay Can Help
There is something to be said for a company like DoNotPay that goes out of its way to help those who need a little assistance. They have numerous programs on offer right now that can help far beyond just fighting speeding tickets, including:
- Taking care of refunds and chargebacks
- Providing credit cards to avoid unwanted charges
- Filing a complaint against any company
- Getting free trials
- Jumping the phone queue of any company’s customer service hotline
These are the kind of things that most of us would rather not have to deal with but have been forced to at one point. Luckily, DoNotPay can help us take on these challenges and make it easier than ever to get things accomplished. Sign up with DoNotPay right away and watch all your troubles disappear with just a few clicks.